Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View Poll Results: Does practical Alchemy include the Mystical Experience?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Practical Alchemy does include the Mystical Experience.

17 85.00%
  • Practical Alchemy does not include the Mystical Experience.

3 15.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy and the Mystical Experience

Blog Entries
    III,
    You have made some things much clearer for me. Thank you
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Personally find (at present level of experience) that the Mystical Experience is tied up with activity of the pineal - see the double peacock symbol around the massive pinecone at the entrance to the Vatican (terrestrial symbol of a Holy Place).
    The two peacock tails open to form a circle (could be the Cauda Pavonis) and the so-created stargate allows travel without movement. The art of Alex Grey shows a shared vision of reality unveiled (perhaps to the limits of current incarnated consciousness)

Like a radio changing channels - it seems you can only "channel" that which within your ability to encompass/allow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvJu...layer_embedded

So in terms of "cheating" whether a natural biological inclination to heightened pineal activity, sitting in darkness for 300+ hours, yoga disciplines, the jewel in the lotus / Dr Shroom / Master under the sprig of Acacia, or the seeds of potent symbols which grow in the sub/super conscious to birth a Mystical experience - all seem to be trunk, tail or leg of the same Elephant..

The shattering of the vessel / opening of the auric egg / emerging of the butterfly from the cocoon seems to be the final stage - the work being set into ferment (introduction of Life from outside the vessel) by these Mystical Experiences / contact with the Divine (IAM merging into ONE).

- He said with little experience and zero authority on the matter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsblood View Post
    - He said with little experience and zero authority on the matter
    You're too modest

I very much like your perspective, that mystical experiences are a catalyst to further development. Looking back on a few of mine now with my memory, they seem ordinary. But reading through my journal of the same memory gives quite a different quality. Much more excited and elated.

Maybe this means I've internalized them and made them part of my everyday reality...

For the sake of conversation, how does one go about fixing the mystical into their everyday reality?

------------------

And just to reiterate:
    Not only am I curious what others think about the mystical experience as a goal in alchemy, I'm also curious in any opinions, ideas and/or comments on the subject of mystical experiences in any way, shape or form.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 03-05-2016 at 04:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    And in reviewing the thread:

Spiritual" implies something that could be religious, holy, profound, unexpected, or extraordinary. But why would we seek something that is totally different from our "ordinary" daily lives? Are we bored with our "normal" routines? Or are our "normal" routines really not what we should be pursuing?
    I'll leave the interpretation of this post, based on the last, open for interpretation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    how would you define a 'mystical experience'?

The question still stands!

aka bumpsky

Blog Entries
    It dissolves all boundraries and is impossible to put into language.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

If an alchemical experience doesn't include a mystical experience, then it's worth nothing.

In my opinion, the alchemical experience doesn't even need to be "advanced", it can be something incredibly basic and simple like extracting Potassium Carbonate from a plant... and seeing how this beautiful salt was "hidden" there... and feeling a "mirror" sensation that goes from the plant to your own body and from your own body to the universe as a whole... and from the universe as a whole to "that" which has no name.

An image that changed a lot of my views and its description:

The image is taken from Austin Spare's "Earth Inferno". The book is not about Alchemy... and yet it perfectly describes how I feel about this whole issue.

"Your reward is neither here nor after" is a phrase I adore.

Those who seek "the gain of the world" will end up being very disappointed, even if they manage to turn the whole world into Gold (though I don't see the need of living in a golden planet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uu6Gq9zwh8

Blind belief ain't enough.
    Alchemy is anoetic Gnosis.

I'm incredibly far from being a Fulcanelli or a Flamel (though I think that Flamel was very far from being a Flamel, but that's another issue)... but I've learnt that Alchemy is clearly NOT what happens inside the "flask"... it's something else (and I'm not a Jungian).

Defining alchemy as what happens inside the flask is very much like defining painting as a manipulation of pigments and brushes to create nice decorations. Is that what art is about? I don't think so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    ...it can be something incredibly basic and simple like extracting Potassium Carbonate from a plant...
    I agree to some degree, but mostly I don't agree. I think your example might be what sets somebody on the path towards a mystical experience, or perhaps glimpse it. But the true mystical experience, IMO, changes your life in one single moment that can last for less than a second (or hours) and it is without question.

Watching Point Break and seeing people jump out of an airplane is not the same as jumping out of an airplane yourself.

Now very important: I am not dismissing anyone's mystical experience if they feel they have one in a way you describe above, but for ME it is not enough. It won't achieve the complete immersion into what some call the divine, which to me is the ultime mystical experience and the only one worth having.

This is my experience. And works for me. Not pissing on other peoples mystical experiences as I am sure they are valid to them.

It has to dissolve borders of the ego and the body. It has to be impossible to put into language. It has to be the culmination of your life up until that point. A simple alchemical process simply won't cut it on its own, but it can provide the path towards it. In my humble opinion that is 100% truth for me and cannot be questioned by anyone on pain of death. LOL!

Last edited by Awani; 03-22-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I agree to some degree, but mostly I don't agree. I think your example might be what sets somebody on the path towards a mystical experience, or perhaps glimpse it. But the true mystical experience, IMO, changes your life in one single moment that can last for less than a second (or hours) and it is without question.
    (...)

It has to dissolve borders of the ego and the body. It has to be impossible to put into language. It has to be the culmination of your life up until that point. A simple alchemical process simply won't cut it on its own, but it can provide the path towards it. In my humble opinion that is 100% truth for me and cannot be questioned by anyone on pain of death. LOL!
    I get which one is the problem here...
    My mystical path definitely didn't begin with alchemy, but with other issues... and by the time I "arrived" to Lab alchemy, I was already "there".

So my own experience was and is *biased* by previous experiences.

I think you are right, if you take a random person from the street and you make him go through a very basic alchemical experiment (I insist on the extraction of a simple salt, because I am willingly trying not to make this idea become an issue of "High Alchemy" vs. "Very simple things")... then probably the reaction would be: "O.K., that's nice. Cool." and not much more.

So I was probably talking about my own experience that includes a life-story that precedes my experiences with alchemy... and I forgot about this "previous personal history" and made an universal statement, which is probably not accurate if I make it "universal".

Re: the dissolution of the Ego... this is a very personal opinion, but I think a lot of persons fall into a HUGE problem with this issue by misunderstanding its actual meaning. I've had big discussions with some members of this forum about this specific issue in the past and I won't get into them again... But it is my opinion that if someone begins to feel that he's somehow like an omniscient passive ghost that no longer interacts with the world and is a pure contemplative and inactive nothingness... then this person has taken a wrong turn somewhere in the path.

Blog Entries
    So I was probably talking about my own experience...
    That is all you can do!

...omniscient passive ghost that no longer interacts with the world and is a pure contemplative and inactive nothingness... then this person has taken a wrong turn somewhere in the path.
    In a way yes I agree with this. I said before that if someone assume they will not be reincarnated they are, IMO, doomed to be reincarnated. If you believe in reincarnation or not is beside the point... you can read that as an allegory as well.

So this is not what I mean by dissolving the ego. Sure it can cause detachment... but what is the greater outcome is the opposite: embracement... of all things... "good" and "bad"... it is not passive, nor is it apathetical... it is just accepting that some things are as they need to be. And the perspective one has of things is the way those things will effect us.

+ Reply to Thread