Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemy in Magical Grimoires

Alchemy in Magical Grimoires

We all know the classic alchemical texts of Fulcanelli, Flamel and Pontanus but there is yet another untapped source of alchemical knowledge which was taught in magical grimoires.

Currently i am reading through Eliphas Levis book The Key of the Mysteries and i just cann't believe what this magician has written about Alchemy.

Let me give you few examples:

The secret fire of the masters of alchemy was, then, electricity; and there is the better half of their grand arcanum; but they knew how to equilibrate its force by a magnetic influence which they concentrated in their athanor. This is what results from the obscure dogmas of Basil Valentine, of Bernard Trevisan, and of Henry Khunrath, who, all of them, pretended to have worked the transmutation, like Raymond Lully, like Arnaud de Villeneuve, and like NIcholas Flamel.

The universal light, when it magnetizes the worlds, is called astral light; when it forms the metals, one calls it azoth, or philosophical mercury; when it gives life to animals, it should be called animal magnetism.

Did he just revealed what the secret fire of alchemist is?
    Formerly known as True Puffer

There are other such gems in this text.

Men rarely seek the truth from its own sake; they have always a secret motive in their efforts, some passion to satisfy, or some greed to assuage. Among the secrets of the Qabalah there is one above all which has always tormented seekers; it is the secret of the transmutation of metals, and of the conversion of all earthly substances into gold.

Alchemy borrowed all these signs from the Qabalah, and it is upon the law of analogies resulting from the harmony of contraries that it based its operations. An immense physical secret was, moreover, hidden under the qabalistic parables of the ancients. This secret we have arrived at deciphering, and we shall submit its letter to the investigations of the gold- makers. Here it is:

1○. The four imponderable fluids are nothing but the diverse manifestations of one same universal agent, which is light.

2○. Light is the fire which serves for the Great Work under the form of electricity.

3○. The human will directs the vital light by means of the nervous system. In our days this is called Magnetism.

4○. The secret agent of the Great Work, the Azoth of the sages, the living and life-giving gold of the philosophers, the universal metallic productive agent, is MAGNETIZED ELECTRICITY.

The alliance of these two words still does not tell us much, and yet, perhaps, they contain a force sufficient to overturn the world. We say “perhaps” on philosophical grounds, for, personally, we have no doubt whatever of the high importance of this great hermetic arcanum.

and it keeps going on:

If electricity can move a light, or even a heavy body, without one touching it, is it impossible to give by magnetism a direction to electricity, and to produce, thus naturally, signs and writings? One can do it, doubtless; because one does it. {197}

Thus, then, to those who ask us, “What is the most important agent of miracles?” we shall reply—

“It is the first matter of the Great Work.

“It is MAGNETIZED ELECTRICITY.”

Everything has been created by light.

It is in light that form is preserved.

It is by light that form reproduces itself.

The vibrations of light are the principle of universal movement.

By light, the suns are attached to each other, and they interlace their rays like chains of electricity.

Men and things are magnetized by light like the suns, and, by means of electro-magnetic chains whose tension is caused by sympathies and affinities, are able to communicate with each other from one end of the world to the other, to caress or strike, wound or heal, in a manner doubtless natural, but invisible, and of the nature of prodigy.

A qabalistic sage may, then, still astonish the crowd and even bewilder the educated:

1○—By divining hidden things; 2○—by prediction many things to come; 3○—by dominating the will of others so as to prevent them doing what they will, and forcing them to do what they do not will; 4○—by exciting apparitions and dreams; 5○—by curing a large number of illnesses; 6○—by restoring life to subjects who display all the symptoms of death; 7○—lastly, by demonstrating (if need be, by examples) the reality of the philosophical stone, and the transmutation of metals, according to the secrets of Abraham the Jew, of Flamel, and of Raymond Lully.

All these prodigies are accomplished by means of a single agent which the Hebrew calls OD, as did the Chevalier de Reichenback, which we, with the School of Pasqualis Martinez, call astral light, which Mr. de Mirville calls the devil, and which the ancient alchemists called Azoth. It is the vital element which manifests itself by the phenomena of heat, light, electricity and magnetism, which magnetizes all terrestrial globes, and all living beings.

In this agent even are manifested the proofs of the qabalistic doctrine with regard to equilibrium and motion, by double polarity; when one pole attracts the other repels, one produces heat, the other cold, one gives a blue or greenish light, the other a yellow or reddish light.

This agent, by its different methods of magnetization, attracts us to each other, or estranges us from each other, subordinates one to the wishes of the other by causing him to enter his centre of attraction, re-establishes or disturbs the equilibrium in animal economy by its transmutations and its alternate currents, receives and transmits the imprints of the force of imagination which is in men the image and the semblance of the creative word, and thus produces presentiments and determines dreams. The science of miracles is then the knowledge of this marvellous force, and the art of doing miracles is simply the art of magnetizing or illuminating beings, according to the invariable laws of magnetism or astral light.

