Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: The White Stone of Urine

Thanks to you all for your help.

Off to do some research I go.

Peace,
    -Rockfate1111

Ok today I tried to dry the crystals but that doesnt seem to be so easy.

As soon as the crystals warmed up to room temperature they became more liquid again.

I think the best idea would be to dry them out at room temperature.

Rueb

Quote Originally Posted by Rueb View Post
    Ok today I tried to dry the crystals but that doesnt seem to be so easy.

As soon as the crystals warmed up to room temperature they became more liquid again.

I think the best idea would be to dry them out at room temperature.

Rueb

I have experienced the same thing... the salts that make up these crystals are very keen at retaining moisture.

Let it dry in the open air and give it a stir everyday to help it dry thoroughly.

Have you ever tried a toaster oven at like 150 F.

I have not tried it but I hav heard it recommended for this process.

Peace,
    -Rockfate1111

TUNGSTEN Guest
    this link dont exist
    My second series of experiments with the Golden Water:

http://rapidshare.com/files/19115294...iments_-_2.pdf
    Could someone please tell where can find this pdf,
    or can someone upload it again?

How does one "dry" an oil? Do you leave it out and wait for it to powderise or is there another method?

Quote Originally Posted by Lykia View Post
    How does one "dry" an oil? Do you leave it out and wait for it to powderise or is there another method?
    It depends on what is meant by "oil". Real, bona fide, genuine plant or animal oils come in two basic classes: drying and non-drying. The drying ones are the ones that when left in contact with the air for some periods of time end up forming solid "films" (as they absorb oxygen from the air.) Linseed oil, specially when it has been boiled with metallic oxides, is the classic example of this type of oils. It is largely due to this property that linseed oil was used so much for making "lutes" for glass and clay vessels in past centuries. The oil was mixed with things like powdered raw clay (this was in fact Lavoisier's favorite luting mixture) into a moldable mass (sort of like PlayDough), which was then applied to the joints of vessels and allowed to dry for a few days. The mixture would become stiffer and "seal" the joints, and it also had the added advantage of being pretty chemically inert as well, so it would resist most vapors.

I was talking about the Iridescent Oil mentioned in the steps.Is there another more efficient method of making the White Stone mentioned here? I haven't read all replies yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykia View Post
    I was talking about the Iridescent Oil mentioned in the steps.Is there another more efficient method of making the White Stone mentioned here? I haven't read all replies yet.
    In that case it is not an actual "oil", in the true sense of the word, but a substance or mixture of substances bearing an oily/greasy consistency or appearance, like the so-called oil of tartar of the "puffers" and "chymists", for example. In alchemy, "oils" are "coagulated" into stable solid substances by means of prolonged warm "digestion", specially when mixed/combined with their proper "earth" or "sulphur". But you need to know how and out of what substances to compose such "oils" or "waters". The liquid substances known to ordinary chemistry will not perform such a feat. In fact, finding a substance that performs what the alchemists describe with their "water", or "oil", or "mercury" is so hard that Khalid ibn Yazid used it as a reference guide, a tell-tale sign, if you will, that he was on the right track. When he saw that his "water" was in fact solidifying during "digestion" he exclaimed in one his alchemical poems:

"When I saw the Water coagulating itself I became sure that the thing was right as has been described."

This is also the reason that all those who think that they can make the Stone with just about any substance they can lay their hands on, and by a whole bunch of totally different procedures, are simply deluding themselves and will never understand actual (i.e. empirical) alchemy even if they could live to be 1000 years old, and spent each one of them trying to make the Stone with such misguided ideas based on fanciful "universalist" speculations and theories about matter. The Stone can only be made by finding this very specific proper "water", "oil", "mercury" or secret solvent, because it itself forms an integral part of the very substance of the finished Stone. Without it, it simply cannot be prepared, no matter what you do. It would be as ridiculous and hopeless as trying to make an omelette without eggs!

+ Reply to Thread