Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you lifted the veil?

Have you lifted the veil?

Have you visited/seen/experienced other dimensions or realities like the astral plane?or have you encountered spirits/other worldly consciousness/fringe phenomenon?
    or in general has your alchemical path lead you to places/experiences which are deemed magic and fairy tales like ayahuasca trips or maybe extremely deep meditation etc?

No need for elaboration if not wished but I believe that most users here are trust worthy and hearing/seeing the experiences of others will convince, at least myself, more than books that the "other side" is not something you should/must merely believe but can/will experience with time and determination each at his/her own pace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    ayahuasca trips
    You mean without psychedelics only?

have you encountered spirits
    I have a few experiences from childhood (one which resurfaced recently due to me reading a book about the god Pan).

Where I live, in Northern Europe, Fan (or Pan) is a big part of our folk lore. One day, in the woods outside my kitchen window, I saw him sitting on a stone. At first I thought I was imagining things, so I closed my eyes and opened them again and he was still there. And then he vanished.

He sat exactly like in the above picture, although he had, according to our local tradition, a violin instaid of a pan flute as well as a human head.

There is another instance of me as a kid stumbling into a Spaceship in the forest, but this memory is very clouded and I cannot be certain it is not an imagined one. Either it is that or a surpressed memory.

But Pan (or Fan) I clearly saw.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

thanks dev what you describe is exactly what I mean, very interesting.has the encounter with pan changed the way you view the world or lead you on your alchemical path or was it only when you were older in retrospect that the meeting with pan became meaning?

btw strange you would mention pan, (s)he/it is something I had synchronicities with the last month as in that character seems to be turning up everywhere...from miley cyrus promoting pan sexuality to the movie pans labyrinth it seems to me this entity has some special relation/desire towards kids and is one "leitmotiv" of pedophilia in todays world

Blog Entries
    Well I don't know what it means yet... but it was a kind of "hello" situation. A meeting. Then now I am reading Jitterbug Perfume about Pan and Immortality. So maybe this is a very wide circle that is completing now. LOL.

I have never forgotten it that is for sure. I was about 10-12 yrs old.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Have you visited/seen/experienced other dimensions or realities like the astral plane?or have you encountered spirits/other worldly consciousness/fringe phenomenon?
    or in general has your alchemical path lead you to places/experiences which are deemed magic and fairy tales like ayahuasca trips or maybe extremely deep meditation etc?

No need for elaboration if not wished but I believe that most users here are trust worthy and hearing/seeing the experiences of others will convince, at least myself, more than books that the "other side" is not something you should/must merely believe but can/will experience with time and determination each at his/her own pace.
    My answer is yes.
    My answer is also that mostly ALL the magical paths I know lead there... and they do it somehow "fast".

My comments on this issue are:
    -"Belief" is not the key word here... at least not in the sense that Religions use the word.
    -It is easier than you are probably imagining.
    -It can become deeper with time and dedication... and it's always possible to go further.
    -It is an excellent idea to do it under the frame of a specific magical system and not in a very chaotic way... because it's a bit dangerous. Dangerous in the sense that it's more or less similar (though not identical) to a psychotic hallucination, but guided by a rational system and specific methods. The "danger" of doing it in a chaotic way is getting superstitious or becoming a megalomaniac idiot (Aleister Crowley would be a perfect example of this case, even if he wasn't "chaotic").
    -Do not get *obsessed* with the sense of vision... the first step is to feel the presence of what you are dealing with, feel its energy (very similar than when you are with a person and you close your eyes, but you can feel that the other person is still there and such thing does not involve any kind of "belief")... the *image* will come with time, but "feeling the presence" is the best way to start.
    -"as within, so without".

dev: sry responded yesterday but somehow my message seemed to have gotten lost due to bad internet on my part.

Maybe it really is a very wide circle coming to fruition if you think about it.allthough I have always been interested in the paranormal/esoteric I never had a meeting with a spirit in such a way(rather electronics go broke,things fall down without any wind,my pc writing strange messages to me without internet,dying twice I think etc).Pan or a spirit posing as Pan will have better things to do, own agendas to fullfill, than to appear to just any random child.You don´t know the meaning of your encounter yet but still have never forgotten and went on in your life to become a big distributor and contributor of alchemical/esoteric knowledge and even bringing like minded ppl together in this forum or your podcast...me for instance if I hadn´t found this forum/got accepted I would still walk the spiritual path but my idea of good/evil, alternate worlds,life/death would be a completely different one.So what I am trying to say is that the reason why you don´t know the EXACT meaning of your encounter with Pan yet maybe is because the explanation/reasoning couldn´t have been grasped by your child you.But still it was important to have the event happen before the cause/explanation...maybe just for the simple reason so you would spent a big part of your life searching for it..

zoas23
    thanks for your answer I tend to like the things you mention because I always got the feeling as if you were some kind of artist(in spirit not profession ^^ ) so when others give me explanations and information you try to draw a picture,thats why imo I see you very often express thoughts through music/ youtube links....personally I am the complete opposite which is why I treasure such perspectives here/friends.

I am very bad with mathematics and I am very bad with drawing/creating images but I always,imo, was extremely good at feeling my surroundings and people which is why I studied psychology/play poker for a living = all about feeling/reading people.the reason why I mention this is because what you say about feeling the energy/pressence.I have always felt it and I am feeling it now...to me it is like I can clearly feel the "fringe" so clear like others feel the warmth of sunrays but no matter what I try or do I can´t seem to take that final step behind the veil, allthough I somehow can "read" or rather feel the future,only my personal future, with extreme accuracy...hard to explain but somehow I feel like a walking and breathing deja vue ^^.

so what to do?if someone like you mention has no problem on the feeling the energy part but rather on everything else?does it mean that I have the aptitude but am lacking on the energy part or does it mean that I am missing the right approach/cultivation method for me personaly?Please don´t get me wrong I know that I must and will find these answers on my own so I won´t make you responsible for pointing me in the right direction, I would just appreciate for you to share your thoughts on this

Blog Entries
    Yes could be... actually it might be more a Faun than Pan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faun

I just said Pan trying to translate "Fan" into English... but seems to be closer with Faun (although Faun's are connected somewhat with Pan).

I did also learn that Pan is where the word Panic comes from, which I thought was interesting.

About a year ago I was sleeping in my room (after eating a massive steak dinner) fell asleep around 8pm and woke up around 11-12pm. I was having a dream, i nkew i was dreaming and for some reason I decided to open my eyes. After opening my eyes I realized i was in sleep paralysis (for my first time ever). What i saw was a large/tall 3 dimensional shadow standing next to my bed leaning over me, So right away i closed my eyes again (because i was scared) and I was back in my dream (interesting). While i was in my dream this gave me some time to clam down, relax and think!

Luckily about a year before this I made the decision that if any unknowns "spirits/ghosts/entities/whatevers visit me was because they are scared of me and the reason they are visiting me is to try and scare me.

So I remembered this fairly quickly so I opened my eyes and it was still there. we basically looked at each other for I don't nkow how long/short period of time, (I don't remember time really existing) until I blinked a couple of times and it disappeared. After It was gone I sat up and caught my breath and said "ok".

As I was going back to sleep I closed my eyes and was seeing trippy visuals (like the shit you see on shrooms when you close your eyes) I just thought this is interesting, I can't do much about this lets go to sleep. This was the only time an experience has happened to me, besides a dream I had something offered me 15 million dollars to sell my soul and I almost signed some book.

interesting one of my friends sisters Takes medication that increases potassium levels in the body. And one of the side effects is sleep paralysis and seeing similar dark 3 dimensional shadow visuals as well as dark tone voices. My friend told me she has experienced some really scary shit like, spiders all over her bed, people ("demons") talking different languages RIGHT beside her in her ear, little creatures running around her room, etc.
    Last edited by Cheetah Bunny; 04-20-2016 at 08:28 PM.

zoas23
    thanks for your answer I tend to like the things you mention because I always got the feeling as if you were some kind of artist(in spirit not profession ^^ ) so when others give me explanations and information you try to draw a picture,thats why imo I see you very often express thoughts through music/ youtube links....personally I am the complete opposite which is why I treasure such perspectives here/friends.

I am very bad with mathematics and I am very bad with drawing/creating images but I always,imo, was extremely good at feeling my surroundings and people which is why I studied psychology/play poker for a living = all about feeling/reading people.the reason why I mention this is because what you say about feeling the energy/pressence.I have always felt it and I am feeling it now...to me it is like I can clearly feel the "fringe" so clear like others feel the warmth of sunrays but no matter what I try or do I can´t seem to take that final step behind the veil, allthough I somehow can "read" or rather feel the future,only my personal future, with extreme accuracy...hard to explain but somehow I feel like a walking and breathing deja vue ^^.

so what to do?if someone like you mention has no problem on the feeling the energy part but rather on everything else?does it mean that I have the aptitude but am lacking on the energy part or does it mean that I am missing the right approach/cultivation method for me personaly?Please don´t get me wrong I know that I must and will find these answers on my own so I won´t make you responsible for pointing me in the right direction, I would just appreciate for you to share your thoughts on this
    I decided to be involved with several Hermetic Orders during my life... most of them very focused on magic. Such thing gave me the opportunity of knowing which one has been MY experience, but also seeing which one is the experience of others and which ones are the typical urges that most persons have.

The typical urge is that everyone wants to "see" something... but that's not how things usually happen.

i.e, a typical ceremony can be invoking the 4 elements in the 4 sides of the Temple (East, South, West, North)... there isn't any "right" system to place the elements (I know at least 7 or 8 different ways to place them in the cardinal point and all of them are "right", they simply follow a different logic... though it is interesting to know the principles behind the logic you are using).

