Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bible 2 - FUN-damentalism

Blog Entries

Post The Bible 2 - FUN-damentalism

This is a spin-off from THIS post.

When Ghislain and I were in the Amazon a few weeks ago doing our Ayahuasca ceremonies we had some interesting conversations, all of which were inspired by the teachings given to us by Mother Ayahuasca.

One thread we kept coming back to was writing a sequel to the Bible. The reason for this was, at least in my own view, because I had re-discovered the Bible and become swept up by its message.

Now people who know me know that I piss on Catholics, the Bible AND especially fundamentalist Christians... I can accept that the Bible is a metaphor/allegory, but other than that it is just mumbo-jumbo.

I've somewhat changed my mind, coming closer and closer to the fundamentalist Christians... although not exactly. And my new ideas doesn't fully fit the Bible, so perhaps a Bible 2 is necessary. Here are some examples (be aware these are still thoughts in progress):

Abortion
    Since I was born I have been pro-choice... no I am pro-life. Before I saw choice as the most important and that doing an abortion (of an unwanted child) was a 'god-given' right and certainly not murder.

Now I think it is murder. It is still a right, because murder is a free choice. I would not stop a woman that want to do an abortion, but I would still call it what it is. In my current opinion LIFE begins when the sperm impregnates the egg, and not one second later... in fact it might even be at the moment the thought of having a child is had, but let's not go too far.

The Seven Deadly Sins

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of vices (part of Christian ethics) that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. In the currently recognized version, the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. Each is a form of Idolatry-of-Self wherein the subjective reigns over the objective. - source
    It would probably be wise to try and avoid these... that they are 'sins' or that we'll go to hell if we don't avoid these sins are debatable.

Here is a more modern version by Gandhi:

And to make it easier (and to focus on the positive) don't avoid 7 sins... instead attract 7 virtues:

Hell (karma)
    There is a hell, and I think we will create it ourselves. Same with karma. The worse we behave the more we'll suffer at our own hands in the afterlife... when you are ashamed and you are looking in the mirror, well that is much worse than some pitchfork up your ass.

Wrath of God
    Ghislain can probably speak more about this. Here is a quote from him:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I asked what the purpose of the world was and I now know it is an experimental place where the energy beings are trying to create a world where they can exist as separate entities just as we are. In their world there are no vices and hence there should be none here in this world for the experiment to be a success. Unfortunately because the idea is to be separate entities with free will the thoughts of these individuals don't have the benefit of infinite second opinion, thus so far, the experiment has never been successful and the experiment is reset when it appears to drift too far from the desired goal. This has been done many times before and is due to happen again soon...think Sodom and Gammorra.

Homosexuality
    So far I've moved closer to the fundamentalist Christians I loath, yet I still think I have a distance to 'them'... i.e. the need for a Bible 2. But what about homosexuals... those fundamentalists say it is a choice. Most homosexuals I know (in fact all of them) say it is not a choice.

I think it is a choice. Everything is a choice. If the choice was pre-chosen for us, well that is another matter altogether...

Just because it is a choice doesn't make it wrong.

New Testament
    The message in this part of the Bible is pretty straight forward... love thy neighbor and all that. Word.

Anyway that is all for now!

PS: Don't be upset at my newfound FUN-damentalism!
    Last edited by Awani; 10-10-2014 at 03:30 AM. Reason: added the fun in fundamentalism

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    when you are ashamed and you are looking in the mirror
    But isn't shame a reaction which is instilled in people through reinforcement? Is not virtue, right and wrong, all merely instilled values in order to manipulate people into acting a way which is beneficial to those who instill them? Thus, are not they all based upon the greed of those who enforce such virtues, and may therefore be evil?

Blog Entries
    Not really... if you live by a creed and you break that creed you shame yourself... or if you do something that you know you should not do. Etc. It has got nothing to do with other people. At least not in this instance.

