Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
During the trip... can you speak?
Yes you can, but I would not advise speaking to the sitter or someone else... but "to yourself" sure. Or sing. Or chant. However if you allow me to give you a suggestion it would be to relax, breathe, surrender... speak/sing if it comes naturally... not "just because". I personally have a tendency to utter a few phrases now and then like "what the fuck" or "I cannot belive it". Laughing is good as well, if it happens. Some of the best laughs I've had. And crying too. Some of the worst (best) I have had.

Can you control your own thought patterns?
Control? I would strongly advice against any form of control. SURRENDER.

Can you think of something and kind of summon ot like in a dream? If i go into the trip repeating an intention like "i wanna meet Jesus" or "I want healing for my mind and brain" is that the way to do it? With an intention?
Yes I would have an intention. "I want healing for my mind and brain" = very good. Don't make demands, like I wanna meet Jesus. Keep it open, loose. I also usually do pray to myself before I drink, and right after I drink: "[insert intention] I am humble. I am calm. Be gentle with me. I surrender." Something like that.

Well Awani you've got me really excited about it all.
I hope it will be a good brew... and not weak... and that you will have a great experience. There is nothing right or wrong really. But if you ask a 100 experienced ayahuasca users then I think they would say similar to what I have said. Cleaing house very good. Clean yourself too. On the eve of the ceremony have a bath. Relax. I always imagine I am getting ready for a big date. Don't forget to be well rested before.

Pitch Black + Sitter + Surrender + Breathe + Listen + Watch + Bucket = excellent situation

Sidenote: if for some reason it doesn't work, or is very weak... don't be upset... it could be that the brew feels you are not ready yet, and that it needs to do some other work first... I have had ceremonies with zero visions and only a sort of life review... again surrender, it is what it is... and then if you do it again a few days later you might get a full blast into space...

You get what you need, not what you want!

Can you control...
Ayahusca is in charge... and if you don't allegorically bow and surrender to its will, you are going to get slapped around. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard people BEG FOR MERCY... and I have begged for mercy myself a few times too. He he he.