Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 306

Thread: Aspects of Alchemy

  1. #291
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,811
    Blog Entries
    47
    So tell me JDP...

    After I have my super charged moon particles, how would you like me to prove their existance?

    Is it enoigh to just send you a sample? Would you like a video of it being made?

    I assure you that if i fail i will just happily admit it.... and that ill only be sending powder if it has "sprung" up in distilled water...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    227
    JDP,

    So you acknowledge a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 % chance of there actually being something to the SM concept???!!! Is that just a temporary glitch or have you mellowed over the years?!

    In either case, you just made my day!

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Not quite, it is way more likely the other way around: the Stone was discovered accidentally first, through simple & straightforward empiricism, trial & error, like most discoveries of mankind, then a whole bunch of fanciful theories/speculations/conjectures regarding the subject were superimposed on it over the centuries to try to "explain" it. I can very safely discard all this mass of speculation without blinking an eye, just like I do the same about gravity (nobody has ever really been able to explain what it is, yet we know it is a fact simply because we can observe its effects all over the place), for example, and still accept its reality.

    As for my interest in the Stone: it is most certainly NOT any of the fanciful theories and beliefs of the alchemists that makes me believe in it. It is the fact that I know that transmutation is quite real, plus the amount of historical witnesses who handled or saw samples of the Stone in action. It takes way more than just theories to make me interested in something. My palate requires more substantial things, it is not satisfied with morsels of empty air.
    How come the Philosopher's Stone transmutes common metals into gold? Why not into platinum, or uranium, or lead? In the classical scheme, this could be explained, as the Stone was the ultimate matter, or matter brought to perfection - and gold was the Solar metal, the Sun representing the highest attainable state. All of which you most likely consider bogus. So what is your explanation for the Stone's action?

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    So tell me JDP...

    After I have my super charged moon particles, how would you like me to prove their existance?

    Is it enoigh to just send you a sample? Would you like a video of it being made?

    I assure you that if i fail i will just happily admit it.... and that ill only be sending powder if it has "sprung" up in distilled water...
    As much as you already admit your failures here, I don't think anyone will distrust your word, including JDP (correct me if wrong, JDP), but pictures would help, as well as setup details so we can account for "dusty" peculiarities in the experimental process.

    Edit: ooh ooh. And what would be real nice is two setups. One blocked from the moonlight and the other not, for comparisons!
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:54 AM. Reason: added stuff

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    So tell me JDP...

    After I have my super charged moon particles, how would you like me to prove their existance?

    Is it enoigh to just send you a sample? Would you like a video of it being made?

    I assure you that if i fail i will just happily admit it.... and that ill only be sending powder if it has "sprung" up in distilled water...
    How about by accomplishing what you are planning by trying this bizarre "condensing moonbeams" scheme: actually make the Stone with them and send me a sample. THAT I can put to the test!

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    How come the Philosopher's Stone transmutes common metals into gold? Why not into platinum, or uranium, or lead? In the classical scheme, this could be explained, as the Stone was the ultimate matter, or matter brought to perfection - and gold was the Solar metal, the Sun representing the highest attainable state. All of which you most likely consider bogus. So what is your explanation for the Stone's action?
    Because it is "fermented" with gold or silver. Platinum wasn't known to the ancients. Maybe it is actually possible to transmute base metals into other "noble" metals that were unknown to them. It would be a matter of "fermenting" the Stone with platinum, palladium, rhodium, etc. and seeing if it can also transmute into them.

    From my own "chymical" experiments, it seems to me that transmutation is a one-way street: it goes from the more active metals (or "baser" metals, in the parlance of older times) to the more inert metals (or "nobler" metals, in the parlance of older times.) You can make silver (more inert metal) from copper, lead, tin, bismuth, etc. (more active metals), and you can make gold (more inert metal) from silver (less inert metal), but not the other way around. There appears to be some type of "evolutionary" thing going on with metals, if we are permitted to use a biological analogy. It's as if metals seek the more "stable/inert" forms, if forced to radically change by either chymical or alchemical operations.

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    486
    Maybe it has also something to do with it's properties. Even modern science makes a difference between the classical Cu, Ag, Au on the one side and Pt,Pd,Os and others on the other side.

    From Wiki:
    In physics, the definition of a noble metal is most strict. It requires that the d bands of the electronic structure be filled. From this perspective, only copper, silver and gold are noble metals, as all d-like bands are filled and do not cross the Fermi level.[9] However, d-hybridized bands do cross the Fermi level to a small extent. In the case of platinum, two d bands cross the Fermi level, changing its chemical behaviour such that it can function as a catalyst. The difference in reactivity can easily be seen during the preparation of clean metal surfaces in an ultra-high vacuum: surfaces of "physically defined" noble metals (e.g., gold) are easy to clean and keep clean for a long time, while those of platinum or palladium, for example, are covered by carbon monoxide very quickly.

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    How about by accomplishing what you are planning by trying this bizarre "condensing moonbeams" scheme: actually make the Stone with them and send me a sample. THAT I can put to the test!
    Personally, if he gets anything at all from his moonbeams I'll be curious/suspicious/impressed. Transmuting moonlight into substance would be enough to get my attention.

  9. #299
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,811
    Blog Entries
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Personally, if he gets anything at all from his moonbeams I'll be curious/suspicious/impressed. Transmuting moonlight into substance would be enough to get my attention.
    You wont be the only one impressed im sure....

    Light into matter is pretty spiffy. And perfectly explainable scientifically. Photons interacting with hydrogen oxygen and nitrogen can effect orbital energies that could create the environment for unusual chemical bonding to occur. So while the resulting matter will still just be molecules, there is new energy present. Clearly.

    Im thinking of ways that may have effected and contaminated my pervious trial run and i do believe there is potential for the process to have been contaminated so it still could be a dud experiment as JDP suggests. Only time will tell

    But basically i am just following what i know to be basic hermetic philosophy.

    Spirit ==>Fire==> Air==> Water==> Earth.

    We'll see...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    You wont be the only one impressed im sure....

    Light into matter is pretty spiffy. And perfectly explainable scientifically. Photons interacting with hydrogen oxygen and nitrogen can effect orbital energies that could create the environment for unusual chemical bonding to occur. So while the resulting matter will still just be molecules, there is new energy present. Clearly.

    Im thinking of ways that may have effected and contaminated my pervious trial run and i do believe there is potential for the process to have been contaminated so it still could be a dud experiment as JDP suggests. Only time will tell

    But basically i am just following what i know to be basic hermetic philosophy.

    Spirit ==>Fire==> Air==> Water==> Earth.

    We'll see...

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts