Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book: "Alkymiens Mysterier"

Blog Entries

nice pdf i found by Merelle

not sure you have a different section for pdfs. feel free to move this if so
    http://www.alchemylife.org/arkivs/my...emymerelle.pdf
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Thanks, I just read the first bit and it looks interesting. I like the author, as she sounds like a humble soul and not attempting to be some grand high muckety muck obsessed with her own superiority.

There already is a thread about this book here

I only happen to know because I searched and read it by myself recently.

Blog Entries

Logistical Post

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    There already is a thread about this book here
    The two threads have now been merged. Thanks for pointing this out.

You are welcome. It is indeed a nice read. At least the first parts of the book. Has anyone tried (and succeeded) the mentioned dissolving of clouds in the sky by staring at them?

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    You are welcome. It is indeed a nice read. At least the first parts of the book. Has anyone tried (and succeeded) the mentioned dissolving of clouds in the sky by staring at them?
    Agreed, the farther I got along in it the less interested I became. Will give it a good look again when I'm in a reading mood.

Not sure what you mean by "staring" at "them." I used to watch actual clouds a lot when I was studying magic, and they do seem to move and change course with enough concentration. The theories on whether it was me moving the clouds or them moving me could go on forever, determinism gets weird when you inject consciousness and reciprocity, so I don't normally share that anecdote with people.

I can say that the early chapters of the book resonated very well with me, as it's in line with what I got from my salt experiments, collecting a special salt from the air. I wonder what else is in it besides ammonium nitrate, because the qualities are slightly different. My brain is concocting a setup that I can leave at my property to collect the salt over time without the need to check it every morning. Something that will collect at night and evaporate slowly during the day. That would beat the hell out of boiling water for hours and hours so I can devote my "burner" time to other things.

+ Reply to Thread