Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Transmutation

Blog Entries
    I have two ATM cards, and I gave one to a family member. I was abroad and used mine, and then my family member used hers... the bank called me, asking how I could be in two countries at the same time. I told them the truth, and they went really mad... you cannot give your card to someone else. I told them I give my card to whomever I fucking want.

Anyway point of the story is THEY ARE WATCHING, don't think they are not.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, because I do not remember examples.
    Which other products did the historical alchemists sell? (i.e, excluding gold, silver... and books; and excluding the XX and XXI century, because new age waves made people sell the weirdest things in the name of alchemy -i.e, the most famous "alchemist" of my country, a person who probably nobody here knows because he has almost no activity on the internet sells mostly candles and "alchemical incense" -don't even ask me what such thing means,).

I can think of medicines, specially Paracelsus.... but maybe someone knows an interesting curiosity (i.e, a solvent that a specific industry needed, etc).
    Yes, some would offer such things as special solvents, or poisons, for particular purposes. A couple of famous incidents involving alchemy which accidentally resulted in something totally different than the Stone which ended up "for sale" were the discovery of phosphorus and how porcelain was made (the Chinese already knew how to make porcelain since long ago, but Europeans did not discover it until the early 18th century.)

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yes, some would offer such things as special solvents, or poisons, for particular purposes. A couple of famous incidents involving alchemy which accidentally resulted in something totally different than the Stone which ended up "for sale" were the discovery of phosphorus and how porcelain was made (the Chinese already knew how to make porcelain since long ago, but Europeans did not discover it until the early 18th century.)
    Oh, yes, of course!
    You made me remember a FANTASTIC exhibition I saw in Berlin: http://www.smb.museum/en/exhibitions...sse-kunst.html (This description is quite bad, because it suggests that it was an "alchemy meets modern art" exhibitions, when the case was that they had some 7 to 10 works by modern artists inspired by the alchemical tradition and the rest of the exhibition was focused on classical alcheemy -European, Indian, Arabic and Chinese)

I was surprised by the fact that it was historically accurate (and they had marvelous first editions of very early editions of the most famous alchemical books, which was quite surprising to see face to face, specially because of the sizes -just like most persons who go to the louvre get surprised by the tiny size of the Mona Lisa, same thing happens with the classical books... some books that I had assumed would be somehow big were printed in very tiny sizes, whilst others which I thought would be small, were sometimes HUGE -The biggest surprise was to see one of the versions of the Ripley Scroll, which was more or less 5 or 6 meters long).

ANYWAY.... at that exhibition they had a fantastic section of historical side products of Alchemy that was very interesting to see. A lot of them had a decorative nature, like some examples of the glass works of Johann Kunckel:

(Not exactly these ones at the exhibition, but very similar ones).
    So it was very interesting to see what ELSE were the alchemists doing (and selling).
    Other examples at the exhibition were different artificial stones with very attractive colours (not "transmutation stones", but decorative ones and used for jewelry).

It was also interesting to see on display some historical equipments used by Chinese alchemists (the only STRANGE thing about the exhibition was the poor collection of European equipments, which are not so hard to see elsewhere). They were interesting in the sense that unlike most of the European equipments that simply had a "practical" function, the Chinese ones were also (of course) practical, but heavily decorated and symbolic.

I.e, like this furnace:

... which is, of course, practical, but it also resembles a face and has feet (I do not know enough about China as to get what kind of creature or monster or God it is representing... but it was interesting to see the difference between a more "strictly practical" approach and a "practical and mythical" approach in the equipments).

Anyway, that's an interesting side of alchemy too: the products that didn't "transmute" but became worthy because of other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    some books that I had assumed would be somehow big were printed in very tiny sizes, whilst others which I thought would be small, were sometimes HUGE -The biggest surprise was to see one of the versions of the Ripley Scroll, which was more or less 5 or 6 meters long).
    I am glad to hear that your sight is getting better.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    And yet you seem very willing to believe in totally uncorroborated stuff that is a billion times more implausible, like the universe "is talking" to us, or metaphysical "gold", and similar kooky stuff. Yes, each to his own, indeed!
    I'm living the results of my endeavours, as are you

Ghislain

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    I am glad to hear that your sight is getting better.
    Thank you, but not yet! (actually they are getting worse).
    I am talking about an exhibition I visited in July 2017!!!
    With some luck the not very alchemical doctor will find out this week what the hell is going on with my eyes... because I don't even have a diagnostic yet.

IF I had a diagnostic, I would have probably asked for suggestions here... but since I don't even know what I have, then I can't ask (except a very general and pointless question such as "What can heal my eyes? I do not know if it's a bacterial infection, a viral infection, a problem of the eyes unrelated to infections, an allergy or something else").

I need a Paracelsus with a truly UNIVERSAL panacea or a diagnostic!
    <--- Me wearing sunglasses as to prevent the pain that the lights bring me.

Still Searching.............

+ Reply to Thread