Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Full Isolation of Mono-Atomic Minerals from Dead Sea Salt

Blog Entries
    I'm happy to see you confirm it. I have already purified some ormus by 2-3 dissolution cycles. Now i keep it in a flask as a "proof of concept" as it can be precipitated or disappeared depending on the outside heat.

Eager to continue with the crystals as soon I get my hands on some H2O2. I will love the white smoke you describe thanks a lot!

fff

hay theFool,

here is a photo of the the green solution , that s made with the H2O2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigwamman View Post
    hay theFool,

here is a photo of the the green solution , that s made with the H2O2
    Hello! What a great quantity you got there
    I have already started my second dissolution in ~30% H2O2 (I haven't concentrated it). It is been 2 days now and the fizzing goes on. Visually, my solution does not have this intriguing green color because of smaller quantities probably.

good day,

this is great news

i concentrated the green solution from 350ml to about 100ml so now its saturated
    the color is still the same.

i found that if i add a balloon to the flask, so that it is not exposed to free air the reaction will be better, you just have to let the balloon go empty from time to time

With love...
    Wigwamman

Blog Entries
    i concentrated the green solution from 350ml to about 100ml so now its saturated
    the color is still the same.
    Hm, before concentrating the solution, was it green? Some sources say that m-state gold in solution can get a green color after digesting (heating) it.

i found that if i add a balloon to the flask, so that it is not exposed to free air the reaction will be better, you just have to let the balloon go empty from time to time
    Nice, this is an handy way to check if the gas is oxygen too.

Hm, before concentrating the solution, was it green? Some sources say that m-state gold in solution can get a green color after digesting (heating) it.
    yes it was green before i concentrated it, but it did get worm when it was digesting in the H2O2
    i heated it a little over a candle so that the reaction would start quicker and after that i removed the candle and it heated itself for some time, and i let it stand untill the balloon did not grow anymore after that i filterd and collected the precipitate in the filter and put it back in the flask and added again H2O2 and did the same again with the heating. this gave me the green solution,

the smell in the balloon is some what that of the solutions smell, i was planning to try and see if something could be condensed in a very cold receiver, dont know if this would give any results but is worth a try,

when tasting the green solution (after all H2O2 was decomposed) it gave ma a strong mstate feeling on my forehead

With love...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    I have already purified some ormus by 2-3 dissolution cycles. Now i keep it in a flask as a "proof of concept" as it can be precipitated or disappeared depending on the outside heat.
    After some cycles of heating and cooling the solution in that flask took the green color. So, probabaly heat is important for the appearence of the green color.

Hm, before concentrating the solution, was it green? Some sources say that m-state gold in solution can get a green color after digesting (heating) it

hay thefool..

this is interesting... great information and yes i headed the solution... this was so that the reaction would take place some what faster. circulation / heating will prob give more energy to the mstate that is in solution... i have heard as well that the more energy the green lion processes the greener it will become....

With love...
    wigwamman

Blog Entries
    An update:
    One easy way to obtain the green solution mentioned in the above posts is to dissolve the purified salt of step (3) of the recipe, into hydrochloric acid* (weak acid seems to be ok). Then, start evaporating the solution on low heat. Within some time it will turn green and you will see it getting greener and greener as it concentrates.
    This green solution (A) can be studied in various ways. You can get some ideas here, in an older thread.

I have tried to separate the green thing from the other salts. It seems soluble in ethanol, but so are some of the other salts too (CaCl2?). So, with ethanol we cannot obtain a perfect separation.
    Then comes extraction with ether. It seems to be soluble in ether (changes the color to green), but needs enough time to dissolve. I tried to isolate it by evaporating the ether, but got nothing of green color (). I only got a very very thin whitish "butter" that smells like citrus (could it be self condensation of ether?)
    When the green HCl solution (A) is evaporated to dryiness, white salts appear but in some areas they are colored yellow-green. Obviously the thing that gives the green color to the solution can color those salts.

I propose next to check the solubility in naptha, toluene or other, more convenient solvent. Check if this green substance can distill together with the solvent.

It has been proposed that the green color is given due to bromide salts found in DSS. An experiment needs to be designed in order to rule out or confirm this possibility.

If anyone is actively following this thread, please report back your findings. Thanks.

*Unfortunatelly I haven't tried this with clean HCl yet.

Blog Entries
    In another experiment, salt of the step (3) was extracted by 3% H2O2. I wanted to see if this 3% H2O2 can substitute the 30% H2O2 needed by the recipe. The extraction proceeded for some days with bubbles. Then, the H2O2 solution was evaporated to dryines and a white salt occured. This white salt when heated strongly turns black and melts at ~500 C. This white salt was dissolved in weak HCl and then put to digestion. It turned green in color. I believe that those are indications that the extraction with 3% H2O2 can work too for the purification process.

One other observation on the green liquid is that the color dissappears when the pH is raised in the alkaline region.

+ Reply to Thread