Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Bitcoin

"THIRTY years from now, Americans, Japanese, Europeans, and people in many other rich countries, and some relatively poor ones will probably be paying for their shopping with the same currency. Prices will be quoted not in dollars, yen or D-marks but in, let's say, the phoenix. The phoenix will be favoured by companies and shoppers because it will be more convenient than today's national currencies, which by then will seem a quaint cause of much disruption to economic life in the last twentieth century.
    World currency ?
    Bitcoin
    Satoshi Nakamoto is the name used by the unknown person or people who designed bitcoin and created its original reference implementation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto

The law says they have to telegraph events and plans

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post

World currency ?
    Bitcoin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto

https://musicpleer.bz/#!c48a204bd722...10fc355230c62d

Blog Entries
    Well if a world currency does come about, it won’t be bitcoin. Bitcoin is first generation, slow transaction-resolution times, and has scalability issues.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Indeed

There was this thing in Mr. Robot, eCoin I think, developed by eCorp (Evil Corporation) to be a replacement of all currencies... If memory serves and I'm not mixing up different TV shows

I know people are "investing" in Bitcoin, but I had a weird intuition about it back when it started. I was quite interested in earlier days, theFool here really helped me to understand a bit (!) how it works, but then I started to have this feeling that this can be the ideal way to assume worldwide control over ALL money supply. Maybe it sounds like I'm wearing a tin foil hat and screaming"conspiracy", but think about it... how it was branded as to have such mass appeal, while at the same time countries like India and China were buying gold by the ton... Hmm...

Gold, BTW, is not considered a currency but a commodity. At least after dropping the gold standard.

I have many clients, and a very small percentage of them are multi-multi-millionaires. Not just "well to do", but the "real deal", so to speak. None of them have any interest in crypto, but ALL of them have gold bars and gold coins in private safes, and access to food and off-the-grid energy "for a rainy day". They're not "tin-foil wearing doomsday preppers", not at all, it's just what they chose to have as a backup plan. Just saying...

Regardless, I hope those people here who bought some bitcoin or any other crypto-currency will be able to sell at the right time and make a good profit. There's some "crazy" talk on the web connecting block-chain with AI and centralized control, but I don't want to get into that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    ...I started to have this feeling that this can be the ideal way to assume worldwide control over ALL money supply...
    There is already worldwide control over all money supply, and that is where cryptos comes in.

Personally I am hoping Bitcoin will go down a lot, so I can buy more. Rumours on Crypto-Wall Street is saying that after this current drop it will never drop again (unless it totally implodes). Whatever happens, hold on to your hats.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Maybe it sounds like I'm wearing a tin foil hat and screaming"conspiracy", but think about it... how it was branded as to have such mass appeal, while at the same time countries like India and China were buying gold by the ton... Hmm...

Gold, BTW, is not considered a currency but a commodity. At least after dropping the gold standard.
    If to look at some ancient Eastern texts, they were treating gold as if it was very easily available. Some later texts were saying that sages knew at least 20 ways to produce gold.

I think that when science will stop being a playtool of some oligarchs, a lot of people, who invested in gold, will have a very nasty surprise.

Also don't forget, that when big guys say "we don't believe such thing (stock, futures, etc.) will grow", such thing WILL grow, and they secretly buy it while suppressing the price by verbal intervention. When big guys say "we believe such and such thing will grow, you are fool not to buy it", it means now big guys will be selling it and they want to avoid causing massive price crash.

Big guys are saying that crypto is a fluff, but they buy whole electrostations to semi-secretly mine cryptocurrency, and one of big organizations bought all videocards in my land in 1st half of 2017, so common people were stuck being unable to buy/upgrade/replace GPUs for their home PCs.
    Last edited by Warmheart; 5 Days Ago at 08:23 PM.

Thanks for replying to me JDP
    its nice to know my posts arent ignored by everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post

World currency ?
    Bitcoin

THIRTY years from now, Americans, Japanese, Europeans, and people in many other rich countries, and some relatively poor ones will probably be paying for their shopping with the same currency. Prices will be quoted not in dollars, yen or D-marks but in, let's say, the phoenix. The phoenix will be favoured by companies and shoppers because it will be more convenient than today's national currencies, which by then will seem a quaint cause of much disruption to economic life in the last twentieth century.

Intriguing, right!

Thirty years ago and it even has "2018" written on the bird. Makes ya think!

I appreciate you posting this.

In homage of your image, I think it appropriate time to remind others of the 2015 and 2016 covers as well...

+ Reply to Thread