We prefer the word “light” to the word “magnetism,” because it is more traditional in occultism, and expresses in a more complete and perfect manner the nature of the secret agent. There is, in truth, the liquid and drinkable gold of the masters in alchemy; the word “OR” (the French word for “gold”) comes from the Hebrew “AOUR” which signifies “light.” “What do you wish?” they asked the candidate in every initiation: “To see the light,” should be their answer. The name of illuminati which one ordinarily gives to adepts, has then been generally very badly interpreted by giving to it a mystical sense, as if it signified men whose intelligence believes itself to be lighted by a miraculous day. ‘Illuminati’ means simply, knowers and possessors of the light, either by the knowledge of the great magical agent, or by the rational and ontological notion of the absolute.

His explanation of the 3 alchemical principles:

It is this original substance to which the hieratic recital of Genesis refers when the word of Elohim creates light by commanding it to exist.

The Elohim said, “Let there be light!” and there was light.

This light, whose Hebrew name is אור (Aleph-Vau-Resh), aour, is the fluidic and living gold of the hermetic philosophy. Its positive principle is their sulphur; its negative principle, their mercury; and its equilibrated principles form what they call their salt.

I will finish quoting from this book with his thirteenth axiom:

Light is an electric fire put by Nature at the service of the will; it lights those who know how to use it, it burns those who abuse it.
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-15-2015 at 08:21 AM.

How did you find this book? The content is absolutely amazing.

The spirit is corporified light, the subject of our stone is light are similar examples of things I've seen, but the passages you post say it even better.

We just need to know how to "fix" the light. To start we probably must resort to plebeian methods involving nasty chemicals, but as understanding grows I think we can do it in a cleaner more elegant fashion.
    Last edited by crestind; 03-15-2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Feel free to PM me. Always interested in networking. Don't be shy, dearie.
    http://i.imgur.com/RoTaXgG.jpg

Hi T.I. ( ex true puffer )
    YES you have reason also i think that the electricity it is one very important key of some alchemy secret
    always about elifas levi and electricity and alchemy see the book of elifas levi
    The History of Magic
    https://books.google.it/books?id=DIV...3%A9vi&f=false
    and many other alchimist in they writes see about the post on the ancient alchemist and electricity and some they relative reference and indications

example of it see ithe bacstrom aphorism
    http://www.levity.com/alchemy/bacsproc.html see in the final aphorism the note SUPPLEMENT
    to the foregoing Aphorisms
    here quote it :
    SUPPLEMENT to the foregoing Aphorisms. ( way animal-human )
    If the globes containing the subjects be three, four or more times electrified in the beginning, before you put them in the bath; so as to introduce the Electrical Universal principle, or the Universal Spirit of Nature into the subject by motion, the same spirit in the subject will be greatly strengthened, the operation will be accelerated and improved, and you will obtain an increase of the first White salt or sublimate below the Oak stoppers

and some part of the him Chemical-Moonshine (way with water, rain, dew etc)
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/254066115...l-Moonshine-Ms

and also the reference about it that are in these threads Nuclear-Fusion-(-amp-other-Natural-Forces)-meets-Philosopher-s-Stone :
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...6720#post36720
    and also here in the thread The-Central-Salt :
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...6659#post36659

my best regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 03-15-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crestind View Post
    We just need to know how to "fix" the light. To start we probably must resort to plebeian methods involving nasty chemicals, but as understanding grows I think we can do it in a cleaner more elegant fashion.
    I think that light as he call it is the key to the alchemical process. Alfr mentioned Bacstrom aphorisms which utilizes blood as the starting matter. I think that Bacstrom used a vessel made of piezoelectric quartz as the source of electricity but maybe we can insert catode and anode directly into our common glas flasks containing matter like blood and apply external power and use this instead of athanor.
    Something along those lines would be interesting for sure...

P.S.
    It dawned on me that the name Bacstrom is composed of 2 german words. Bac(k) or Backen means to bake or baking and strom means electrical current. So the meaning would be baking with the electrical current.
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-15-2015 at 11:37 AM.

I think instead of inserting both cathode and anode into the flask...
    perhaps we should have one inside and one outside.

This will turn the flask into a capacitor.

Capacitors capture and store electricity.

Capacitors used to be called "condensers"....

Blog Entries
    Hey T.I.
    I very much like Eliphas Levi, but this is one book (The Key of the Mysteries) I haven't read.

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    The science of miracles is then the knowledge of this marvellous force, and the art of doing miracles is simply the art of magnetizing or illuminating beings, according to the invariable laws of magnetism or astral light.
    This is basically the definition of Reiki:

"Reiki: It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. "

Quote Originally Posted by crestind View Post
    According to the Eliphas Levi's quote above, it's a matter of "how to equilibrate its force by a magnetic influence which they concentrated in their athanor."

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Alfr mentioned Bacstrom aphorisms which utilizes blood as the starting matter. I think that Bacstrom used a vessel made of piezoelectric quartz as the source of electricity but maybe we can insert catode and anode directly into our common glas flasks containing matter like blood and apply external power and use this instead of athanor.
    Interesting that you bring up blood. I've been reading about how blood is made with the Heart Fire according to Traditional Chinese Medicine. It starts as ingested foodstuff which the Spleen takes, transmutes into Food Qi, then sends to the Lungs for further adaptation. This oxygenated, organic fluid is then breathed into the Heart, mixed with a bit of 'Original Qi' from the Kidneys and cocted into blood.

Blood (Xue) - Vital Substances in TCM

Now to make analogies in the flask with Eliphas Levi and Bacstrom.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 03-15-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread