Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where is the Center of the Universe?

Hey thank you Ghislain,
    I think that I have seen that movie a very long time ago but never with elaboration, if I can say.
    First time I saw Dr. Quantum was from this video The Holographic Universe (Part One) This is another good elaboration of films that touches a point, a point that its again related to the topic we discussed.
    Just because I'm ugly doesn't mean that I'm a witch and that I do bad things, I'm ugly of the toxins that had an affect on me wile trying to find a cure for your sorry ass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    The Universe may be the by-product of a flatulent giant and one day we will end up as a particle in the nasal cavity of another giant who will turn to the first and ask..."Have you just farted?" Could this explain the big bang; could our Universe be an unpleasent odour.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Center: the point from which an activity or process is directed, or on which it is focused. maybe the centre of the universe is trying to tell us we can create our own lol we CAN, Fly!!!!

If the universe is just the three-dimensional hypersurface of a four dimensional hypersphere, the hypersphere always expanding with time, yielding a lager and larger hypersurface, then the center of the universe wouldnt so much be a point as it would be the beginning of time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleridgean View Post
    If the universe is just the three-dimensional hypersurface of a four dimensional hypersphere, the hypersphere always expanding with time, yielding a lager and larger hypersurface, then the center of the universe wouldnt so much be a point as it would be the beginning of time
    That makes sense... and it would also be the end of time. Eventually (from our relative perspective). Another view could be that it resides in our own direct conscious experience. I am not talking about egoism "don't think you are the center of the universe"... more like perhaps "you" are.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    That makes sense... and it would also be the end of time. Eventually (from our relative perspective)
    I think it COULD also be the end of time. The Philosopher's Stone has the precept that the "wheel comes full circle". But some scientists claim the Universe will continue to expand. Others claim it will collapse back to a single point. Depending on the gravity of all that dark matter.

The other thing is, maybe what we consider to be linear time is actually a measure more like Zeno's Paradox, so we dont ever reach beyond the moment where the universe begins to collapse again, even though it does.

IMO, Earth is the Geometric centre of the universe and the universe is isotropic with respect to Earth.

See Airy's Failure and Varshini Quasar papers.

As for the spiritual centre, it is the absolute frame of reference where each point is a centre with infinite radius.

Blog Entries
    My reply to the question of this thread:

The Center IS everywhere.

All that IS NOT ---> nowhere ---> Now/Here = Time/Space = Maya, Illusion, etc...

I envision the start of the universe like dropping a pebble into water. It will expand outwards in all directions, and we are still witnessing the ripple effect which is why the universe is growing still. However it is infinitely large in the way that it never stops growing, it is bigger each day than the day before. Therefore the center of the universe would be wherever the point of reference is from, to the observer you are the center. The same reason the sun is at the center of the solar system, so is any point of reference the center of the universe, the sacred point within a circle, the monad.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    My reply to the question of this thread:

The Center IS everywhere.

All that IS NOT ---> nowhere ---> Now/Here = Time/Space = Maya, Illusion, etc...
    Similar to Pascal in his "Pensées":
    Let man then contemplate the whole of nature in her full and grand majesty, and turn his vision from the low objects which surround him. Let him gaze on that brilliant light, set like an eternal lamp to illumine the universe; let the earth appear to him a point in comparison with the vast circle described by the sun; and let him wonder at the fact that this vast circle is itself but a very fine point in comparison with that described by the stars in their revolution round the firmament. But if our view be arrested there, let our imagination pass beyond; it will sooner exhaust the power of conception than nature that of supplying material for conception. The whole visible world is only an imperceptible atom in the ample bosom of nature. No idea approaches it. We may enlarge our conceptions beyond all imaginable space; we only produce atoms in comparison with the reality of things. It is an infinite sphere, the centre of which is everywhere, the circumference nowhere
    Who was plagiarizing the Book of the 24 Philosophers:
    God is an infinite sphere whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.
    Which was plagiarizing Nicholas of Cusa:
    All these [points] are exhibited by the infinite circle, which is eternal, without beginning and end, indivisibly the most one and the most encompassing. Because this circle is maximum, its diameter is also maximum. And since there cannot be more than one maximum, this circle is most one to such an extent that the diameter is the circumference.
    Now, an infinite diameter has an infinite middle. But the middle is the center. Therefore, it is evident that the center, the diameter, and the circumference are the same thing.
    Which was a derivation from this idea of the same book:
    In the preceding [passages] I have shown the sole and very simple Maximum. And [I have shown] that [the following] are not this Maximum: the most perfect corporeal figure (viz., the sphere), the most perfect surface figure (viz., the circle), the most perfect rectilineal figure (viz., the triangle), the most perfect figure of simple straightness (viz., the line). Rather, the Maximum itself is beyond all these things. Consequently, we must leave behind the things which, together with their material associations, are attained through the senses, through the imagination, or through reason-[leave them behind] so that we may arrive at the most simple and most abstract understanding, where all things are one, where a line is a triangle, a circle, and a sphere, where oneness is threeness (and conversely), where accident is substance, where body is mind (spiritus), where motion is rest, and other such things. Now, there is understanding when anything whatsoever in the One is understood to be the One, and, consequently,anything whatsoever in the One [is understood to be] all things. And you have not rightly left behind the sphere, the circle, and the like, unless you understand that maximal Oneness is necessarily, trine—since maximal Oneness cannot at all be rightly understood unless it is understood to be trine

+ Reply to Thread