Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Calling to Those Adepts who have followed the BoA!

It's true, a lot of us have to go down that road. I've had some shameful thoughts myself on the matter. Of course painfully embarrassing lab work really helped keep me humble. But as a student of philosophy I wished to be more on the path of wisdom. Actually for me alchemy has been more of a journey not only of lab principles but universal principles in regards to life.

I would agree to avoid the ones who call themselves masters and especially the ones who make the really big claims. It's always a dead giveaway in alchemy when someone makes outrageous claims. *** was one who had a massive problem with that, may he rest in peace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunsola View Post
    After learning a lot more about alchemy it's actually quite hilarious that everything he took from the old authors was either misinterpreted or the worthless sections meant to mislead. It was like he couldn't have wrote it worse if he tried. It was a very strange thing looking back on it to see him acknowledging there exists a subtle life force then proceeding to attempt to capture/manifest it by using typical scientific means.
    If you carefully look at modern literature on alchemy, the thinking about it, around it, is all physical. One needs to overcome that, to understand the Old Masters, I believe. They 'kill' the very substance they try to 'capture' by their modern lab-methods.

I don't mean to speak bad of the author.
    I sensed that from you, Lunsola; it's a dialogue on the matter-at-hand, right?

He fulfilled his purpose which was to bring more people to alchemy. It's just comical and ironic what he really believes about himself and his destiny.
    I believe, in the greater scheme of things, it will actually turn away people after they leave "convinced" that alchemy doesn't work or, get confused more because the 'education' they received already planted wrong seeds about what is and what is not. Misinformation is very important in all espionage work or for the mechanism of social control.

Blog Entries
    *** was one who had a massive problem with that, may he rest in peace.
    And both are also related i.e. one cause the other.

Last edited by Awani; 02-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    Kris, what are you referring to by 'the matter at hand'?

Urine as working matter in the BoA?

Or the 'matter' of claiming mastery?

If you carefully look at modern literature on alchemy, the thinking about it, around it, is all physical. One needs to overcome that, to understand the Old Masters, I believe. They 'kill' the very substance they try to 'capture' by their modern lab-methods.
    I like your way of looking at it.

Well I'm not so sure. I might just appear civil on it to appease the rules/guidelines. I'm very child like and plenty of immature about a lot of things.

I believe, in the greater scheme of things, it will actually turn away people after they leave "convinced" that alchemy doesn't work or, get confused more because the 'education' they received already planted wrong seeds about what is and what is not. Misinformation is very important in all espionage work or for the mechanism of social control.
    That could be so but for me it definitely wasn't the case. He convinced me if only briefly that alchemy was real which led me into other books/works. I had never even seen an alchemy text before that. It was definitely a very positive note for my life when he released that.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    And both are also related i.e. one cause the other.

Indeed, universal principles at work.
    Last edited by Awani; 02-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Kris, what are you referring to by 'the matter at hand'?
    Yeah, forgive me, I meant a figure of speech. We're just discussing, having a dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post

Anyone claiming they have mastered alchemy and is trying to recruit you to follow them are NOTHING but an egotistical, greedy, self-serving megalomaniac... and in my reality they are also a joke!

IMO!

I couldn't agree more. I read the BoA years ago, and it didn't take long to realize that the author is definitely NOT an Adept. Nobody is an Adept who has not produced the Stone, yet there are hundreds who claim to be an Adept without ever having produced it. At least this author claimed not to have produced the Stone. His book was grossly premature, and thus a disservice to the alchemy community.

Blog Entries
    That could be so but for me it definitely wasn't the case. He convinced me if only briefly that alchemy was real which led me into other books/works. I had never even seen an alchemy text before that. It was definitely a very positive note for my life when he released that.
    The point being, for me at least, that these short fun experiences are good, but unless one benefits from making medicine, healing or what have you, it is a 'dead issue' in all. In other words, it's merely Western-styled entertainment, latest vogue, for ego. So it is more rewarding as intended by alchemists of Old if it comes to be a way of life (viz., illumination), balanced view of the world, and essentially leading to transmutation. You see my point?

So what it did was, lead someone on a short phase of 3 to 4 years adventure, then one 'naturally' wonders away from lab-alchemy. That's not the original intent of alchemists of Old. But the initial thrill that BoA produced, and now the sail taken out of it, fits that basic method of 'misleading'.

But it is what it is. Neither right or wrong, I'm just simply making a point.

I believe BOA it was very useful as it drew in people to alchemy who might not otherwise have looked into it because it can be so incomprehensible. It gave them a handle on what looked like a way to understand it. Even though the method is flawed (in my opinion). Maybe after people tried the method they had a spring board to investigate other area.

The advice to stick to the texts from the 1600's was not bad either

But yea you are right, beware of the giant ego.
    I believe the forum was closed down abruptly more than once and that is no way to treat people. Maybe that was intentional - to set people off in their own directions

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    I believe BOA it was very useful as it drew in people to alchemy who might not otherwise have looked into it because it can be so incomprehensible. It gave them a handle on what looked like a way to understand it.
    Yes, but it was still the wrong and misleading way to approach Alchemy, and now leaves a foul taste in those who were first attracted to Alchemy. In a way, this type of exposure might be helpful as a learning tool in which to evaluate other claims, since the Alchemy community is literally filled with pretenders, egotists, the misguided and the delusional. Over the many years, I have interacted with literally many hundreds of people interested in Alchemy, and of those, I've only found a very small handful whose intentions are sincere. And of those, I can count on only a few fingers those who are primarily interested in the theory, philosophy and esoterics/hermetics behind Alchemy, before they are properly prepared for the lab practice. You only have to look at the huge library of books on Alchemy to see how few even discuss the theory and esoterics/hermetics, and of those almost all do not even approach it correctly, in my opinion. There are a few isolated books that indirectly touch on it, but none that I know of, which are not only dedicated to it, but seem to know what they are talking about. Many delve into radical, melodramatic and imaginative New Age nonsense.

Of course esoterics lies behind many approaches, other than alchemy, that attempt to address our place in Nature/Gnosis and our higher purpose in this world, and how such knowledge has been passed down to us, mostly verbally or with symbolic means, over thousands of years. And I'm quite aware that this knowledge cannot be well explained in any book. But, in my opinion, it certainly indicates the huge degree of delusion and self-serving pretense that exists in the realm of alchemical teaching.

+ Reply to Thread