The enforcer is the self/the spirit... no one else. There is no one else.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    When Ghislain and I were in the Amazon a few weeks ago doing our Ayahuasca ceremonies we had some interesting conversations, all of which were inspired by the teachings given to us by Mother Ayahuasca.

One thread we kept coming back to was writing a sequel to the Bible. The reason for this was, at least in my own view, because I had re-discovered the Bible and become swept up by its message [. . .]

I've somewhat changed my mind, coming closer and closer to the fundamentalist Christians... although not exactly. And my new ideas doesn't fully fit the Bible, so perhaps a Bible 2 is necessary.
    It is a good idea, one I thought about before, but when the fundamentalist Christians think that the Bible is the Word of God, it's going to be hard to replace it. A new interpretation would probably be better. The New New Testament?

Hell (karma)
    There is a hell, and I think we will create it ourselves. Same with karma. The worse we behave the more we'll suffer at our own hands in the afterlife... when you are ashamed and you are looking in the mirror, well that is much worse than some pitchfork up your ass.
    This is something Christians don't understand too well, that we create our own misfortunes in this life and the next. They attribute all evil to "Satan" -- who would need to be appropriately defined (Christians love talking about The Devil. )-- and all good to the works of Christ. It appears they rarely take responsibility for themselves...
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    It is a good idea, one I thought about before, but when the fundamentalist Christians think that the Bible is the Word of God, it's going to be hard to replace it.
    It sounds strange (to me) saying this... and this is also the reason for this thread... the Bible IS the Word of God... the point I was trying to convey was that ALL those fundamentalists were right all along...

But they are not right in the way that THEY think they are right... but in the end... they are. Hmm... this is very hard for me to explain. I'm not sure I can fully convey my new outlook in this area... but it is very liberating. I guess it somewhat touches what Andro was on about before about holding the paradox.

All opposites are equally right, and in the end... if you look at them with the most liberated and unbiased eyes you will see that the opposites are actually the same thing. As above so below... LOL! Yeah that is how it can be explained...

Blog Entries
    Another example of how fundamentalist views are in fact correct... it is all about how we perceive them...

Love it!

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Leviticus 20:13 doesn't say anything about being 'stoned'.

Leviticus 20:13 King James Version (KJV)

13. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    SOURCE

It explicitly says they should be put to death, not 'stoned'. The Hebrew original says the same.
    The word 'stoned' isn't in there at all, certainly not in its English slang connotation.

Apparently, "Internet Funnies = The Word of God" nowadays...

Then again, the Internet is a modern day deity of sorts...

Hilarious indeed.

Androgynus most people were put to death by stoning in them days so I guess it was just using a bit of artistic licence

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    I see the bible as a mixture of heavily diluted/watered down (and much older) Hermetic knowledge combined with an aggressively promoted 'moral code' that was apparently somewhat useful for the times and demographics it was written for (written by people), especially to keep the population 'in good behavior' and under the control of the priesthood, etc...

But "word of god" ? Not by a long shot (IMSU), or at least no more 'word of god' that our own words. To various degrees, of course

It doesn't make it 'wrong'. There is no 'wrong'. There is only less/lower right and more/higher right .

Every perspective originates from the level/degree it is perceived from. Every level/degree has its own set of 'values' and its own concepts of 'what's what'.

Perspectives originating from 'lower' levels/degrees would be usually (subjectively) considered to be anything from 'wrong' to 'incomplete'.
    Perspectives originating from a 'higher' degree/level would most likely be completely incomprehensible from a 'lower degree' point of view.

It's all good.

As above so below, yes, same in essence but significantly differing in degree.

About the artistic license, it can be used to twist everything around to match the ideas being conveyed. Nothing 'wrong' with it, either. Everything is relative in Becoming.

Like the quote from the other thread says:

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are". – Anais Nin
    It's all mirrors...
    Last edited by Andro; 10-27-2014 at 05:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread