Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Sexual Vampirism

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    69
    I had another thought, growing up I loved watching horror movies and loved the Dracula films, the Dracula story is interesting and for a time I thought it may have some alchemical meaning, I mean count dracula always chooses women and sucks their blood but the pure virgin is always the speccial one for him, he sucks their blood (essence?) and hates the light and lives in the dark and is Immortal of course, and so I wondered if the living in the dark or avoiding the sun t least was linked to melatonin/serotonin production but then realised Bram Stoker may have not had any intention to show any kind of path but then again hidden within stories lie some truths or teachings at least and so for sometime I found the Dracula story interesting, I even thought the secret at one point may be ingesting a virgins blood seeing as Dracula always sucked blood and there were always in my view sexual vibes and the one he really wanted was always the pure virgin, I did read about an alchemist experimenting with a womans menstrual fluid in a flask, not sure were that experiment led to anyway.

    Not sure if you can actually absorb Jing or sexual energy.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Barnes View Post
    I had another thought, growing up I loved watching horror movies and loved the Dracula films, the Dracula story is interesting and for a time I thought it may have some alchemical meaning, I mean count dracula always chooses women and sucks their blood but the pure virgin is always the speccial one for him, he sucks their blood (essence?) and hates the light and lives in the dark and is Immortal of course, and so I wondered if the living in the dark or avoiding the sun t least was linked to melatonin/serotonin production but then realised Bram Stoker may have not had any intention to show any kind of path but then again hidden within stories lie some truths or teachings at least and so for sometime I found the Dracula story interesting, I even thought the secret at one point may be ingesting a virgins blood seeing as Dracula always sucked blood and there were always in my view sexual vibes and the one he really wanted was always the pure virgin, I did read about an alchemist experimenting with a womans menstrual fluid in a flask, not sure were that experiment led to anyway.

    Not sure if you can actually absorb Jing or sexual energy.
    Bram Stocker (the author of the novel "Dracula") was a member of the Golden Dawn.
    The early Golden Dawn was very "playful" in some ways: the members who wrote fiction were somehow obsessed with the idea of writing about the Golden Dawn under veiled metaphors that were crystal clear to other members (this is true for W.B. Yeats, Arthur Machen, the few plays that Florence Farr wrote, Gustav Meyrink, etc). In the same way that the characters of many of their books were quite often other members of the Order. Probably this was somehow like a "game", giving a "wink" to other members.
    My favorite in this sense is "A fragment of life" by Machen... which begins as a very "mundane" story and embraces the genre of "fantasy" in the last chapter. The "mundane tale" that Machen wrote in the first chapters is 100% a very explicit reference to the ceremonies of each grade of the Golden Dawn, written in perfect order.

    Same thing is true for other issues: the well-known Tarot designed by A.E. Waite and Pamela Colman Smith portraits in the major Arcana 22 members of the Golden Dawn (i.e, "The Empress" is a self-portrait of Pamela herself).

    "Dracula" is not an exception to this rule. I.e, Mina Harker, the girl that Dracula wants to seduce, is clearly based on Moina "Mina" Bergson Mathers (the wife of the Imperator of the Order... a weird couple since Mina wanted to remain virgin for the whole of her life and she did it, even if she was married). A strange couple indeed, since the teachings of the Golden Dawn gave absolutely no value to "virginity" and there's some interesting letters about the issue of sexuality that Mathers and Annie Horniman exchanged (Annie was shocked by the "liberal" sexual life of some members of the Order, specially Yeats... so she wrote to Mathers a letter about it. Mathers wrote back explaining her that there was absolutely no contradiction between having a "liberal" sexual life and being a member of the Order, that the huge problem was her own prejudices about sex -an unexpected reply from a man who was celibate!!! ).

    The "Virgin" is also a "code word" for the Goddess Isis, at least in the context of the Golden Dawn (associated with the astrological sign of Virgo). The "virginity" of Isis, unlike the virginity of Moina Mathers is 100% a metaphor.

    "Dracula", the novel, mixes ideas takes from the biography of some members of the Golden Dawn + the "jargon" of the Golden Dawn + some specific ceremonies of the Golden Dawn which are related to alchemy in an indirect way + some alchemical practices that were typical of the Golden Dawn and which have nothing to do with "vampirism", even if they have a lot to do with blood (hint: Bacstrom!!!).

    Having some knowledge of what the Golden Dawn is about, It's say that "vampirism", "Virgin" and many ideas that the book mention are only METAPHORS... and that the book isn't actually related to "absorbing the sexual energy of a young girl"... it's not even close to such idea, except in the literal sense.

    ... but reading it in that sense makes as much sense as using "The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz" as a guide for planning weddings.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    69
    Thankyou zoas23 I had no knowledge of the Golden dawn connection and Bram stockers Dracula, interesting indeed seeing as for years wondered what alchemical connection there may be without doing any research and let the idea float around in my mind.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    1,583
    Blog Entries
    4
    'evenings of daoist sexual alchemy with adept'
    I think that 'sexual vampirism' and 'sexual alchemy' are two completely different things. The alchemical side of things is a union, and energy is shared equally. Adam grey has some awesome imagery of the idea:



    Notice the 'infinity' symbol linking their hearts?

    In the same way that the female is offering her energies, the male is offering his.
    The important question is, why does a male 'sexual alchemist' need feminine energy?
    Last edited by Andro; 11-27-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Image Fix
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I think that 'sexual vampirism' and 'sexual alchemy' are two completely different things. The alchemical side of things is a union, and energy is shared equally. Adam grey has some awesome imagery of the idea:

    Notice the 'infinity' symbol linking their hearts?

    In the same way that the female is offering her energies, the male is offering his.
    The important question is, why does a male 'sexual alchemist' need feminine energy?
    LOL... I hate Alex Grey with passion (but that's my own prejudice, there's nothing wrong in him, I simply don't think that his paintings are "art"). Sorry for this comment, it's just a prejudice I have! (same thing happens to me with the music of Enya... it's like a torture for me instead of "music").

    There is of course a difference between "sexual alchemy" and "sexual vampirism".
    I've mentioned one of my prejudices (Alex Grey)... I would say that most of the "mystical" views on sexuality are still VERY tainted with silly prejudices, sexism, misogyny, etc...
    Some years ago there was a "debate" here about homosexuality and some people stated that an alchemist shouldn't be homosexual... an absurd prejudice.


    Other prejudices lean on misogyny.
    I.e, Aleister Crowley, who was a misogynist of sorts, was convinced that the sperm of the males was a God-like substance and that the phallus was the image of God on Earth.
    So his "sexual alchemy" always involved the idea of a male using a female (to be specific, her vagina) as an "athanor"... and then the couple could share the God-like sperm that came from the male.
    Crowley had no problem at all with male homosexuality, but he completely discarded the idea that a couple of lesbians could practice "sexual alchemy" because there's no sperm and no dicks involved in a lesbian relationship.
    He also wrote about "sexual vampirism"... his definition was that a "sexual vampire" was a girl who swallowed (i.e, that she was using the man as if she was a vampire to steal his energy).

    The prejudices and silly ideas that Crowley had are endless and infinite.

    Whilst reading anything on the subject, it is always a good idea to remember that human sexuality has been (and still is) something VERY stained by weird prejudices.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    69
    Although I find it interesting, the idea of using a woman just for her energy kind of makes me feel uncomfortable ... I suppose thats my conscience nudging me. Alex Crowley does sound a bit extreme.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,383
    Blog Entries
    2
    In my humble opinion Crowley is a waste of time. You will gain nothing from him unless you have an interest in the history of the occult scene in the UK. If not look elsewhere.

    More fascinating, I think, is Francis Dashwood and the Hell Fire Club. But only as a historical peculiarity... nothing more.


    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    In my humble opinion Crowley is a waste of time. You will gain nothing from him unless you have an interest in the history of the occult scene in the UK. If not look elsewhere.

    More fascinating, I think, is Francis Dashwood and the Hell Fire Club. But only as a historical peculiarity... nothing more.

    I agree with you about Crowley.

    An interesting character is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_de_Naglowska

    Even though my general opinion on the subject is that the true name of the stone is "love" and is by far more simple and easy than the Hell Fire Club, Naglowska, Crowley, Tantra, Randolph, etc...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,383
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    I hate Alex Grey with passion.
    I have to disagree...




    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts