Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmutation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Have you ever wondered how the mechanics of transmutation work? If we are transmuting Lead into Gold then we are talking about fission but if we are transmutimng Silver into Gold then this is fusion. Can the Stone work in both ways?
    Interesting question TI.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

My honest opinion is that the stone can't transmute both ways. It is either fission stone or fusion stone.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

My honest opinion is that the stone can't transmute both ways. It is either fission stone or fusion stone.
    If the stone can turn all base metals into gold...then it may not be directly adding/subtracting protons/neutrons.

Let's pretend that all matter has an ethereal component which the Alchemists would call "spiritual".
    This spiritual body exists in the same space as the material body which it occupies.
    What if the spiritual body determines the blueprint of the material body?
    The physical body just being a condensed material representation of the ethereal/spiritual body.

It could explain how/why a substance like the Stone could create gold from numerous metals.
    You mix gold with Mercurius to obtain the 'blueprint' of gold. Then cook it and make stronger.
    The spiritual blueprint of gold is fixed into the matter. Then the matter is used to imprint onto other metals.

Doesn't sound very scientific, but I really don't know how a tiny amount of an exotic substance could transmute numerous elements, specifically to gold, by adding or subtracting nucleons.

It doesn't make sense why the stone should transmute numerous elements into Gold. Most of the recipes talk about mercury into gold or lead into gold. The other big problem is that of mass. The Stone is supposed to weigh much more than Gold which means that the starting matter must have been beyond gold and lead on the periodic table probably somewhere around or after uranium.
    http://scienceblogs.com/startswithab...aviest-natura/

The other interesting detail is multiplication in projection by the power of 10 by repetition. If fission is the cause of transmutation then multiplication process is what we today call nuclear enrichment.

Our Sulfur?
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-04-2018 at 03:16 AM.

But does it make sense that the stone would transmute via conventional fission/fusion?
    How can a few grains of stone transmute many grams (kilos?) of gold through direct nuclear process?
    Wouldn't there need to be more mass present to provide the required nuclear particles?

Of course, this is all assuming the alchemical transmutation stories from history are true. Who knows.

The quantity depends on it's enrichment. More radioactive it is the more will it transmute. The first stone doesn't transmute at all, it was called the false prophet.

Another interesting clue. After the stone is sufficiently enriched or multiplied it exhibits certain pyrophoric characteristics. Glows in the dark like burning ember or firestone.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrophoricity
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-04-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Are you sure?

Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    It might not occur to you, since you are deep into your own viewpoint... but just because you are a certain type of human being doesn't mean everyone else is... and thank god for that.

This only shows to me that you don't have that much money... From my experience money is never part of what makes anyone happy, and I know you do not agree to this, and you will probably say something along the lines of "tell that to the starving in Somalia". Sad to say your tunnel vision of the world, of happiness and of life in general might serve you good and make you happy. Live your life anyway you wish, but imagine - for fun - that there are other ways to look at reality... I do hope one day a trillion dollars land in your lap. I am sure they will comfort you on your death bed.

However I don't take your statements seriously, since you are a trickster of sorts... otherwise why would you have a 100 % baloney face?

I am neither rich nor poor, I am just an average person, so I know very well how the average person thinks and feels, and I tell you that nobody in his right mind would quit transmuting metals into silver & gold if they had the Stone in their possession. Life constantly demands money, whether you like it or not, it is a fact. So, the Stone would come very handy in helping improve the quality of life for anyone fortunate enough to possess it. That's the real reason all seekers wanted it in the first place, they certainly did not spend so much time and money investigating how to make it just so that they could sit around doing nothing with it once they had found it.

PS: my "face" in the forums is a detector of baloney, not the baloney itself, but yours is a thing that is well known to grow out of rotting matter.

Have you ever wondered how the mechanics of transmutation work? If we are transmuting Lead into Gold then we are talking about fission but if we are transmutimng Silver into Gold then this is fusion. Can the Stone work in both ways?

Alchemists of old usually made use of fission which means that the Stone must have been radioactive in some form.
    You are of course assuming that the methods of the physicists are the only ones that can give results. Wrongo! I have made small amounts of silver and gold through "chymical" processes and I don't see where any of these humongous amounts of energy that the methods of the physicists require are supposedly absolutely necessary to accomplish transmutation. By entertaining the notions and theories of physics as the only possibility, you are in fact falling for the same mistake that the chemists have fallen, who think that "chemical reactions" cannot accomplish what the methods of physics can, and therefore conclude that transmutation, short of having recourse to "atom-smashers", is "impossible".

Regarding how the alchemists themselves envisioned transmutation as happening, there were two basic types:

1- The ones who saw it as the effect of the Stone on the "sulphurs" & "mercuries" of the base metals, altering them and becoming "purified" like those of silver & gold

2- The ones who held "corpuscular" notions and held that the red Stone must force the "parts" (i.e. the particles) of other metals to "contract" (i.e. to come closer together) and acquire the density of gold (besides its color and other characteristics), and the white Stone also forcing less dense metals, like tin, to contract and acquire the density (and other properties) of silver, while at the same time it forced the "parts" of more dense metals, like lead or mercury, to expand until they acquired the density (and other properties) of silver

+ Reply to Thread