Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you lifted the veil?

Thanks JinRa. yes this has encounter has changed me. It has changed the way I interperate certain things. example: in a song the guy says "I get paid millions to work the night shift". I imagine the dark figure working the night shift and wonder if its getting paid millions for it? Small stuff like that, even in harry potter movies when they fly around and they're either black smoke or a bright white smoke. I did practice trying to self induce sleep paralysis for about 3-4 months straight every night before I would go to sleep. I got into sleep paralysis 1 time and it lasted a very short time. If felt as if my mind/soul stayed put, but my head rolled when my body fell asleep and it woke me up :/. I did find it better in a different way when I tried to preform sleep paralysis during the day in sunlight vs. at night. Either than that I haven't had much internal questions about what The dark figure could have been or where it came from, everything is still unknown.

No, I don't have any friends that are into any of these things. I have 1 friend and she's into crystals and I scared her away from witch craft because I might have conjured a demon in her room. And yes I agree with you, you can notice in social society and nature. its the males role to approach the female and initiate the relationship/conversation. thats a good educated guess. Sounds like energy genetics combined with bio genetics.
    Last edited by Cheetah Bunny; 04-21-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    zoas23 thank you for your detailed describtions, I will have to try them out a couple of days first before being able to see if they fit my nature so a thx and a question in advance.

from a general view what would you consider being the goal of meditation or cultivation as a whole. to store up more energy/chi in your body and to refine this energy to higher degrees with your mind to gain higher degrees of access and useability of the energy which looks on the outside like abilities (telekinesis,clairvoyance etc)
    or is the goal to advance deeper into ones mind/soul and try to gain higher degrees of understanding and thus be able to travel deeper and deeper even beyond the boundaries of this reality which looks on the outside like astral travel,lucid dreaming etc.
    I assume cultivation is a mix of both(at least for me) but my question is which route do you choose and why, enhancing/refining the energy stored in your body and mind with techniques like pranayama, qui gong,tantra etc or enhancing/refining the knowledge/consciousness/enlightenment with shamanistic trances,psychedelic trips,astral travel etc
    Pardon me for confusing you with Cheetah Bunny. I'm having complicated days due to an unexpected health problem of a member of my family who's been hospitalized... So my mind is a bit "gone" and writing on the forum is probably relaxing, but I am focused on something else.

As for the specific question you ask:

-I do not use any Eastern symbolism (with "Eastern" meaning "Japanese", "Chinese", "Tibetan", etc)... but mostly because I think that it is important to have a good RATIONAL understanding of the system you are using... and I don't have a good understanding of the deep philosophical roots of those cultures. I lived for 2 years with a person who had that knowledge (a person with Asian ancestors and an Asian culture), but I feel that getting into such currents has to involve a deep study of of a whole culture (in the same sense that I don't think that spinning around emulating a Sufi Whirling won't make anyone become a "Sufi" and it is necessary to study a whole culture, be familiar with the Arabic language, have a proper guide, etc).

Though I do use some breathing techniques that come from Eastern traditions (using the world "Eastern" in the same sense that I used it above).

Having said such thing, I do not perceive what you describe as "two paths" in my own personal case... So I guess that my answer should be "both of them", but I don't even perceive them as "two" things but "one" thing.

What I explained you in the previous post, again pardon me for my confusion... I think it should work with any system that you choose, because it's not actually a "system", but mostly a description of how to go step by step on training the mind.

A condensed version of my tips could be:
    1) Choose a system (or several of them, but it is better to begin with just one... though in the long run it is good to be familiar with several linked systems or your views may get too narrow).

2) Don't get desperate about seeing something... the first step is to "feel" the energy you are dealing with.

3) The first visions will probably be very simple... a "color" or even the "idea of a color" is good enough.

4) Defined shapes will come later... though have in mind that some things don't even have a "defined shape".

5) The "flow of information" will begin in the very first step of this process.

Last, but not least... inside = outside. "Know Thyself" is the path to the "Outiside"

Strawberry Moon Revelation

I do not even know where to begin, forgive me, I feel i must write.

It all started yesterday when an enormous supercell storm hit the country where I live and passed exactly above me with huge hail falling in three waves that decimated cars, crops and trees, spawning a tornado Fairly close to me:

[image url invalid]

Not photographed by me. Tornadoes of this magnitude do not happen where I live.

That supercell continued to live on and on and is currently still alive now somewhere in Russia!!!

This is an incredible lifetime and an incredibly long path for a consecutively active storm system!

After the storm the news were all reporting the catastrophic damage and I just couldn't watch anymore so I went to continue studying but, disrupting me again, a news clip on my tablet caught my attention. It was about 5 kids drowning in 48 hours in rivers and lakes in Serbia, all boys. As I searched the net for more news of drowning, I found many news of people drowning in the past 5-6 days, including a great tragedy on a Russian lake where 14 people, of which 12 kids, drowned during a storm.

Stricken with sadness I wondered what does this mean, is there a cause? As I searched for it a church calendar on my table caught my attention, and realized that the day before (Sunday) was an orthodox christian holiday called Descent of the Holy Spirit onto the apostles - to the Spirit - Trinity. As I looked onward, I've found that it is an orthodox adaption of the pagan holiday which lasted a whole week called Rusalke - Rusal week.

Rusalkas were believed to be malevolent female water demons who were girls who drowned before their wedding or who did not have a funeral.
    http://www.starisloveni.com/English/Rusalka.html

I suddenly became very fearful of them so I called my good friends and warned them not to go swimming in lakes and rivers until tomorrow. Some listened, many told me I went mad...

I've also found that they are afraid of garlic, which I didn't have at the moment, and wormwood, which I have in abundance as I'm using it to enhance my learning, both college and life. I took a handful of dried, cut wormwood leaves and stems and scattered it around the house, especially on the beds and put a little into mine, my mother's and my sister's pockets. I also left an open baggie full of it under my pillow. I had no Idea why I was doing all this, thinking only that it couldn't do harm and I felt like I was just having fun testing stuff...

By the time all this was done I noticed it's past midnight and, instead of taking a bath and preparing for sleep, I rolled up a wormwood cigarette, filterless, smoked it and drank a glass of water solution of borax I'd made a few weeks ago to experiment with defluoridation of the pineal gland(melatonine), hoping that sleep would kick in sooner. I proceeded to take a bath but didn't fill the tub out of the fear of drowning(Rusal week, remember), instead I just let the shower pour lukewarm rain onto me as I laid there reminiscing the day until I've insensibly fell asleep. The uncomfortable bathtub woke me up and reminded me I should sleep in my bed so I dragged my body barely making it to the bed when it happened. I couldn't sleep, it was insomnia in it's worst, but I have a cure for it that never failed me before.

It's a Yoga exercise of relaxation where you start focusing consciousness from your toes and move slowly to your head removing the tension as you go, I'm sure you are all familiar with it as it's also used to induce astral projection. This time however I barely made it to the knees when suddenly my whole body went numb hurling me instantaneously into a state of sleep paralysis, the pre-projection state. I immediately thought "No! I need to sleep! I have a super shitty-busy day tomorrow and I need energy!". I have a "cure" for sleep paralysis too, I simply gather all of my willpower for some time, releasing it suddenly in a furious pulse in order to make a forceful twitch of some part of my body, usually the hands, so the paralysis is broken. But it came again, almost uninvited and much stronger, buzzing in the ears, very tense and vivid, this time upsetting me very. I've barely managed to break it, it took me three pulses to produce a very weak twitch. Just when I thought I'd finally fall asleep it encased me again, with a feeling of everything spinning with acceleration and rushing of buzzing electric current of immense power through my body, enormous paranoia seized me. Millions of thoughts were racing through my mind louder and louder, and I realized that this is surely the end, I won't survive.

Then the most amazing happened. I heard a voice, my voice, clearly through my ears as if I've put my mouth on each of them, saying "Let it go" in the most serene and peaceful manner I've ever spoken. In my language that is spoken as a single word: "pusti", pronounced "poostee", literally meaning just "Let". And I did. I do not know how I did it. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Immediately I was sucked out of my bed, as if I was in a car, a really fast car and someone just hit the gas and didn't let go. I flew straight through the roof, into the dark sky. It wasn't that dark actually, the dawn just started to break. As it grew brighter colors changed, shapes flew by which, I'm certain, are impossible in this dimension. Suddenly I ended up in the dark, but it wasn't pitch black dark, it was more of a "light" dark, I cannot explain it. From this dark shapes started appearing, like grayish-purple ripples at first, taking forms of people and trees and gradually they melded into a forest atop of a mountain, I remember I couldn't see the sun but the sky was very bright and not blue but yellow with a tint of purple maybe, I don't know... there was a lake shining brightly like silver with many many glistening white swans gliding through it effortlessly. On the shore stood an old man with long beard and hair, he seemed to speak to many children that were sitting around him in the sand but i couldn't hear anything. They were all naked. From my left people started appearing, flying between the trees, they had wings, men slowly swung theirs with amazing strength that made the tall grass and flowers sway and break, women fluttering gently like dancing between the trees above them. They started landing near the old man in some kind of a crouching position, collapsing their wings like a bird, then they just let their wings fall to the ground, approaching the children making them stand up. I remember thinking they came to pick the children up from school. I couldn't help but stare at their wings on the ground, they looked like they were made out of swan feathers. After a while I've noticed they were all looking at me. I felt warmth somehow, no fear was present. I felt invited so i was approaching. I've noticed there were wings on the ground next to the children too, but they were smaller. Their eyes were of strange color, like a tint of a color I couldn't discover, I didn't recognize. I've come close. The old man smiled at me. He then bent down and i knew he was bowing so i bowed too. When we got up he was holding one pair of those wings I didn't see him pick up. I stared into the wings and I had thoughts. He must have sent them. In the wings I saw triangles, a square and a circle. I was seeing how the wings work, or rather a wing-suit. It was so simple. I couldn't believe how simple it was. As I looked up again they all had wings on, they all crouched while spreading them. Then they all suddenly jumped and fluttered up like a flock of scared pigeons when a curious child runs through it. I've felt like a very violent force hit me and right after I was in my bed, alarm ringing, my eyes so wide open they hurt. I immediately grabbed my dream journal which was next to my bed and scribbled what I could remember about the wings first and then the rest of the dream/projection.

I was absolutely exhausted and figured I'll read it later but now I need to get at least 15 minutes of sleep to gain some energy for the exam. As I lay in the bed a headache was creeping in. Insomnia. The headache worsened, mid-left frontal lobe was beginning to feel as if pierced by needles. No sleep - I could repeat the exam questionnaire again, I figured... Headache. Went to the exam - fail cum laude. I came back home and tried to sleep - headache induced insomnia. I never take pills unless it's life or death situation but now I was really ready to. Out of the blue I pulled out the dream journal to see what was that all about and, as soon as I've started reading the beginning, the headache started easing!!! YAY, I thought, I can study now! Grabbed math, first equation - HEADACHE!!! It was all clear.

So I've paused college for now and started to look for a job, it is time for man to have wings.

And today I find this - yesterday's full moon was the 2nd full moon of the season, first one being in May, in the first degree of Sagittarius, second one being yesterday in the last degree of Sagittarius, also coinciding withthe Summer Solstice!!! = the Strawberry Moon

-Balance the fiery Sun with water-

By the way, the projection happened somewhere around 4 A.M. at the start of daybreak.

Love,
    ExtraEgo
    Last edited by Awani; 12-12-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    A condensed version of my tips could be:
    1) Choose a system (or several of them, but it is better to begin with just one... though in the long run it is good to be familiar with several linked systems or your views may get too narrow).

2) Don't get desperate about seeing something... the first step is to "feel" the energy you are dealing with.

3) The first visions will probably be very simple... a "color" or even the "idea of a color" is good enough.

4) Defined shapes will come later... though have in mind that some things don't even have a "defined shape".

5) The "flow of information" will begin in the very first step of this process.

Last, but not least... inside = outside. "Know Thyself" is the path to the "Outiside"
    Ideally one would rather not lose the imaginative capacity in it's full sensory orientation as a child, but you could also condense this and say "it's the redevelopment of imagination in its purest form".

It is my experience that as soon as one has the capacity to receive information, the information will start to flow. It's the "having ears to listen" thing... if you don't have ears, you cannot hear what is being said! But as soon as you get ears, you can hear what is being said. Could not be more simple, just replace the idea of "ears" with "imagination that includes all the sense". Like a child.

Of course there is also the matter of making sure that all the wax is cleared out of the ears, otherwise you start hearing things that are not exactly what is being said, but bits and pieces and you fill in the gaps and spin all sorts of strange falsities, like only half hearing things, or the way people misunderstand lyrics "excuse me while I kiss this guy"! One may say, remove all things that are not truth. How do we know then what is truth and what is not? What is the yardstick? Well perhaps know the source of falsehood first, so you know what to remove. That which is misheard will be edited and corrected after the fact by an internal process that is tied to ego and memory. Its an altogether different experience as well - the falsehood is a "oh hey this is kinda like that other thing" type of event, where you invoke an intellect to rationalize it, whereas the event of the "hearing" is felt as a direct experienced and accepted without the need for some sort of internal intellectual rubber stamping. The falsehood is filtered.

It's a bit of a theory of mine that especially with how much more visually oriented we have become after the invention of electricity (advertising, lights, colors, endless neon signs, etc) the capacity for imagination is subdued - perhaps due to the sensory overload of the visual centers somehow dumbing down the inner visual creative capacity. Then again I think modern day advertisers are well aware of the power of suggested imaginability. Of course one could see even before the invention of electricity that the fascination with visual aspect took off (just look at advancements in the art world in regard to the development of perspective). Not saying that necessarily was part of the diminishing of the capacity to be imaginative, but served as a foreshadowing for the centuries of purely visual overstimulus that came afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Natura View Post
    Ideally one would rather not lose the imaginative capacity in it's full sensory orientation as a child, but you could also condense this and say "it's the redevelopment of imagination in its purest form".
    Nice comment.

I have a HUGE fascination for Visionary Literature. A Person I like a lot among the visionary writers is Hildegard von Bingen. I don't always "agree" with her views, but I appreciate her ideas.

Anyway... I made this comment because there is a fantastic book by Theoderich von Echternach, who was his biographer (working with written testimonials of a previous biography by a monk called "Gottfried" who was helping Hildegard to write her biography, but they couldn't finish it).

The book is available, as far as I know, in Latin ("Vita S. Hildegardis virginis"), German and Spanish... I could not find it in English, though maybe it has been published in one of the several "compilation" books about Hildegard (I don't know, it's just a guess).

Well... the interesting thing about this book is that it has 3 chapters. One of them, the one that makes it worthy for me, is completely devoted to the Visions of Hildegard... but rather than investigating their content, the book reproduces her testimonials about how they happened... and it's interesting in the sense that she completely demystifies the process of "having a vision" and explains the process in a very clear way.

She heard things, but she was mainly a "visual person"... and it's interesting to read how she describes that there is nothing truly amazing in the process, that she didn't get into a "trance-state" or got "captured" by visions... that everything was very subtle, just like the imagination... or even almost like "day-dreaming".

That's an interesting book to read if you are into Visionary Literature of all ages.

Blog Entries
    Yes the old wisdom of closing your eyes to see, be quiet to hear and stop looking to find is, basically, the only philisophy needed IMO.

Paracelsus always raved about the powers of the imagination, and how patients that had the right state of mind were easier to heal.

The longer the child is kept alive within the smarter you become.

CHILL... child
    A DULL... Adult

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I have astral projected since I was 12. The key is learning to meditate long enough to fall asleep while staying awake. It takes practice. You will feel the body go into sleep paralysis and will feel the numbness overwhelm you. The blackness behind your eyes will start to unfold images that normally are associated with dreams but you can see them while awake in real time. Once the whole body is asleep if you can push further you will experience the vibrational state which is the chakra system opening and allowing the spirit to separate, the chakras are like magnets that keep the spirit intact. Luckily once you separate there is still a connection to the solar plexus chakra while out of body that keeps you grounded even while away. This is the plane of the ascended masters, they dwell there now, not just in the past.

Well, it's been some time since this post and I am still nowhere near making the wings. I've entered a kind of a putrefaction stage it seems, all my efforts being in vain.

Also, this post might belong in JinRa's "Have you lifted the veil thread" so I would be thankful if a mod would transfer it there and delete this thread, and I will try not to start new threads if similar threads exist. - Thanks dev!

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Natura View Post

It is my experience that as soon as one has the capacity to receive information, the information will start to flow.
    I am usually not very intuitive but analytical and calculated, but I think I was as a child, maybe all of us were. A child does whatever the child feels like doing, this seems to be a necessity for the flow. Also, the astrological factor may be very important, for me it seems to be the full Moon. I guess the Moon's gravity and magnetism play a great role in making the soul more fluent, which might explain some full moon lunacies(wink wink, nudge nudge dev ).

Of course, practice is required, I have been trying to project for almost 7 years now, my greatest achievement before this being a brief swim out of the body and flying through the roof just to be pulled back immediately.

In my experience the hardest part is the vibrational stage. You may induce it easily by practicing the yoga relaxation excercise mentioned in my previous post in this thread, but once you get the vibrations, enormous concentration and inquiry is required in order to surpass the fear and let go the flow just to see what happens next, what is around the corner.

A bit of planning your sessions in accordance with astrological conditions might be very helpful too and maybe a herb or two.

Love,
    ExtraEgo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mode note: posts moved to correct thread
    Last edited by ExtraEgo; 12-13-2016 at 03:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread