Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Celibate Philosopher

I wanted to say something different. I think that an alchemy adept /= he did and consumated elixir/ has some wisdom and power, so he can say or do something; but I never noticed some evidence of this...

Blog Entries
    I did it [celibacy] as a preperation to partake in ayahuasca... it gets easier the longer you do it I found. A much easier habit to break than say nicotine or caffeine.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by deviadah View Post
    I did it [celibacy] as a preperation to partake in ayahuasca... it gets easier the longer you do it I found. A much easier habit to break than say nicotine or caffeine.

Deviadah,

Did you also continue your celibacy for a period after taking the ayahuasca? I am planning a trip to Peru this summer to do ayahuasca with a shaman, and have read that a period of celibacy afterwards is good too.

I am really excited about the upcoming experience! The village were I am going is refered to as "Infinate Light" maybe you have heard of them. They have a video on youtube.

Peace,
    -Rockfate1111

In performing sexual alchemy and having a great deal of success, both myself and my alchemical partner, and having studied the celibate tantric forms along with the experiences of Ramakrishna and Vivekananda in mastering such I find that I must express disagreement with the whole celibate idea. Understand that in my experience I was celibate part time during the Alchemical Marriage in this life, not by choice but because of reason of overwhelming chronic illness of long duration, a problem since solved. After that coincidence brought me an alchemical partner. This allows one to work in areas not accessable or visible without a partner, working towards Alchemical Union with another person. A symbolic yoni puja or lingam puja just is not the same as the practice with a living being. Personally I prefer the living practice and do not find that it in any way restricts or hinders my progress. I have worked alone far more than I have worked with a partner. I would suggest that they are perhaps different stages of the process. Working with the body and sexual matters forces one to deal with things that don't come up if working alone. A person has to take on the deepest of fears and taboos and things that can go back many lifetimes and/or recurrances instead of just papering it over and pretending it doesn't exist.

As far as celibacy before trying ayahuasca, I saw no reason to do so and everything was routine. Just one word of warning on ayahuasca. As one of the major active components is an MAOI whose interactions with a wide range of prescritption and OTC medications and herbs can produce fatality via zero blood pressure or through the roof blood pressure, check everything you take against potential interaction with a selection of prescription MAOI substances. As with anything taking one to a death threshold, ones own fears and beliefs are what will cause problems, aside from a physical death incident from drug interactions.
    Last edited by III; 10-11-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Spiling semen and spirituality don't go together. Only when the generative energy is not spent for producing offspring but instead, is retained inside the body, then it is used for healing and transformation. Our science states that semen contains valuable vitamins, trace minerals and hormones. Western traditions also say that it carries ojas or chi, some kind of aetheric "life force" unknown to modern science (yet) and that its production drains the body. Almost every mainstream spiritual path requires celibacy. Athlets know by experience the detrimental effects of sex before a competition and there are many myths about the consequences of overdoing it.

On the other hand, sexual intercouse can have healing, balancing and beneficial effects, almost impossible to obtain by other method.

How can we have the one without the other? Well, I think that this is what sexual alchemy teaches.

I believed, and still do to some extent, that sex is the only drive anyone has; an inborn need to
    breed. Examine other drives and they usually stem from sexuality and the desire to attract a
    mate or protect the offspring of such. Oh there is train spotting

Evolutionists will tell you this, we are but automatons with one purpose, to carry and pass on
    our/the genes; survival machines.

Celibacy, not only in action but in thought too, allows one to witness the power of this drive.

I hope and believe there is more...still searching

Ghislain

P.S. Hiding away from any temptation doesn’t count
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    Spiling semen and spirituality don't go together. Only when the generative energy is not spent for producing offspring but instead, is retained inside the body, then it is used for healing and transformation. Our science states that semen contains valuable vitamins, trace minerals and hormones. Western traditions also say that it carries ojas or chi, some kind of aetheric "life force" unknown to modern science (yet) and that its production drains the body. Almost every mainstream spiritual path requires celibacy. Athlets know by experience the detrimental effects of sex before a competition and there are many myths about the consequences of overdoing it.

On the other hand, sexual intercouse can have healing, balancing and beneficial effects, almost impossible to obtain by other method.

How can we have the one without the other? Well, I think that this is what sexual alchemy teaches.
    Hi theFool,

Athlets know by experience the detrimental effects of sex before a competition and there are many myths about the consequences of overdoing it.

Yes, and masturbation causes hairy palms and insanity as everybody knows. During a period when torture devices were attached to the penis of boys to prevent nocturnal erections and "self abuse", when the cure for female masturbation of young girls was clitorectomy, negative attitudes about the body and especially about sex and sex organs, all sorts of mythology and propaganda was propagated. I was a professional ski patrolman. I didn't compete. I used to run the downhill course at full speed just for fun. We had to do rescues from places no sane person should have gone in the first place. Sex was no hinderance in the least, unless I lost sleep to do so. When you play you bet your life each day you want to be top of form. Alchemical sex can leave one overflowing with energy for days at a time, no depletion at all.

Almost every mainstream spiritual path requires celibacy.

