Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rosicrucian Question?

Rosicrucian Question?

hello to all, I am new to this site.

does anyone here have any specific knowledge of "the brotherhood of the rosy cross" located in maine ?

I posted these 2 questions to the email given on their website several weeks ago and have gotten no reply.

do you have to be a Christian to belong to the brotherhood ? and
    it states that there are 2 types of membership...familia (which follow the rule of the order)....and observantia (which follow the teachings but not the rule)

there is no explanation as to what the rule is, so how are you supposed to chose which is right for you?

it is stated that "there are now 2 types of membership" inferring that there was not always. so ...what is the nature of the "rule" that some may chose not to follow it but only observe the teachings?

thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by roadtopeace View Post
    hello to all, I am new to this site.

does anyone here have any specific knowledge of "the brotherhood of the rosy cross" located in maine ?

I posted these 2 questions to the email given on their website several weeks ago and have gotten no reply.

do you have to be a Christian to belong to the brotherhood ? and
    it states that there are 2 types of membership...familia (which follow the rule of the order)....and observantia (which follow the teachings but not the rule)

there is no explanation as to what the rule is, so how are you supposed to chose which is right for you?

it is stated that "there are now 2 types of membership" inferring that there was not always. so ...what is the nature of the "rule" that some may chose not to follow it but only observe the teachings?

thanks very much
    Hi Roadtopeace,

The explanations are whatever they say they are. They are? (he is?) most likely making it up as they go along. Usually the answers are those that will tell you nothing of value at a substantial price. If I sound extremely dubious it is because I am. Let us count the numbers of make believe "Rosicrucian" organizations. Through the years one would probably need to be able to use both hands and both feet to be able to count high enough.

J.R. Haule, a Jungian therapist who took up Tantric Alchemy for decades estimates that within that field something like 99 in 100 "teachers of Tantra" are teaching something that isn't tantric alchemy. Sacred sex, as fun as that may be is not Tantric Alchemy. On top of that the "Rosicrucian" orgs might not even be teaching anything as useful as good sex. They typically play the "secret organization" card hard. So don't expect to find out anything until a lot of money has been spent and 2 years at least have gone by and even then likely only regurgitated verbiage.

Of course if they spend that time trying to scare you away maybe there is something worth learning there, or they may have just learned that method to suck folks in.

This is my opinion for whatever it is or isn't worth. Be careful.

Blog Entries
    Also see this thread for more views: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...php?1128-AMORC

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Hi Roadtopeace,

The explanations are whatever they say they are. They are? (he is?) most likely making it up as they go along. Usually the answers are those that will tell you nothing of value at a substantial price. If I sound extremely dubious it is because I am. Let us count the numbers of make believe "Rosicrucian" organizations. Through the years one would probably need to be able to use both hands and both feet to be able to count high enough.

J.R. Haule, a Jungian therapist who took up Tantric Alchemy for decades estimates that within that field something like 99 in 100 "teachers of Tantra" are teaching something that isn't tantric alchemy. Sacred sex, as fun as that may be is not Tantric Alchemy. On top of that the "Rosicrucian" orgs might not even be teaching anything as useful as good sex. They typically play the "secret organization" card hard. So don't expect to find out anything until a lot of money has been spent and 2 years at least have gone by and even then likely only regurgitated verbiage.

Of course if they spend that time trying to scare you away maybe there is something worth learning there, or they may have just learned that method to suck folks in.

This is my opinion for whatever it is or isn't worth. Be careful.

thanks for replying to my message.

I understand there is much to be weary of...I have looked at quite a few Rosicrucian organizations to find one that feels like it fits, as well as one that appears above board and sincere.
    this brotherhood of the rosy cross (in the state of maine) at least seems the most sincere to me. just going by the material on their webpage.
    but it is so far proving impossible to contact any of them (just like the real deal haha!) in order to ask them any questions I might have....and there is very little about them on the net except for a dead blog by frater anselmo, the last posts are from 4 years ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Speaking of secrecy (as we have these past few days) I have joined my local AMORC!
    hello and thanks for replying

I see that you joined amorc quite a while ago.
    are you still a member? I would love to hear any and all of your personal insights on the pros and cons of the organization.

and...would you say that (in your experience) a sincere person who applies themselves can actually achieve any or all of the claims that amorc makes?

can you say that you have had true spiritual experiences as a direct result of your studies with them?

thanks again
    Last edited by Andro; 12-31-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Relevant quote added for context.

Blog Entries
    What III states in the AMORC thread is pretty much as it is... and also what I suspected... although I am still a member...

Because of work and other engagements I have not participated yet in any of the rituals I have been invited to, and I have not met the other members... so I will try that out first before I quit or continue. If you can't afford the costs then I would not advice to join. If the economy you have is tight it is certainly not worth it IMO. For me it is about 25 USD a month which I can manage.

Last edited by Awani; 01-01-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread