Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemy in Magical Grimoires

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Wow, i didn't know all this. I am only reading books older than 100 years. I need to study this more in detail! Thanks!
    Here is a thread that might interest you then. A bit of 'modern' physics for you

Secrets of the Aether
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Oh gosh, i can barely understand that book. A bit too much of modern physics for me but it doesn't really matter because my aim is to discover how Adepts have used this force in the Great Work which they themselves describe as child's play and of a very simple nature. Modern day physicist don't posses the Stone and their mathematical equations aren't really helpfull to me.
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-29-2015 at 02:09 AM.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    Fair enough

T.I. say ... my aim is to discover how Adepts have used this force in the Great Work which they themselves describe as child's play and of a very simple nature......

this it is total correct i agree we must to discover how the ancient Adepts alchemist and rose cross have used this
    Last edited by alfr; 03-29-2015 at 04:18 AM.

That's why i am looking into the older books because i am trying to figure out the methods they used. Franz Bardon has come closest of describing how alchemical medicines are properly prepared and charged in his first book Initiation into Hermetics. He promised that he will write a book completely dedicated to Alchemy but he died before he was able to do that so he managed only to write 3 books on magic, each book representing 1 Tarot card and also one roman called Frabato... but the story doesn't end there.

After his death his pupils including his son Lumir Bardon have started to come forward and publish some of his unfinished works like The Golden Book of Wisdom: Revelation of the 4th Tarot Card. The most intriguing, for me at least was a book from Seila Orienta called Alchemy - The Mysteries of the Philosopher's Stone: Revelation of the 5th Tarot Card According to Franz Bardon

After reading the advertisment for this book i almost passed out.

The practitioner of the hermetic sciences is aware of the fact that without astral equilibrium of one’s character and the complete mastery of the four elements, the successful practice of alchemy proves to be futile. In alchemy, the practitioner will work with the different planes, matrices and the electromagnetic fluid.

However, the crowning achievement is the cultivation of the divine attributes such as omnipotence which is utilized in charging the Divine Philosopher’s Stone.

After getting it i was shocked that it is only 40 pages long and if compared to Bardon's original work it is more like a sketch compared to a lavish renaissance painting. Damn it! I had high hopes for this one!

Guys if you know any other magical Authors that have touched on Alchemy in their grimoires just hit me with it.
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-29-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    However, the crowning achievement is the cultivation of the divine attributes such as omnipotence which is utilized in charging the Divine Philosopher’s Stone.
    Omnipotence/Omniscience/Universal Fluid/etc are everywhere in their Knowable aspect. But I also think we should remember that not all these authors were practicing Alchemists, even if the Laws that govern Magick are the same that govern Alchemy, only applied on a different plane. Bardon Jr. sounds a bit sensationalistic to me, after reading what Mr. True wrote about the book vs. the advertizement.

Anyway, the conclusion so far (for me, and it has been for a while), is that our task is to alchemically prepare a matter into becoming a most excellent and fitting 'Fluid Condenser' (or 'Fluid Capacitor', as Mr. Salazius often refers to it), capable of changing between the 2 sates that are able to receive (flowing state) and contain (fixed state) this Universal X Factor and be subsequently be altered by it. I would even venture to say that after that, it won't be long before the books feed the fireplace.

That's why it's so fascinating to look at adepts at Magick and learn how they apply the universal laws on the magical plane, because the same rules apply (by adaptation) to all the planes.
    Last edited by Andro; 03-30-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    receive (flowing state) and contain (fixed state)
    Since resins were mentioned as fluid condensers, T.I. also initiated a thread on the power of resins a while ago, and I also remember making the 'Rick Simpson Oil' years ago, it's very hard when cold and starts 'flowing' when heated. Also look up the thread on Grease from Urine, that grease is also apparently harder when cold and more oily when heated. Could be potentially interesting subjects to start experimenting on...

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    [...] a clear grease, which is an oil when warm more solid when cold.
    I don't remember where I've read it years ago, but allegedly the ancients used to have a technique to actually embed information into certain oils... It sounded so weird to me 10 years ago... Things change...

Blog Entries
    I was looking through my very sad grimoire collection (It'd be happier if the rare manuscripts weren't so damn expensive) and thought up this post.

The Arbatel is another fairly common grimoire that I own (along with some of Bardon and Levi's work). Athough it doesn't get into specifics, that I remember, it's always interesting when an author seems to have some knowledge of alchemy:

The mean Secrets are likewise seven in number.

1. The first is, the transmutation of Metals, which is vulgarly called Alchymy; which certainly is given to very few, and not but of special grace.

2. The second is, the curing of diseases with Metals, either by the magnetick vertues of precious stones, or by the use of the Philosophers stone, and the like.

3. The third is, to be able to perform Astronomical and Mathematical miracles, such as are Hydraulick-engines, to administer business by the influence of Heaven, and things which are of the like sort.

4. The fourth is, to perform the works of natural Magick, of what sort soever they be.

5. The fifth is, to know all Physical secrets.

6. The sixth is, to know the foundation of all Arts which are exercised with the hands and offices of the body.

7. The seventh is, to know the foundation of all Arts which are exercised by the angelical nature of man.
    His 'recipe' to uncover these secrets is in an uncommon form as well:

Aphor. 25

We have already declared what a secret is, the kindes and species thereof: it remaineth now to shew how we may attain to know those things which we desire.

The true and onely way to all secrets, is to have recourse unto God the Author of all good; and as Christ teacheth, 1. In the first place seek ye the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. [Matt. 6.33]

2. Also see that your hearts be not burthened with surfeting, and drunkenness, and the cares of this life.

3. Also commit your cares unto the Lord, and he will do it.

4. Also the Lord thy God do teach thee, what things are profitable for thee, and do guide thee in the way wherein thou walkest. [Is. 48.17]

5. And I will give thee understanding, and will teach thee in the way wherein thou shalt go, and I will guide thee with my eye.

6. Also if you which are evil, know how to give good things to your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give his Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

7. If you will do the will of my Father which is in heaven, ye are truly my disciples, and we will come unto you, and make our abode with you.
    The author of Arbatel writes (later on) that all things we desire to know can be known, if only we first seek to know our 'Angel' or Higher Self, for which he gives ceremonial 'recipes'.

If I remember correctly, Abramelin the Mage says the same thing in a different fashion.
    Quite a common saying in the esoteric literature: Know Thyself.

From what I've been reading, our soul resides in the Heart Center, which is also a very powerful electromagnetic generator:
    The Heart is an Intelligent Electromagnetic Field Generator that Thinks

But of course, all this is pointless unless it can be applied practically. What is of special interest then is how our Hearts develop:

Heart development refers to development of the human heart. This begins with the formation of two endocardial tubes which merge to form the tubular heart, also called the primitive heart tube, that loops and separates into the four chambers and paired arterial trunks that form the adult, human heart.

I think this parallels what Mr. Androgynus stated above:

Anyway, the conclusion so far (for me, and it has been for while), is that our task is to alchemically prepare a matter into becoming a most excellent and fitting 'Fluid Condenser' (or 'Fluid Capacitor', as Mr. Salazius often refers to it), capable of changing between the 2 sates that are able to receive (flowing state) and contain (fixed state) this Universal X Factor and be subsequently be altered by it.
    The Heart seems to both receive and contain (receives through the lungs and contains in the blood), and in a certain way transmit, this Universal X Factor, otherwise it would not continue to beat
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 03-29-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Good one! This sentence is a gem!

2. The second is, the curing of diseases with Metals, either by the magnetick vertues of precious stones, or by the use of the Philosophers stone, and the like.

The Author of this grimoire was Paracelsian which proves Eliphas Levi's claim that Paracelsus was aware of magnetism and used it in his alchemy work. I found it interesting that he mentions two methods of healing the metals either with magnetism or phi. stone which underlines the connection between the two.
    Last edited by True Initiate; 03-29-2015 at 05:06 PM.

hi T.I.
    now attraction by magnetism :
    now :
    in one version not know of manuscript RC arcana divina in this manuscript it is write that for attract spiritus mundi must use under moon rays with mirror one large flask with inside it a big piece of stone of the true magnete and same say about the stone of magnete say that it attract spiritus mundi in the 2 part of the lunar method of arcana divina

now i post it

regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 03-29-2015 at 10:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread