Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Hermetic Foundations Of Alchemy

Blog Entries

The Hermetic Foundations Of Alchemy

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that a relative majority of Alchemists (at least here) is mostly UN-interested in the 'Spiritus Mundi' topic, and is rather researching various particulars, metals/minerals/meteorites, chemical solvents & compounds, etc... (in which I personally have zero interest)

There is still some interest in the 'Purist SM' topic, and I just wanted to let you all know that I am working on what may possibly be my most significant open communication/contribution on the this subject, including its Qualities, its Origin, some of the the Laws & Principles involved, many common (IMO) misconceptions about it and the 'Genesis' Sequence involved with it. I don't know when it will be ready. In practice, I am still working and refining my approach and my research - I obviously haven't generated 'The Stone' (yet), so this will be a collection of insights and 'notes from the road', so to speak, for whatever and to whomever it's worth.

I know that there are opinions saying that people who haven't completed the Great Work shouldn't write about it.

On the other hand, there are opinions saying that those who have actually completed the Universal Work, are the ones most likely to NOT write about it.

So please take everything I write (past & future) with a grain of (Central) Salt, apply your individual discernment and derive your OWN conclusions and possible implementations.

I am currently putting a lot of effort into summarizing/concentrating a few years of direct experience, observations and some of my own personal guidance, received via various entities on various planes of existence. There will be of course no 'recipes', because every Alchemist I have ever met in my travels around the world is applying different methods/techniques, while still observing the very same principles. In other words, there are probably as many 'recipes' as there are Alchemists...

Perhaps the most significant point I wanted to make with this post is that Alchemy, even though it DOES involve 'lab' work in a sense, is also most definitely a spiritual path, given the internal level of inner/personal revelation and shift of perspective/vision that it requires to receive the necessary 'Keys' to put it into practice.

That's all (for now).

Cheers & till soon...

Hello Androgynus,

I'm still exploring several different approaches, and while I favor some over others, until I have been fortunate enough to actually make the Stone, I remain very interested in all reasonable theories that others are passionate about.

I also agree that the lab practice is just a means towards a greater hermetic end that leads to spiritual awareness.

I look forward to your generous offer to provide the results of your insights here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    I remain very interested in all reasonable theories that others are passionate about.
    Open-minded skepticism is a quite healthy way to discern outside sources

I also agree that the lab practice is just a means towards a greater hermetic end that leads to spiritual awareness.
    Just as a paradigm shift in Spiritual Awareness is a means towards 'greater' lab practice

I look forward to your generous offer to provide the results of your insights here.
    It's a meticulous work, to put it all together in the form of a concentrated outlook/synopsis - so it may take a while, especially as it requires a very careful approach in the choice of wording.

But I'm already working on the initial draft. It turns out to be quite a demanding task, in terms of the required levels of internal coherence and focus/concentration.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I look forward to your generous work very thanks

ny best regards alfr

Excellent, thanks Androgynus!

Hi Androgynus

I would still be very interested in this thread, maybe like others who are just reserved about posting on it due to lack of good understanding.
    I believe it is one of the most important threads on the forum (along with celestial agriculture)

And of course it is that time of year again when our bowls may be filled if we've made them just right.....

Blog Entries
    Here are the current main headlines/sections/'chapters' being written (and re-written, etc...)

The topics are an abridgement of Hermetic Philosophy with special focus on Practical Alchemy:

1. Origin: The Prime Paradox

2. The Nature of Spiritus Mundi - The First Emanation - The Philosophical 'Heaven'

3. The Philosophical 'Earth'/Magnet - The Universal Undifferentiated Foundation and Lowest Common Denominator

4. The Two-Step Sequence and Double-Action of Spiritus Mundi in Reality Design (Involution & Evolution)

5. Aristocracy of Meritocracy: The Hierarchical Nature of Reality

6. The Ouroboros and the Alchemical Shortcut

7. Common Misconceptions about the Universal Great Work

8. Emulating 'Nature': Natural Design Laws applicable to the Universal Great Work

9. The 'Veil' and the 'Portal'

10. Epilogue

This is what I am working on, it's not final (still a work in progress).

Hopefully, I'll have a first draft ready by the beginning of April.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Hopefully, I'll have a first draft ready by the beginning of April.
    Based on the Chapter headings, it looks like this will be quite interesting. I look forward to the presentation and any related discussion.

This almost deserves a separate section, so it won't be buried within these 60 pages (and growing).

In fact, it would be nice to have a separate Section completely dedicated to organized presentations of individual theories of a (mostly) complete overview, whether theoretical, practical, or both.

Blog Entries
    I'm patiently looking forward to it as well
    especially the seventh chapter dedicated to misconceptions.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Androgynus says:
    I just wanted to let you all know that I am working on what may possibly be my most significant open communication/contribution on the this subject, including its Qualities, its Origin, some of the the Laws & Principles involved, many common (IMO) misconceptions about it and the 'Genesis' Sequence involved with it.
    Androgynus, I very much look forward to anything that you will write about this topic.
    Please publish soon, even a rough draft that you are not satisfied would be priceless to me (and many others).

Might you consider including a passage on how to actually ´ćorporify´ the spiritus mundi and hold it indefinately in a container.

G Alchemist
    Last edited by ghetto alchemist; 03-04-2014 at 12:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread