Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: As Above So Below - The Movie

Blog Entries

As Above So Below - The Movie

Scarlett Marlowe, a young alchemy scholar, continues her dead father's work searching for the philosopher's stone... discovered by Nicholas Flamel. After finding the Rose Key in a cave in Iran, she travels to Paris... to search the Catacombs beneath Paris... they find a drawing of a door on the ceiling along with a Gnostic Star of David, symbolizing "As above, so below," meaning there is a door hidden in the floor. Going through the opening, they find a tunnel marked with the phrase "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" in Greek, identical to the entrance to Hell. - source
    WTF? Beware... this one will suck ass...

Last edited by Awani; 10-06-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

......fear is the first obstacle........of course they would use a horror movie......it will cause many to turn away in fear........

Actually, me and my GF seen this.
    We expected it to be a horror, and we were both pleasantly surprised about it's actual content.

We loved it, I especially did. I think some things coulda been a little better, but over all, it was pretty awesome.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

As Above So Below

As Above, So Below

Interesting horror movie with an alchemical theme. Takes place in the Paris catacombs, underneath Flamel's plaque. The team discovers the Philosophers Stone, but mysterious psychological events begin to happen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870612/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Look's Interesting.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Thread merged with older thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Look's Interesting.
    IMO looks like shit! LOL!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Thread merged with older thread.

IMO looks like shit! LOL!

I haven't watch it yet Dev...is it bad?

Going to give it a browes now...

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 03-15-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Thought it was OK, certainly different.

A few things made me laugh, like how the translation of some text rhymed perfectly in English, but then maybe they would if you wanted them to.

Weird.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 03-15-2015 at 11:14 AM.

There are some great actual shots of the catacombs under Paris, Templar treasure, the Philosopher's Stone, shots of Nicolas' Flamel's building and plaque, and lots of action. The only real drawback is the excessive use of a handheld camera, a little dizzying, although not quite as bad as was done in the Blair Witch Project.

Blog Entries
    Yeah those catacombs are awesome. I recommend everyone to see them if you visit Paris.

+ Reply to Thread