Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synchronicity experiment

Blog Entries

Synchronicity experiment

Synchronicity is the occurrence of two or more events that appear to be meaningfully related but not causally related. Synchronicity holds that such events are "meaningful coincidences". The concept of synchronicity was first defined by Carl Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist, in the 1920s. - source
    Why not have a fun experiment? *

1. I will post a word and everyone who wants to participate will think or wonder about this word.

2. Then everyone documents in this thread if they come across that word somewhere/somehow.

3. If you don't know the meaning of the word, or what it is, do not try and find out now. Instead keep it in your mind and see if it will appear somewhere, if the answer comes to you by accident...

Let's play.

WORD: chromodynamics

* not sure this will work but I thought why not give it a go...

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Two years later and no one has encountered this word haha
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Since then I have done many tests and it seems it does not work when forced. That is why it cannot be proven. Yet it happens all the time.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Yes, the experiment itself was terrible.

A realistic example would be if it's your birthday and a friends gives you as a gift a book titled "chromodynamics", then you go to the cinema and in the movie they are discussing "chromodynamics" all the time and then you are walking on the street and you find a boy yelling at his dog and the name of the dog is "chromodynamics" (poor dog!)... and then another friend suggests you to form a band and he says that the name should be "chromodynamics".

With Lab Alchemy it is, and I do not not why, very usual to find synchronicities. You are doing "something" and you see the same thing happening in the most weird areas of life (i.e, you meet someone whose name has a "meaning" and the meaning is the same process you are doing)... the stranger "miracles" happen OUTSIDE the flasks.

You CAN force a synchronicity actually, but with simple ideas... specially numbers, but only if you spend a lot of time doing something with that number first.
    i.e, the first thing I knew about Hermeticism when I was a teen was a network of small groups that used the number "23" almost as a token or "lucky number" (Thee Temple ov Psychick youth, The Association of Autonomous Astronauts, the Luther Blissett Project, Discordianism, Robert Anton Wilson, William Burroughs, etc). Indeed, the whole thing was very related to mail art projects and it was usual to even see the number "23" instead of "Hello", like:

23 Dev,
    I'm writing to you as to know how you are doing. I'm also sending you a collage made from 23 magazines.
    Cheers,
    Zoas23
    ... The number chased me all my life afterwards (i.e, my first date with my GF was on a 23rd, the first kiss happened at 23:00 hs... and now she went to Europe to work and then I'm meeting her for having vacations together and when I had to choose a flight it had to be by the end of June, for some odd reason there was a 50% discount on the flights for 23rd June.... all the other days of June had the same cost, but there was a special offer for the 23rd). That's somehow a "forced" synchronicity... I am sure that if that whole "movement" had an obsession with any other number, then this other "random" number would have showed up in very significant events instead of the number "23".

I think you mentioned to me somewhere, I can't remember if in a private conversation or if it was in public, that you have a number that "chases" you too....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    A realistic example would be if it's your birthday and a friends gives you as a gift a book titled "chromodynamics", then you go to the cinema and in the movie they are discussing "chromodynamics" all the time and then you are walking on the street and you find a boy yelling at his dog and the name of the dog is "chromodynamics" (poor dog!)... and then another friend suggests you to form a band and he says that the name should be "chromodynamics".
    This is just a definition of synchronicity. This happens to me a lot. I just wanted to see if I could make it happen by force.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    I can't remember if in a private conversation or if it was in public, that you have a number that "chases" you too....

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    This is just a definition of synchronicity. This happens to me a lot. I just wanted to see if I could make it happen by force.
    You can, but probably not in the way you tried. The example of the "23" was my explanation of a "forced" synchronicity.

If you pick a random number, say, 37 and you write a book about it and you begin to make art related to it... and you convince some friends to do the same and exchange with you ideas about the number 37 for some time, then I am SURE that the number will begin to "chase" you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Since then I have done many tests and it seems it does not work when forced.
    "Forced" from 'normal' consciousness? Have you tried while in a 'higher' state of mind (after or during meditation)? From my experience, the 'normal' conscious mind doesn't have a lot of impact in manifesting a desire, will or force.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread