Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comte de Saint Germain

Blog Entries

Comte de Saint Germain

Comte de Saint Germain is a mystery in itself and one to fall in love with. A full bio of him is essential, but there are plenty all over the web. I will add links to some at the end of this post. Let's start with an introduction by the Russian writer Aleksandr Pushkin (1799-1837) who mentions Saint Germain in his short story The Queen of Spades (1834):
    "You have heard of Count St. Germain, about whom so many marvelous stories are told. You know that he represented himself as the Wandering Jew, as the discoverer of the elixir of life, of the philosopher's stone, and so forth. Some laughed at him as a charlatan; but Casanova, in his memoirs, says that he was a spy. But be that as it may, St. Germain, in spite of the mystery surrounding him, was a very fascinating person, and was much sought after in the best circles of society. Even to this day my grandmother retains an affectionate recollection of him, and becomes quite angry if anyone speaks disrespectfully of him."
    There are many men/women that have been believed to have gained immortality. One is the Wonderman, Saint Germain, who was an adventurer, an alchemist and a diplomat. His main position in history is during the 18th century and there are many tales spun about and around him. One of great interest is that he is said to have possessed the Elixir of Life.

Although Comte de Saint Germain never ate or drank in public he had a very strict diet of oatmeal, groats and the white meat of chicken. He had a recipe of a purge made of senna pods and on rare occasions would have some wine. He took great precautions to minimize the wear and tear of the body always trying to avoid getting a cold. When he slept he allegedly stopped the mechanism of the human clock. The physical decay that occurs unknowingly within the body, like the free radicals, was known by him in some form.

It is in this subject I think Saint Germain is most valid when discussing about the Art. Sure Cagliostro gives him bad rep, but even Cagliostro had his moments. Besides if you keep a valet called Roger it must be true, because if you are going to invent a myth surely you could think of a better name than that?

There are two books I recommend you read (click on image to read):

Resources:
    Wikipedia
    Bio from AlchemyLab
    Bio from Crystalinks

PS
    In my opinion ignore all facts that come from the I AM movement... if you got a pro-I AM comment please share and change my mind...
    Last edited by Awani; 02-23-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I've used McLean's Study Course on the Most Holy Trinosophia. He tends to stay on the safe side of interpretation, but one can fill in the blanks also. The approach of initiation Dubuis makes in his Fundamentals of Esoteric Knowledge is rather similar in conceptualization!

I was reading both at the same time, call it synchronicity, and couldn't help but notice the similarity. I might return to exploring it, but it probably requires a good 3-months of digestion before the 'door opens'.

Blog Entries
    Mária Szepes in her The Red Lion also gives a rather good account of this enigmatic figure. You get the sense, she knows a bit too much on the topic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    Mária Szepes in her The Red Lion also gives a rather good account of this enigmatic figure. You get the sense, she knows a bit too much on the topic.
    And a book called "Brother of the Third Degree" is very interesting, enjoyable read.
    Oh, cool. You can read it here:
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/botd/index.htm

Oh - I agree with you Dev on the I AM discourses.
    At least as I recall them from probably 10 years ago.
    Maybe they'll mean something different now.
    But they don't "resonate" St. Germain to me.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    And a book called "Brother of the Third Degree" is very interesting, enjoyable read.

Oh - I agree with you Dev on the I AM discourses.
    At least as I recall them from probably 10 years ago.
    Maybe they'll mean something different now.
    But they don't "resonate" St. Germain to me.
    Thanks I'll look into it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    I've read superficially the later chapters involving Comte de St. Germain. What's your take on his presentation in this manuscript? It seems to suggest that world leaders are controlled from the other side or, wait, the words come alive again, 'Hidden hands'? Was that your understanding?

+ Reply to Thread