Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are we and where are we going?

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    My point is only that death gives a sort of deadline... without death what's the point? Like the African proverb: "the only stress is death"

What you fill life with is individual, but death is the common denominator for us all, what we all equally share rich and poor.

Hi Dev,

without death what's the point? ... What you fill life with is individual, but death is the common denominator for us all, what we all equally share rich and poor.

Sure we all die, but it is hardly a common denominator. While any particular incident of death might be avoided or postponed, all of them will get us each one time or another, especially on Groundhog Day. The interludes are always instantly eternal and, duration "there" has no relation to "time" here so it isn't even any "relief". Like in THE DEVILS ADVOCATE, no matter what the perceived duration, it's always just a blink of the eye. It does allow one to learn by experience, not in the way that "Phil" tried to memorize his way through to bed all the ladies or whatever, but when he finally got it, that changing himself, was the key. His remembering was Deus ex machine, of no known cause. But since he remembered, he accumulated detail about his life across many variations of one day, a "wide" model instead of a "long" model. In the commentary it was pointed out that the concept period was 10,000 years of groundhog day. He learned that suicide didn't work. He also learned that the only things he could take with him were changes he made to his self. Everything else he lost each night, or death. He had to find a different reason for his life to have meaning and be worthwhile. He also had to learn that his perceptions of everybody in town was different than they could even perceive as possible. He knew everything about them before they even met. He had to be able to be innocent in his relationships which is how he eventually ended his Feb 2 experience and transitioned to what might be a similar Feb 3 experience with a fellow voyager, somebody to experience things with who will be in on the deal.

Blog Entries
    Yes I agree, it depends on what angle you choose to look at it. The singular life, or the complete life cycle... but I agree about the learning concept.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Yes I agree, it depends on what angle you choose to look at it. The singular life, or the complete life cycle... but I agree about the learning concept.

Hi Dev,

I don't get what you mean "The singular life, or the complete life cycle... "

Blog Entries
    This life I have now, compared to the, in theory, multitude of lives I have and will have.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

+ Reply to Thread