Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: How to do psychedelics?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    During the trip... can you speak?
    Yes you can, but I would not advise speaking to the sitter or someone else... but "to yourself" sure. Or sing. Or chant. However if you allow me to give you a suggestion it would be to relax, breathe, surrender... speak/sing if it comes naturally... not "just because". I personally have a tendency to utter a few phrases now and then like "what the fuck" or "I cannot belive it". Laughing is good as well, if it happens. Some of the best laughs I've had. And crying too. Some of the worst (best) I have had.

Can you control your own thought patterns?
    Control? I would strongly advice against any form of control. SURRENDER.

Can you think of something and kind of summon ot like in a dream? If i go into the trip repeating an intention like "i wanna meet Jesus" or "I want healing for my mind and brain" is that the way to do it? With an intention?
    Yes I would have an intention. "I want healing for my mind and brain" = very good. Don't make demands, like I wanna meet Jesus. Keep it open, loose. I also usually do pray to myself before I drink, and right after I drink: "[insert intention] I am humble. I am calm. Be gentle with me. I surrender." Something like that.

Well Awani you've got me really excited about it all.
    I hope it will be a good brew... and not weak... and that you will have a great experience. There is nothing right or wrong really. But if you ask a 100 experienced ayahuasca users then I think they would say similar to what I have said. Cleaing house very good. Clean yourself too. On the eve of the ceremony have a bath. Relax. I always imagine I am getting ready for a big date. Don't forget to be well rested before.

Pitch Black + Sitter + Surrender + Breathe + Listen + Watch + Bucket = excellent situation

Sidenote: if for some reason it doesn't work, or is very weak... don't be upset... it could be that the brew feels you are not ready yet, and that it needs to do some other work first... I have had ceremonies with zero visions and only a sort of life review... again surrender, it is what it is... and then if you do it again a few days later you might get a full blast into space...

You get what you need, not what you want!

Can you control...
    Ayahusca is in charge... and if you don't allegorically bow and surrender to its will, you are going to get slapped around. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard people BEG FOR MERCY... and I have begged for mercy myself a few times too. He he he.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Awani is giving you some of the best tips you could receive from anyone, Elixirmixir. If you read through some older threads you can read up my advice as well, which simply put is: Go with the flow.

Absolutely surrender any will and do not try to control anything (especially for your first experiences). Let it do its thing and you just ride the wave.

I suggest a dimly lit or dark room, having water nearby, and maybe an orange or two on hand, or whatever fruit you enjoy. Your main idea going into this should be what you experience in your mind, not what you experience externally (melting walls, pulsating ceilings, etc.). I highly suggest preparing to post up in/near your bed, and experiencing the entire trip there for the couple hours it lasts. Lying down and closing your eyes will be a welcome experience, you'll "see".

Basically hang out in a comfortable place for a couple hours and explore your mind. Towards the end of the experience maybe go outside for a little while and enjoy your newfound appreciation for the world. Enjoy! Let us know how it goes. Take time to reflect on the experience before posting, and please while you are experiencing the wonders of this combination of plants just go with the flow. Even if you feel like you are "dying" just go with it NO MATTER WHAT.

Blog Entries
    Go with the dying. Got it.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread