Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Reality of Illusion

Does past, present and future all exist right here now, simultaneously occurring but in different layers of space?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Don't let the delusion that reality is supposedly a delusion confuse you regarding the reality of reality. If not, then put your beliefs to the test by jumping off of the top of a tall building, as suggested above. My "prediction" based on that reality: 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure you will die.
    Your reply is like reading a reply to a comment about horses, but your reply has to do with ice cream.

I'm sorry, but you clearly do not understand the phrase and I shall not explain it any further. Let's call it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    Does past, present and future all exist right here now, simultaneously occurring but in different layers of space?
    There is only the now... although the future has already happened.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Your reply is like reading a reply to a comment about horses, but your reply has to do with ice cream.

I'm sorry, but you clearly do not understand the phrase and I shall not explain it any further. Let's call it a secret.
    I beg to differ. The reply gets straight to the point, it does not beat around the bush. And we all know that the reason why all proponents of this absurd claim refuse to put their money where their mouths are is precisely because they know that reality is very real, and if they ever did such a crazy thing as jumping off of a building or cliff the outcome would be very predictable, which would not be the case if "reality is a delusion".

Blog Entries
    You are missing the point I made, and as I said I am not explaining it any further.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    "People cannot be talked out of illusions." - Alan Watts

One could even say; you cannot talk yourself out of an illusion.

Direct experience is the only way. That is the Game. Who in their right mind turn on a Playstation, pop in a game and sit back and watch the start screen... and never picking up the controller? No one.

Yet in life, many do.

Blog Entries
    If everything is an eternal dream, everything is part of the dream... and even if the dreamer and the dream is the same... then we can still have a Big Bang. Because the Big Bang is part of the dream.

We can wake up from a dream within the dream, but we can never wake up from The Dream. We (not we as in Awani or you... but we as in anything that ever was)... we ARE the dream.

Waking up would mean the end of everything. Suicide. Stay asleep!

But wake up from "this" dream... in other words keep dreaming, but make it a lucid dream.

That's my outlook currently...

Last edited by Awani; 1 Week Ago at 10:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread