Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NEW Translation: Thirteen Secret Letters

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    The substance in question most likely is copperas extracted from marcasite
    If these letters are based on genuine alchemical knowledge, then these letters provide some very good clues as to the nature of the matter. I hope that others who have read these letters will join in a discussion of what this matter may actually be.

Remember, that without the right starting matter, all else is in vain, and you could spend the rest of your life getting nowhere (as so many have done). It's about time that a concerted effort is made to discover this so-called "Antimony" (no, it's definitely not common Antimony). These letters are a great place to start.

To continue this discussion, Sam, why do you think the authors meant "copperas extracted from marcasite"?

Illen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    why do you think the authors meant "copperas extracted from marcasite"?
    The first letter contains a description very similar to Glauber's marcasite process, hammering to small pieces, letting it absorb spirit from the air (spring time), etc...

It is almost the same M.O. (IMO)

Finally, the Center of Nature is the same everywhere, but the methods of rendering it often vary in complexity & efficiency.
    Last edited by Andro; 11-16-2014 at 06:48 PM.

To continue this discussion, Sam, why do you think the authors meant "copperas extracted from marcasite"?

Illen
    well, as a matter of fact, I am just one little link in a chain -the guy responsible for german-to-english translations- some of which make it into the bookworld*, but most dont.
    I have so far no permission to relay any of the findings of the "lab-rats" but will endevor to gain such. I have actually leaned myself out of the window quite far with letting slip that much, unauthorized.

I can say this: many different sources are needed to get a grasp of the entire process. E.g. the work of Kozyrevs, available on the web as 2_Shikhobalov.Kozyrevs_Ideas_today.pdf and
    3_A.Levich_Substantial_interpretation.pdf play a significant role, as well as German alchemists more contemporary, like this one (who afaik could have actually had the stone)
    http://www.amazon.de/Das-Geheimnis-A...rds=von+Bernus

-sam

ps: future plans to publish have been hampered quite a bit by the surfacing of bootlegged versions of the Naturweg - it seems these days anybody feels entitled to anything that is techically possible and "morals" in the broadest sense have been put aside. The admin at "alchemyprocesses.com" even encouraged such (but withdrew after my insistence) - they even keep a category "requests for scans". With such attitude months long work seems wasted on characters like such. Keep in mind that a quick and dirty translation often is enough to capture the spirit but the real work is the painstaking checking and re-checking plus layout and such.
    Last edited by sam; 11-17-2014 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sam,

I (also) personally think one cannot underestimate the importance of studying Orgone principles and the works of people such as Kozyrev (whom I mentioned more than once in the Spiritus Mundi thread) for a better understanding of our subject matter.

I am still put off by complex processes (common distillations/calcinations/etc, too many vessels, use of common fires/heat sources, etc...)

After the First Matter is rendered tangible in its two-fold expression ('Heaven' & 'Earth'), by whatever means and according to the Artist's disposition, The Work takes a turn where most complications are simply unnecessary. In some Alchemical texts, for example, the various fires (water bath, ashes, etc) actually refer to the state of the matter at different stages of the work.

I am not ruling out that the Letters you have translated may make use of the same revealing/concealing methods, as I have only started to look at the German original, to which you posted a link.
    (I'll still order the English translation, as many of the older German terms are beyond my level of comprehension )

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    I (also) personally think one cannot underestimate the importance of studying Orgone principles and the works of people such as Kozyrev (whom I mentioned more than once in the Spiritus Mundi thread) for a better understanding of our subject matter.
    I would have to agree fully - we have looked at Joe and even MoJoe cells for that reason as well as other energy collection devices. But an important issue seems to be "wenn zwei leute das gleich tun ist es noch lange nicht das selbe" which only german speakers understand - is there even a translation?
    I have right now indian alchemy on my desk - a similar approach but for me extremely hard to grasp due to language barriers. what little I get supports this theory, that the person doing the process is the major issue, not only the substance. Chinese sources point in similar directions. However, what extactly the "state of mind" or rather consciousness has to be eludes me still.

Blog Entries
    "wenn zwei leute das gleich tun ist es noch lange nicht das selbe"
    "When two people do the same thing, it is still far from being the same."

(approximate translation)

"When two people do the same thing, it is still far from being the same."

(approximate translation)

yes

The first letter contains a description very similar to Glauber's marcasite process, hammering to small pieces, letting it absorb spirit from the air (spring time), etc...

It is almost the same M.O. (IMO).
    Thanks, Androgynus. Do you have a source for Glauber's marcasite process that I can read?

Illen

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Androgynus. Do you have a source for Glauber's marcasite process that I can read?
    It's in R.A.M.S. (under Glauber, there is a lot of his stuff there, you'll have to search for it...)

It's also been brought up here on Alchemy Forums before, if you can locate the thread.

I can say this: many different sources are needed to get a grasp of the entire process. E.g. the work of Kozyrevs, available on the web as 2_Shikhobalov.Kozyrevs_Ideas_today.pdf and
    3_A.Levich_Substantial_interpretation.pdf play a significant role, as well as German alchemists more contemporary, like this one (who afaik could have actually had the stone)
    http://www.amazon.de/Das-Geheimnis-A...rds=von+Bernus
    Thanks, I'll look for these sources.

ps: future plans to publish have been hampered quite a bit by the surfacing of bootlegged versions of the Naturweg - it seems these days anybody feels entitled to anything that is techically possible and "morals" in the broadest sense have been put aside. The admin at "alchemyprocesses.com" even encouraged such (but withdrew after my insistence) - they even keep a category "requests for scans". With such attitude months long work seems wasted on characters like such. Keep in mind that a quick and dirty translation often is enough to capture the spirit but the real work is the painstaking checking and re-checking plus layout and such.
    I'm well aware of this. I'm also involved in transcriptions/translations. Next year, a friend, with my help, will be publishing an English translation of the important "Les Recreations Hermetiques & Scholies" that Fulcanelli often referenced, along with some other important transcriptions. It involves a huge amount of effort, and it isn't right that people can just make free copies of it after it's published. The inexpensive cost of a book will not break anyone's budget and goes to support additional work of this kind. I have purchased both of your translations and feel it was a good investment, both for my own knowledge, as to support your further efforts.

+ Reply to Thread