Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Otherland (the Rift is coming)

I do agree with your points whole heartedly. VR won't create ignorant people, people will, as such.

At the same time, I just really don't see the point. Fair play, I agree, what will be will be. And I wouldn't want to limit anyone's experience. Just saying that we have a powerful VR system, right in our heads. And might it be an idea to get to know that one, to understand our inner VR, before heading off into a VVR.

The beauty of inner VR, is that as far as we are aware, it is only controlled by us. No chance of external influences. Computerised VR can easily be tailored to suit a manipulative persons needs. To control others.

I agree, if this is going to happen, it is going to happen. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

Blog Entries
    Aha ok I see your perspective. And I agree with the inner VR. But what I love about VR is that it will expose everyone to a new perspective of reality.

And I would not put too much faith and glory on the "inner VR", because consider this outcome (years just for fun, no thought behind them):

2016: VR is official
    2025: VR achieve near perfect quality, almost as real as reality
    2033: VR and Reality are as real... you can't tell which is which
    2056: people are spending almost their whole existence hooked up into VR
    2088: people spend birth to death in VR and forget they are in VR
    2325: someone in VR invents VR and we are back right where we are now

How do you know you are not already in VR? You don't.

What is virtual really? If VR feels real... it is real. So Virtual Reality is Reality. The Illusion is Real... the delusion is to take it too seriously. Enjoy the game.

The possibilities in the VR world are infinite. Same in current reality, but we believe the code too much to break natural laws.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    we believe the code too much to break natural laws.
    So-called "natural laws" = Code

Super-Admin access would be required to alter source code, re-program, delete algorithms, reboot the whole system or even shut down the whole damn thing altogether

Blog Entries
    As for Alchemy Forums only I in the whole world have access to be able to do the most "changes" humanly possible... BUT even I cannot change the rigid core structure of a vBulletin board no matter how much I can hack it... so yes... in this metaphor the "true" code of the forum is fixed since whomever wrote the code "fixed" it.

And even if the most skilled hacker manages to unfix this code he will break it. He won't be able to make it work as a vBulletin board. The code is "fixed" because if it is not fixed the thing that has been coded is not "that thing anymore"... so by unfixing it is destroyed (shut down as you say).

Makes me think of the Facebook film... the last scene of the movie when the guy who "wrote" Facebook is sitting and waiting for a girl to accept his friend request. The guy who wrote the code for Facebook is still powerless over the code he himself wrote... he can't make the girl be his friend. That scene makes that film (Social Network) go from average to masterpiece IMO.

Worth to note.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    One thing that is certain (and it might have been different if Jobs had not died), but the VR revolution is going to force me to switch to PC from Apple. The GPU is to weak for Mac and I cannot wait X amount of time to get on the train I have been waiting for, for so fucking long. So I'm going fully bi and have begun to assemble my tech. It is a big investment, but as with all things I think are important I always go "all in".

Also planning to probably build a small house in my garden that will be basically an empty room, because in VR you don't want any obstacles. It does not need to be big. Maybe 3x3 meters or something with the interior painted black (floor, ceiling, walls) just in case the headset has any light leaks.

Even though we are still in the first stages I need to be there from the start. I want to see it develop. I think these are amazing times. The way you think about interactions online, films, music, art, games, books... all those things are over. It is fucking over.

When you can stand right there with the rebellion, light saber in hand, John Williams music booming from the sky...ready to charge... when you can build your home without any limits... when you can travel to another galaxy with the person you love and spend an evening watching the Big Bang happen all around you...

When you can do these things and an infinity of other things we cannot imagine right now why the fuck would you ever watch a movie or go to a boring ass concert again... when you can be John Lennon on stage playing your most loved songs live before a billion cheering fans...

All we know now is Game Over.

How easy can you resist using the Internet? VR will be 10 000 times more essential.

Bad things can be found with anything, but I live my life trying to embrace what is good with everything and that makes all the difference.

Let the game truly begin!

* I just wish I will still be alive when the option to be fully uploaded becomes available.

** VR is also the answer to the LAB concept.

These days we laugh at those that said radio would fuck us up 100 years ago. Who here wants to be one of them?
    Last edited by Awani; 08-04-2016 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Also planning to probably build a small house in my garden that will be basically an empty room, because in VR you don't want any obstacles. It does not need to be big. Maybe 3x3 meters or something with the interior painted black (floor, ceiling, walls) just in case the headset has any light leaks.
    I already have one, it's my bedroom. Or any couch/place I can phase out and experience all those things and more.

The brain is already an extremely powerful CPU & GPU. We just not using it all yet consciously. (We are already using it un/subconsciously, otherwise it would just wither and shrink like any unused organ)

What PC system are you having built for the VR thing? What OS? Will it need to be upgraded periodically as newer and faster components and data transfer options come out?

* I just wish I will still be alive when the option to be fully uploaded becomes available.
    Maybe you do not have to wish since such a VR revolution would make our linear thinking of time obsolete. Through Quantenphysics and "relativity theorems" and experiments like "Schroedingers Cat" or concepts like the multiverse theory and "hundred monkey phenomenon"

So when VR fully establishes itself our consciousness about the possibility will change.The global consciousness will change. With this the observer will change. Literally over night time will become more circular and not be fixed anymore. What most call the 4th or 5th dimension. No invention, no new discovered energy source "just" awareness, its crazy and still logical.

So what will happen with someone like yourself dev if he has already the awareness and intend for an event (VR) but dies before said event takes place?
    If the wish is "deep" enough and the consciousness "strong" enough it should theoretically remain in some specific form,place and time. And so it should also be able to reincarnate it in some way.

Who knows maybe you are allready "dead" and this is a temporary "holding station"/ VR loop for you and all others to wait for the entrance into "real VR" or rather an upgraded version...
    Maybe reincarnation is just as simple as this a endless loop for consciousness to "wait" until it reaches enough energy,knowledge and personal maturity for entering the next "level"/"game" consciousness wishes to explore.
    Actually I really believe that when your "acting according to law" is "pure" enough you wonīt die because their is no reason for a "restart", it would be pointless.

I am also looking forward to the developement of VR because, imo, the biggest change it will bring is the change of currency and worth. With VR material objects will go where they belong, second to human creativity. The thought,concept or idea will be moe valueable than mountains of gold. Maybe the first time in modern history that the intelligent,hard working, creative, passionate of this world will be able to receive what they are worth...and the lazy, arrogant and greedy will as well.

Blog Entries
    The tech specifics I will get back to. I imagine upgrades will need to be done eventually.

Another aspect is that to stop being an alcoholic you first have to admit you are addicted to alcohol. It is hard for a normal person to see their addiction to body/reality, but with VR the chance of seeing this aspect is greatly increased.

Andro: yes but all your friends cannot join you, your mother cannot, we here on the forum cannot (apart from the select few I guess). But if we all strap ourselves in VR we can.

VR is liberation, and possibly a path towards liberation. And even if it isn't it will still be a "reality".

Jin: yes I have considered all you said. Glad you are onboard. Oh and good point about "value".

Blog Entries
    Has anyone seen the movie The Congress?

Online watching option

Blog Entries
    Yes that is a good one. That is already happening btw.

System requirements
    Video Card NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater
    CPU Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
    Memory 8GB+ RAM
    Video Output Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
    USB Ports 2x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
    OS Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer

+ Reply to Thread