Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Alchemy and Megalomania

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Awani hosted me and my friend in his home for a whole week as well (I think in the summer of 2014), and that was incredibly awesome and kind of him and his life partner. This was also when we recorded (and filmed) this podcast. It was fun doing the whole road-trip from Amsterdam (with a one-day stop in Copenhagen), at one point we needed to engage the rocket engines to catch the ferry

So, as a flip-side to the "megalomania" topic, kindness often begets kindness.
    Another nice example.
    It takes trust and friendship to do something like that, because anyone who does it (I did it a lot of times with artists from abroad) is exposing himself and his whole life to the chances of having the worst week of his life... or quite the opposite.

But that's an example... I do not think that "the world of the megalomaniacs" is a fair portrait of alchemy.

Kindness brings kindness. Friendship brings friendship. Jokes bring more jokes...

I.e, Awani and I have more or less similar tastes in music (or there is a zone of music that we both like and other zones where our tastes are different). Anyway, I remembered how happy he was when he got a permission to use the music of some bands we both like in his podcasts and he wanted to show such thing to someone... and in just a matter of minutes we were like kids saying "this band is jaw dropping!!!!".... and it was not him being a megalomaniac saying "look how important I am, now I can play these songs"... but just friendly enthusiasm.

A a polyhedron with many different faces... and several of them are VERY nice. The megalomaniac face of this a polyhedron is just one among many. It's not a two sided coin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    ...but just friendly enthusiasm...
    That is a good point. I suspect (in my life) that I have often (by others) been considered to be megalomaniac in certain situations when in fact (from my perspective) it is simply sharing something cool...

Kindness brings kindness. Friendship brings friendship. Jokes bring more jokes...

Hate brings more hate... so as far as I can tell from living in this body for x amount of time, whatever you put out you get back. So the rhetorical questions is: what do you want?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    ...because anyone who does it (I did it a lot of times with artists from abroad) is exposing himself...
    True... but there is also another perspective to that:

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread