Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: How to do psychedelics?

Blog Entries
    Yes I thought flashbacks were propagandha. Makes complete sense. In fact terms such as psychosis, psychotic, delusional and flashbacks are often used by those who have no experience with these substances. I don't think I have felt more sensible as I have the day after such an experience. LOL.

My next journey is going to be during Easter. It is a tradition of mine to re-enact the Passion of Christ around Easter, by going deep into myself - and out of this world. In other words crucify myself, die and then rise again.

The "sacred plant / tool" changes from year to year... so not sure what will be the Last Supper in 2017. Depends on what is available.

Last edited by Awani; 01-19-2017 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Due to some comments I have noticed here and elsewhere, and with people I meet, I felt it would be a good idea to make a little point regarding psychedelics that I don't think is appreciated enough.
    Often when psychedelics are discussed the words usually refer to:

- a vision
    - an experience (OBE for example)

But OBE and visions are simply not, from my experience (and the people I know who are far more experienced than I agree with this) the name of the game.

OBE and visions are simply ornaments to something far more spectacular and divine. Yes, divine. I cannot think of a better term.

There is an intelligence. There is something alive. What some psychonauts call The Other. Some theories suggest this is the higher self, and it could be. If we could connect with our higher self it would be so different from our small human experience that it might seem like an Other... but I have this sense and feeling that it is certainly not the higher self. Why?

Because I have been in conversation with this higher self, and the Voice (the Other) is not the same "thing". God some would call it. I prefer Divine Mystery. Because it is Divine and it is a Mystery (and should remain one too I might add).

This meeting with the Other does not happen unless you fully dive in deep, and ceremony certainly helps if done properly (and if the participants are dedicated, and not there to just test the waters). I cannot say it won't happen if you don't take it seriously or take a strong dose of the correct medicine... but probably not. Not to the degree I mean anyway.
    So to expand:

- a vision
    - the Other

Then there is another major aspect and that is healing. This is also very hard to communicate because it is very personal. And it is not like any other kind of New Age healing experience, it is far more effective and mind blowing. The healing aspect can be accomplished with the help of visions, but a lot of the time it is done without any visions at all.

There is hypnosis therapy, psychological therapy, regression therapy, mirror of the self therapy, what "your" victim felt perspectives... and any other therapy you can imagine... all at once without any concern for the "initiate" in terms of trying to "hold stuff back". It can be best explained as a punch in the face, or as an ass whopping of monumental proportions.

And then there is the physical healing. The purge.
    So to expand even further:

- a vision
    - the Other
    - mental healing
    - physical healing / Purge (you can also Purge mental garbage)
    And then you might also get a mission. This is very common.

And finally - if you are lucky - it can be extremely funny. But it can also be the worst sadness you will ever suffer. And I am not simply talking about joy and sadness of the physical self... I am talking about something far deeper (or higher).
    So to expand even further than above:

- a vision
    - the Other
    - mental healing
    - physical healing / Purge (you can also Purge mental garbage)
    - a mission
    - an emotional rollercoaster
    The psychedelic initiation, or experience, if properly done, is simply not tripping and having visions. It is, what travel agencies call, an all inclusive trip. To limit it simply to an OBE, or a vision, or something funny is extremely superficial in my opinion. To paraphrase Terence McKenna: no one walks into the Ashram to meditate with their knees shaking with fear of what they will experience with their meditation.

There are more aspects, but I am about to go to bed and wake up.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    One thing that I have been pondering about in the past few weeks is the issue that there is no going back. It is a one way ticket. One might try some acid and trip at a party. Casual use in this way is not a certain point of no return.

But if one partakes of some psychedelic substance in a dose and strength that cannot be ignored, by any means... and if the initiate enters the space willing to go the distance, there is a sound.

A sound of something that closes behind you. It cannot be undone. Either keep going forward or crumble to bits. Don't do what cannot be made undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    One thing that I have been pondering about in the past few weeks is the issue that there is no going back. It is a one way ticket.
    It's like the saying "What's seen cannot be unseen", or "What has been learned cannot be unlearned".

I completely agree with your sentiment! Once you truly See, you begin to Understand, and although this "Understanding" may fade a little throughout time unless cultivated, the fact of the Matter remains... Ya done seen't it and ain't nothing gonna allow ya to unsee it!!

Like a burn on skin; the pain goes away but the "scar" is always there.

Blog Entries
    Well the Lights gets in through the cracks (scar).

Cultivate is the name of the game IMO. Daily. For me. And no, I don't mean by ingesting anything.

+ Reply to Thread