Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Crowdfunding Translations

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I have been half following this discussion and have to admit it has gone a little over my head.

What are the benefits of crowd funding as opposed to sponsorship apart from spreading the burden of cost?

What happens if a crowd funds something that never comes to fruition, how are those funded held to uphold their offer?
    you questions will be addressed in the faq page of the CF site once it is published.
    Please be patient, it will take a bit longer as expected.

-sam

Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    Thanks Sam for putting the time into building a site. It is very much appreciated.
    Thanx a bunch. much appreciated.

Unfortunately a severe bug came up yesterday that questions the functionality of the ACF site. I hope that the support people can and will handle it although support there is slow and often not very effective.
    I guess it will just take a little longer.
    In the meantime if anyone feels like doing a bit of spell-checking on that site for me, that would be great. pm me if you are so inclined.

-sam
    Last edited by sam; 03-11-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    In the eantike if anyone feels like doing a bit of spell-checking on that site for me, that would be great. pm me if you are so inclined.
    Sam, I have looked but can't find the link to the site...could you send me the link please.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Sam, I have looked but can't find the link to the site...could you send me the link please.

Ghislain
    thats because it has not been published. It is not fully functional, as mentioned we are struggeling with one severe and a few smaller (design related) bugs.
    If you want to help with spell-checking that would be great, I will pm you the URL but please do not publish it (yet).

-sam

Sam I would love to help spell check, but wouldn't it be easier to run it through a spell checker?

I would like to see what you have done with the site though, if that would be ok

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Sam I would love to help spell check, but wouldn't it be easier to run it through a spell checker?

I would like to see what you have done with the site though, if that would be ok

Ghislain
    It has been run thru a spell checker but there are errors this simple device built into wordpress does not catch.

anyway, this has now to wait as i was just made aware that for crowdfunding different rules at paypal apply than for any other business. This will delay the going public futher I am afraid as I have to clear our operation with paypal first and they may not OK it in which case I have no plan B (yet).

If you like legaleze have a look for yourself:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps.../crowdfunding/

and its getting worse, although we likely will never have to deal with funds this big here

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/cr...pal/1100-4743/

it would be funny if it wasnt so sad:

http://consumerist.com/2012/01/03/pa...rn-for-refund/

I am now investigating stripe for fund processing. looks pretty good so far. another delay though.
    Last edited by sam; 03-11-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Ghislain
    well, no can do, once the genie is out you cant put it back
    but it really is just an empty framework, the projects (translations) will give it flesh. right now it looks like an ebay page with no product ))

To keep you guys updated, one biggie was solved today - but one other remains. In the meantime issues with paypal are also getting resolved so the time is not altogether wasted.
    ETA : another 2 weeks ....

anyone wanting to submit a project can start collecting data for it. 2 weeks is not that much time....

Good news: Got " conditional approal" by Paypal today. That means we could start using the CF system, and as long as no f*ckups happen or they find out I'm in reality a mafia godfather laudering cash its OK. <kidding>

So now one bug in the system remains to be fixed, plus a few additions need to be made to the pages explaining the stuff and then we are good to go ...

Blog Entries
    Great!

Now we need text suggestions for translation, in which more than a small number of people may be interested.

If anyone has such suggestions, please post them in the appropriate section of this sub-forum.

When the CF site/platform will be publicized, I assume it will contain the suggested 'Ground Rules'/'Terms of Engagement'/etc...

I really hope it works out!

+ Reply to Thread