Consider the source. Almost every mainstream spitual path is anti-sex and considers it sinful or did at various times. Celibacy was not required of Catholic priests until something like the 13th or 14th century and I doubt that it will continue do so for all of this century. Lots of nonsense was propagated to supprt the position. The mainstream paths used control of sex as a mechanism for control of people. Further the mainstream churches work to increase their power, control people and appear to desire to keep them trapped forever in ignorance by "faith" so they cvan keep fleecing the flock. I am not a good sheep of the flock. I don't want or need a priest of any variety to tell me what is right. I have watched people report what they were seeing during gnosis and as they came out of that state they would immediately deny all the things that they said that disagreed with their belief systems and even deny that they could have possibly said those things. I don't notice that the mainline spiritual paths teach gnositic prayer. If they wanted people to be able to receive the divine truth for themselves they would teach gnostic prayer. They don't. One woman I prayed with, and her husband, was an ex nun and had been taught gnostic prayer by a Jesuit. She was totally shocked that I was able to do so with her and enter into such incredibly sacred spaces with her since I was obviously so unsuitable. She also denied almost everything she saw and spoke after she exited the prayer. Clearly the method is not totally lost even within the Catholic church. It is kept locked up and not taught to the sheep. Then they wouldn't need priests.

All of western European practice developed when the truth about alchemy could get you burned at the stake after much torture; an extremely unpleasant experience all told. The language was developed to obscure and conceal, not to reveal except to those who had the key to the jargon. And then it could include much cultural bias unbeknown to the person writing it. It had to appear to not be heresy or sexual or anything that the inquisition might take offense to. The British spread their horror of sex around the world with their empire and much practice was driven underground that used to be respectable to some degree. The Muslim invasion of India killed hundreds of millions and tore down all sorts of "indecent" temples with "obscene" sexual temple art. That will drive all sorts of thiongs into secret. Virtually everything done in sexual alchemies is still technically illegal in most states even though they don't try to enforce rules against sodomy (legally everything except missionary position intercourse in many juridictions). Of course vibrators were developed as a labor saving device for physicians 100+ or so years back when they did vulva massage as a medical procedure for treating hysteria, something no decent husband would do and it was not considered sexual.
    Wikepedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_hysteria
    "pelvic massage — manual stimulation of the genitals by the doctor until the patient experienced "hysterical paroxysm" (orgasm)"

So, the real question is how much of the celibacy model is what is told for public consumption and personal safety but not what is performed in private? Even in the yoni puja there are several levels, the public, the private and the secret. As is also said, "9 out of 10 males masturbate, the other 1 lies".

Whatever you may think of the Kinsey studies they very well demonstrated that people will do things and admit to things in private that they would deny in public in vast numbers. Even today how many people will tell the truth about their sex life in public? Today they scare the hell out of people about sex to prevent STDs.

Further the teaching for the times can and does change. Slavish obediance to the forms of the past can keep someone polishing the buggy whips for a long time past when they serve any purpose.

Then consider that what person x needs to do to clear the blockages may be just the opposite of person y. People are generally so screwed up on sexual matters that it blocks the possiblity of enlightenment, or Alchemical achievement until they clear it, one way or another. Celibacy generally is used to avoid the matter in a practical sense. Avoidance itself is an obstacle. Avoiding all the chakras below the heart doesn't work.

My suggestion is to learn gnostic prayer and then go get the information directly. Anything else is just somebody else telling you. Hearsay is notoriously unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I believed, and still do to some extent, that sex is the only drive anyone has; an inborn need to
    breed. Examine other drives and they usually stem from sexuality and the desire to attract a
    mate or protect the offspring of such. Oh there is train spotting

Evolutionists will tell you this, we are but automatons with one purpose, to carry and pass on
    our/the genes; survival machines.

Celibacy, not only in action but in thought too, allows one to witness the power of this drive.

I hope and believe there is more...still searching

Ghislain

P.S. Hiding away from any temptation doesn’t count

Know thy self. Alchemical sex is not about satisfying lust or drives.

Some years back I saw THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW. It was about the discovery of the active ingrediant of the zombie powder. The procedure was long and drawn out, involved dozens of obscure ingrediants prepared in very precise ways including having to dig up a corpse and include a brain biopsy specimen. The process had to be done at certain phase of the moon, celibacy for the shaman making it might very well be required. 99% of the process was misdirection meant to conceal the actual critical factors. Chances are the formulation was arrived at by trial and error and picked up lots of baggage along the way. As it turned out, the ONLY active ingrediant was puffer fish toxin, tetrodotoxin. Whether any of the shamans making zombie powder actually knew what the significant ingrediants were or not is unknown.

Ayahuasca is a similar situation. Every tribe has it's own formula. It is brewed as a two part substance, the women making one part and the men making the other. The two parts can be mixed at the last minute in varying proportions for intended effect. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if celibacy was required for the brewing in at least some tribes. There are two main active ingrediants out of the dozens of actual ingrediants; one containing DMT, and that is common in many herbs, and one containing an MAOI. Sometimes tobacco is included for the modifying effect of the nicotine and various other herbs might also modify the effect. The DMT level taken orally is totally ineffective without the MAOI. Some formulations don't include the active ingrediants and are used for "cleansing" (worming) only and are not psychoactive.

Everything else was chaff, to mislead, whether intentionally or accidently. Most alchemical writings are just like that.

Blog Entries
    True and spiritual celibacy concerns the ego's attachements to this world.
    You can have sex, food, money, power, knowledge etc or any other 'thing' you want, and have no dependency or "lust" for it since you are not the sex or food, or money you can have. This is of course a state of "enlightenment".

Now I agree retaining semen can be a source of energy, Mantak Chia tells us how. Same thing with women's cycles. Some say it is not possible to attain enlightenment without keeping one's semen inside, this is simply not true.
    Bhakti Yoga, based upon devotion, Jnana Yoga about bugging the mental are not based upon physical fluids, and work very well for their purpose of creating void and bliss + kundalini rising.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread