Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rosicrucian Symbols

Rosicrucian Symbols

Hi everyone,

I recently stumbled upon very very detailled and well explained texts/symbols about the world. The problem is, even though they are in german (old german) I am not able to understand them (Not because of the language, but because of it's meaning). It seems like it was explained for the most simple of minds, but I can't quite get my head around it.

I guess I am not ready to understand it yet.

I would be glad if some of you (especially german speakers) could help get an understanding out of it. Also, I thought it somehow is my duty to share it with you guys, because those PDF's seem to be like the holy grail of knowledge.

Unfortunately I am not able to upload them here (around 65 MB in total). But HERE (LINK) on the bottom of the page, on the right side you can find them. The download links are called "Heft 1", "Heft 2" and "Heft 3".

To give you a quick impression, I made some screenshots for you guys.

The text on the bottom of this tablet says the following (Sorry for my bad translation, but it's an old german text written in verse):
    The person who understands this table correctly, sees how one happens from the other. Firstly everything [is part of] the number four. The elements, everywhere, from which the three [Beginnings] [emanate / originate], which yield the two sexes. Male, female, from sun and moon, emanates the imperial son: Whom nothing in the world is equal, and surpasses every kingdom.

Best wishes,

Aaron

I just saw in the preview, that the pictures are quite big. If this disturbs anyone, please tell me how to include them more comfortable for reading in this post.

An English translation of "The Secret Symbols of the Rosicrucians of the 16th and 17th centuries" can be found at http://www.rosecroixjournal.org/resources/index.html

The 2nd image is an obvious play on the sefirot from the Kabbalah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3+O( View Post
    An English translation of "The Secret Symbols of the Rosicrucians of the 16th and 17th centuries" can be found at http://www.rosecroixjournal.org/resources/index.html
    Hi 3+O( -

I can't find the English version of "The Secret Symbols of the Rosicrucians" in the above link. There are other texts, but this one seems to be missing. Or am I missing something?

Thanks...

I am very familiar with this text, as well with "Magia Divina" ( http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...3-Magia-Divina )...

Of which I told Andro that they are not what he thought that they were. Both of them belong to the Hermetic & Christian Qabalah tradition... and discuss Alchemy in a philosophical way, but I would not call them "Alchemical books"... they are closer to Knorr von Rosenroth.

Understanding these two texts (Magia Divina and Secret Symbols) involve a quite advanced knowledge of Qabalah because they are very encrypted and the "keys" are not in those texts (you can read them 1,000 times and they won't make sense unless you already know how to decipher them).

The first table is related to two quaternaries YHVH and "God, Son, Holy Spirit and Man"

And it is "opened" by two other pages of the book:

Both books involve the idea that the idea of Jesus (YHShVH) was implicit in the Old Testament and that the Shin came to redeem the demiurgic idea of YHVH (Jehovah), the four elements, with the inclusion of the Shin.

They involve Qabalistic operations which are not truly disclosed there, but are related to extracting the number 666 from the "secret Fire" of the Shin, from the number 5, 6, 7 and 11... though the "how-to-do-it" is not explained there (I don´t really remember a book that explains how to do it).

And the Secret Symbols contain a lot of references to the four worlds of the Qabalah (Atziluth, Briah, Yetzirah, Assiah)... i.e, the last figure posted in the first post shows the four Olam / Worlds.

The two of them contain the whole "philosophy" of Alchemy, but they are not really books that you can take to the Lab and follow them as if they were a "recipe".

i.e, the KEY number in both of them is the number 666, which represents the Stone.
    If you wanna know how to extract it from 11, it's simple the Hexagram as the triangle of water and the triangle of fire (Mem and Shin respectively = 40 + 300)... and the Pentagram representing YHShVH (10 + 5 + 300 + 6 + 5 = 326)... and 340 + 326 = 666... and, of course, the Hexagram is representing the Old Testament and the Pentagram is the New Testament.

Other procedures extract the number from the Shin, from the 5, 6 and the 7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Both books involve the idea that the idea of Jesus (YHShVH) was implicit in the Old Testament and that the Shin came to redeem the demiurgic idea of YHVH (Jehovah), the four elements, with the inclusion of the Shin.
    What's a bit strange (to me) is that YHVH is spelled יהוה in Hebrew, while YHShVH is generally spelled יהושוע in Hebrew - from the root ישע, meaning 'salvation' (and extra ו and an ע, and without a second ה) - - - unless you go for the spelling that makes less contextual sense - יהשוה

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    The Hexagram is representing the Old Testament and the Pentagram is the New Testament.
    From Hex to (Re)pent

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    What's a bit strange (to me) is that YHVH is spelled יהוה in Hebrew, while YHShVH is generally spelled יהושוע in Hebrew - from the root ישע, meaning 'salvation' (and extra ו and an ע, and without a second ה) - - - unless you go for the spelling that makes less contextual sense - יהשוה
    Y H Sh V H is a very "forced" spelling, but it has been traditionally used like that in Rosicrucian contexts.. with the sole purpose of adding a Shin to YHVH.
    I don't even believe that "Jesus" was a real person and even if he had been a real person, I doubt that he wrote his name as "YHShVH"... but there is a LONG tradition of using this "forced spelling". You are not wrong when you say that its orthography is incorrect, but you won't find YHShVO in any "Christian Qabalah" book.

The Talmud contains a historical record of him as "Yeshu" not too many years before he was supposed to have been born. They accuse Yeshu of being a false prophet who was a disloyal Jew and brought sorcery out of Egypt, remember Christ was raised in Egypt, Alexandria specifically in some texts. They had him hung from a tree not crucified, and they do not mention the Resurrection. I believe it could be the same individual, as they also accused him of worshiping fish imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    The Talmud contains a historical record of him as "Yeshu" not too many years before he was supposed to have been born. They accuse Yeshu of being a false prophet who was a disloyal Jew and brought sorcery out of Egypt, remember Christ was raised in Egypt, Alexandria specifically in some texts. They had him hung from a tree not crucified, and they do not mention the Resurrection. I believe it could be the same individual, as they also accused him of worshiping fish imagery.
    The idea of humans as evolved fishes was a classical Greek idea (Pythagoras, Anaximander) and related to the number 153... which was also equivalent to a frog (this reminds me of the alchemist of the frogs, Mr. Ripley... who metaphorically and literally investigated how to evolve a frog).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    Firstly, I just checked and the Hebrew spelling is ישוע and not יהושוע as I wrote earlier. Still not fitting the 'forced spelling' of יהשוה (thus ignoring the original Hebrew root ישע).

Secondly, the name 'Yeshu' (ישו) is often associated in rabbinical writings with the initials of: ימח שמו וזכרו - meaning "May his name and memory be obliterated".

Religious trolling never grows old, on any side...

+ Reply to Thread