Of course, depending on the system you are using, this invocation will be absolutely different.

BUT the first step, without caring which system you are using, would be to FEEL the energy of each element in its cardinal point. i.e, feeling the Air, then the Fire, then the Water, then the Earth... and perceiving how each one of them feels different, how each one of them gives you a different "vibe"... and become familiar with this feeling.

After doing such thing for some time, then maybe it's a good idea to relate these energies with a color... i.e, when you face the cardinal point that you relate with "fire", you can try to start visualizing the color "red"... so now you have an energy and a color... don't feel desperate if you don't "see" the color red the first time you try it, just project there the idea of "red" and relate it to that energy you are already familiar with... the IMAGE of the "redness" will come with time.

If you keep on doing it, then that feeling and that color will probably begin to create a defined form, an image

And if you keep on doing it... with time, this image may show you something else about its nature.

This whole thing is just an example of a typical ceremony related to the 4 cardinal points and the 4 elements (there are other alternatives that place a 5th "cardinal point" in the center and relate it with the spirit).

I am not suggesting that you should begin with the elements and the cardinal points... this is just an example and the same thing is true if you are more interested in planetary forces, zodiacal forces, chakras in your body or Gods of any given pantheon.

What you said about Poker is OK... you are used to feel the energy or "vibe" that different persons have... so it's very similar, you should begin with feeling the energy of that force you are dealing with... after some time you may start relating that image with a very simple image, just a color... and the "figures" or "forms" will come later. So don't get desperate with the idea of "seeing" something and take it easy.

Another tip, that is related to the "Dead Feeling" thread of yours:
    My advice is that it is not a good idea to get obsessed with ceremonies... a ceremony per day is good... 50 ceremonies per day is obsession.

(Same thing happens with literature... if what you read is 100% books classified as "Occult" books -and I am including "alchemy" here-, then you will for sure become very unbalanced... So it's OK to read a novel, poetry, fiction, etc... and such thing won't go against your understanding of "occult" books. I.e, Canseliet arrived to marvelous ideas reading "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift... he also liked to hang around with André Breton, the leader of the Surrealist movement -who was far from being a "Saint"-... and I'm sure that these experiences made him the amazing writer that he was... if he had spend the WHOLE time reading alchemy books and imprisoned in his Lab, then he would have probably been unable to become interesting or worthy and his books would be incredibly boring).

zoas23 thank you for your detailed describtions, I will have to try them out a couple of days first before being able to see if they fit my nature so a thx and a question in advance.

from a general view what would you consider being the goal of meditation or cultivation as a whole. to store up more energy/chi in your body and to refine this energy to higher degrees with your mind to gain higher degrees of access and useability of the energy which looks on the outside like abilities (telekinesis,clairvoyance etc)
    or is the goal to advance deeper into ones mind/soul and try to gain higher degrees of understanding and thus be able to travel deeper and deeper even beyond the boundaries of this reality which looks on the outside like astral travel,lucid dreaming etc.
    I assume cultivation is a mix of both(at least for me) but my question is which route do you choose and why, enhancing/refining the energy stored in your body and mind with techniques like pranayama, qui gong,tantra etc or enhancing/refining the knowledge/consciousness/enlightenment with shamanistic trances,psychedelic trips,astral travel etc

Another tip, that is related to the "Dead Feeling" thread of yours:
    My advice is that it is not a good idea to get obsessed with ceremonies... a ceremony per day is good... 50 ceremonies per day is obsession.

(Same thing happens with literature... if what you read is 100% books classified as "Occult" books -and I am including "alchemy" here-, then you will for sure become very unbalanced... So it's OK to read a novel, poetry, fiction, etc... and such thing won't go against your understanding of "occult" books. I.e, Canseliet arrived to marvelous ideas reading "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift... he also liked to hang around with André Breton, the leader of the Surrealist movement -who was far from being a "Saint"-... and I'm sure that these experiences made him the amazing writer that he was... if he had spend the WHOLE time reading alchemy books and imprisoned in his Lab, then he would have probably been unable to become interesting or worthy and his books would be incredibly boring).
    the dead feeling thread is from someone else, cheetahbunny so that your valueable tip doesn´t get overlooked by the right person

Cheetah Bunny

thank you for sharing quit interesting encounter! has this in some way changed/shaped your outlook on life,was that th starting point of your "fringe" interest?what about your female friend is she into this kind of stuff as well?from the females I met in my life with some kind of "encounter" they tend to seek the passiv path as in spirit conjuring,tarot,possession,wickan/gnostic routes of submissivness (modern witches) and men tend to seek the active path as in alchemy,planewalking,esp,meditation etc.I can only assume it is do to the female body/mind being more in tune with the ying energy and thereby being the object which is being shaped by some other energy rather than shaping some other object with ones own energy yang...well just a guess ^^

+ Reply to Thread