Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Reality of Illusion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    What do you think about that as a possibility ?
    While it is an entertaining thought the problem with it is that I feel that DMT is "liberation" from "sheep mentality". So doesn't really make sense.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    While it is an entertaining thought the problem with it is that I feel that DMT is "liberation" from "sheep mentality". So doesn't really make sense.

Many people think that Substances are an escape from Reality.

A line of thought is that The Philosophers Stone removes these Toxins
    from our body so that we can see and think clearly what the True state of
    Reality actually is.

This is all supposition on my part .... just lines of thought to ponder.

Blog Entries
    Since DMT is the Stone, and since it reveals the "true state of reality" I must agree.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Since DMT is the Stone, and since it reveals the "true state of reality" I must agree.

LOL. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion .... just offering another perspective.

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

DMT may be the flavor of the month now but perhaps in years to come it may
    be something else.

Blog Entries
    DMT may be the flavor of the month...
    It has been the flavor of consciousness and biological matter for millions of years. I doubt we will discover another miracle, unless those secret indigenous tribes in the deep Amazon know something we don't... and based on what I know, they probably do.

It has been the flavor of consciousness and biological matter for millions of years. I doubt we will discover another miracle, unless those secret indigenous tribes in the deep Amazon know something we don't... and based on what I know, they probably do.

Perhaps so.

Reading over the many threads of the Forums where members make great discoveries
    of Elixirs, Vegetable Stones and THE Philosophers Stone ... it's so interesting to watch the threads go quiet (over months and years) as those excited members come to the realization that their Great Work was not a Divine Gift ..... just another concoction of their own inflated ego.

Our evolution can be slow and humbling.

And yes I am including myself in this category.

Well, DMT is shown to physically improve health and reduce the oxidative stress level of cells, and even improve their chance of survival in hypoxic conditions. It peels back the veil and shows you the reality behind our limited filtered reality, has been used across the world via various sacred plants (though recently the indigenous of the Amazon get most of the credit because their culture has some uninterrupted lines we can observe, while many others are broken/forgotten/not directly observable) so there is a consistent secret/occult lineage of the Substance, and little by little, the science is catching up to understanding its range of benefits.

Here is a link to an article that explains some of its physical role in protecting the body at the cellular level.
    If one wanted to argue that by keeping us alive, it's keeping us "in an illusion", then I'd argue that JDP is right in telling us to go jump off a cliff; death then is the only freedom from the illusion.
    If life is the illusion, death is the answer. Eventually we all get born into the Truth.

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

It is finished, and Iím retired.

Thanks for the link Seth ... interesting article.

DMT may have it's good points and conversely it may also have not so good points.

I can only suggest to the readers of this thread that DMT is not Alchemy and
    most definitely not The Philosophers Stone ..... IMHO.

If anyone finds solace with it's use .... it may be what they need at this time along
    their path.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    Eventually we all get born into the Truth.
    ~Seth-Ra
    I would like to think so.

DMT may have it's good points and conversely it may also have not so good points.
    I have yet to come across any "not so good points" that were anything more than speculative conjecture. Nothing negative in applicable practice. (About DMT itself, not in combination with other things, or the dangers of MAOIs etc - all are "different beasts".)
    To my knowledge, DMT is about like marijuana: no one has died from it, and it's impossible to eat or smoke enough to kill you.

That is a rather bold opinion to hold, since in other threads it has been demonstrated to be highly alchemical, traditional, and even the point/goal of internal practices. You're entitled to that opinion though, and I appreciate that you make it clear that it is an opinion and not a fact.
    As one who has experience with it though, I am of a different opinion, and I have a plethora of research and history to back my reasoning, rather than speculative theory.

If anyone finds solace with it's use .... it may be what they need at this time along their path.
    As is true with all things. All serves the All/One, knowingly or not.
    _______

Reading back through this thread, this post stuck out to me:

I have been on a certain philosophical path for many years, and in the last ten years this path has become more and more focused. I feel like I am, for me at least, getting to the very core of the matter. As always uncertain if it makes any sense whatsoever to anyone else... however recently the rabbit hole just got a bit deeper for me. So here goes...

Water does not ask itself: am I wet? Water is only wet if experienced by someone/something that is dry.

So with that, how can anyone know if someone/something is real (wet), unless they are unreal (dry) themselves?

That is a funny question, and I think I have a funny answer: because time is relative to the level of one's perception/state, we (and everything) is constantly in a paradoxical state of being and not being. That is, we are always "being born", and "dying", have "yet to be born", and also "already died long ago."
    "To be, and not to be" is both the question and answer.

This also ties into the Cosmic Joke.

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

It is finished, and Iím retired.

Hi Seth

Originally Posted by black

Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    That is a rather bold opinion to hold, since in other threads it has been demonstrated to be highly alchemical, traditional, and even the point/goal of internal practices. You're entitled to that opinion though, and I appreciate that you make it clear that it is an opinion and not a fact.
    As one who has experience with it though, I am of a different opinion, and I have a plethora of research and history to back my reasoning, rather than speculative theory.
    ~Seth-Ra
    If you think that DMT is THE Philosophers Stone .....

Have you tried the Alchemical Test of Transmutation to see if DMT will
    turn lead (Pb) into gold (Au) ?

I'm always open to new ideas or old ideas and Proofs.

If this can be substantiated it will change my complete outlook of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread