Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why historical alchemists live short lives

I have read that exist texts of two holandus. And this has created confusion with the identities of each one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    This is a usefull list, thanks for compiling it!

Other similar threads:
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3819
    Last edited by Awani; 05-20-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: fix code

Blog Entries
    Gilles de Rais (1401–1440)
    This one was executed.
    He raped and murdered at leat 300 children (no exact number in fact) and practiced pedophil acts + black magick + alchemy on them.

Side note : He particularly enjoyed killing them (he loved blood a lot, so opening them or cutting throat) while raping them.

Please, don't considerate this monster as an alchemist.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    We can always remove him from the list.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I want to make clear I did not compile this list myself, I meant to add the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alchemists

It is possible that the philosophers stone never got past the theory stage and that this theory had been developing over a considerable time. What do we say about those who in their text say they have carried out the work with their own hands? well humans are humans I guess. Some of those Alchemists are on this list and we can see that despite the claims their lifespan was unimpressive!

I may be overlooking it, but I don't see my boy Flamel in that list.
    What's up with that? lol
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

I do not think that longevity has to be understood that way.

It is said the the PAR-ergon ("physical possession of God", the "Stone") is helpful since it allows the alchemist to have enough time to accomplish ERGON (glory body).

In this sense, it is not weird anymore to physically die at 50, 60, 70 ...
    It makes no sense to stay is this "layer" when you have exhausted all the growing possibilities (except for helping but that is an other subject).
    When the software is too complex for the hardware, we are happy to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    I want to make clear I did not compile this list myself, I meant to add the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alchemists

It is possible that the philosophers stone never got past the theory stage and that this theory had been developing over a considerable time. What do we say about those who in their text say they have carried out the work with their own hands? well humans are humans I guess.
    But that assumption leaves a big problem: plenty of people who were not alchemists themselves, some of whom were even skeptic critics of alchemy, saw samples of Stone with their own eyes and some even handled it and put it to the test with their own hands... and it performed as claimed! Obviously some people must have been preparing this "thing". This was no mere theoretical fancy but an actual substance which had at least some of the properties commonly claimed to possess in the literature on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But that assumption leaves a big problem: plenty of people who were not alchemists themselves, some of whom were even skeptic critics of alchemy, saw samples of Stone with their own eyes and some even handled it and put it to the test with their own hands... and it performed as claimed! Obviously some people must have been preparing this "thing". This was no mere theoretical fancy but an actual substance which had at least some of the properties commonly claimed to possess in the literature on the subject.
    Why has this not occurred in our time? why no photos or videos on youtube of transmuting base metals into gold?

I mean it could be true, I hope its true but this is one of the reasons I study alternative paths as a backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    I may be overlooking it, but I don't see my boy Flamel in that list.
    What's up with that? lol
    78 years (1340-1418)

michael maier only lived 54 years (1568–1622) yet in his works he gives the usual Alchemical story about how longevity can be greatly extended and how he has held the stone in his own hands.

I mean its also possible that all these alchemists had to fake their own deaths.

Many people regard Aleister crowley to have been a master magician able to summon daemons and command the elementals...yet he died alone in an old peoples home, where was his powers then?

oh and btw he also claimed in his 40s that he knew what the philosophers stone was and that he had made it himself.

+ Reply to Thread