Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Hermetic Foundations Of Alchemy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    If by this you mean evolving the 'Blank Page' (First Matter), then I would say yes, from within Becoming.

However, in the case of Being, between Zero Potential and Infinite Potential/Possibility, there is an ever ongoing 'negotiation' for Equilibrium.

This elusive and paradoxical Point of Being/Equilibrium doesn't require 'Adjustments'.

It is Law by & onto itself
    Thanks for the clarification
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have noticed that a relative majority of Alchemists (at least here) is mostly UN-interested in the 'Spiritus Mundi' topic, and is rather researching various particulars, metals/minerals/meteorites, chemical solvents & compounds, etc... (in which I personally have zero interest)

There is still some interest in the 'Purist SM' topic, and I just wanted to let you all know that I am working on what may possibly be my most significant open communication/contribution on the this subject, including its Qualities, its Origin, some of the the Laws & Principles involved, many common (IMO) misconceptions about it and the 'Genesis' Sequence involved with it. I don't know when it will be ready. In practice, I am still working and refining my approach and my research - I obviously haven't generated 'The Stone' (yet), so this will be a collection of insights and 'notes from the road', so to speak, for whatever and to whomever it's worth.

I know that there are opinions saying that people who haven't completed the Great Work shouldn't write about it.

On the other hand, there are opinions saying that those who have actually completed the Universal Work, are the ones most likely to NOT write about it.

So please take everything I write (past & future) with a grain of (Central) Salt, apply your individual discernment and derive your OWN conclusions and possible implementations.

I am currently putting a lot of effort into summarizing/concentrating a few years of direct experience, observations and some of my own personal guidance, received via various entities on various planes of existence. There will be of course no 'recipes', because every Alchemist I have ever met in my travels around the world is applying different methods/techniques, while still observing the very same principles. In other words, there are probably as many 'recipes' as there are Alchemists...

Perhaps the most significant point I wanted to make with this post is that Alchemy, even though it DOES involve 'lab' work in a sense, is also most definitely a spiritual path, given the internal level of inner/personal revelation and shift of perspective/vision that it requires to receive the necessary 'Keys' to put it into practice.

That's all (for now).

Cheers & till soon...
    hi androgynus,

thought you might like to see this and figured this would be the best place to put it in order for it to be seen.

'“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in vessels of silver”. (Prov. 25:11)
    Hear the explanation of what he said; the word maskiyoth, the Hebrew equivalent for “vessels” denotes “filigree network”, i.e., things in which there are very small apertures, such as are frequently wrought by silversmiths. They are called in Hebrew maskiyoth (lit. “transpicuous” from the verb sakah, “he saw” a root which occurs also in the Targum of Onkelos, Gen. 26:8) because the eye penetrates through them. Thus Solomon meant to say, “just as apples of gold in silver filigree with small apertures, so is a word fitly spoken.”
    See how beautifully the conditions of a good simile are described in this figure! It shows that in every word which has a double sense, a literal one and a figurative one, the plain meaning must be as valuable as silver, and the hidden meaning still more precious: so that the figurative meaning bears the same relation to the literal one as gold to silver. It is further necessary that the plain sense of the phrase shall give to those who consider it some notion of that which the figure represents. Just as a golden apple overlaid with a network of silver, when seen at a distance, or looked at superficially, is mistaken for a silver apple, but when a keen-sighted person looks at the object well, he will find what is within, and see that the apple is gold. –''Maimonides intro to the Guide of the perplexed

-by-

Blog Entries
    Where's chapter 2?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread