Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: An Alchemical Dream

Blog Entries
    If you ask me, the best take-home from this thread is the quote I posted quite some time ago, from the Labyrinth Designers website:

"Is there a third way?"

"Yes, but only by means of special tools. No pelicans, distillation apparatus or crucibles. Probably the most ancient and secret among alchemical ways, the third way mainly involves fields of physical forces, which are unknown to the most orthodox ways. This way has much in common with the so called Ars Brevis, or brief art, although cannot be considered a synonym."
    It's what I can currently describe as the closest thing to my own research M.O. during the last few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Ok, I see.

In chemistry, when performing a synthesis, there are always at least two substances involved as starting matters. In any case the resulting substance(s) show(s) different qualities than the starting ones.

Any acid/base reaction for example can be an interesting allegory for certain alchemical operations.

According to the theory, the acid for example gives its proton to the base and therefore can be seen as the male/father/agens and the base as the female/mother/patiens.

When acid and base (sun-father and moon-mother) are mixed in the right pondus (ratio), you can get a more or less boring liquid (water, neither acid nor alkali) and after a special treatment of this water (boiling) it drops an earth/salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post

One image that stood out was me lighting a fire by a waterfall. It was a recurring image and I am yet to make sense of it.
    Like This?

Another sequence of images involved two 'matters' in a vessel. One matter was relatively 'pure' in terms of 'code contamination' or 'corruption', and the other matter appeared to be acting like an 'eraser' (eraser of 'code'), to peel off the superfluous layers and leave behind only what cannot be erased (because it was never created). What's left behind after all 'created matter' is 'deleted', is the one matter of our stone. All there was left to 'happen' in this sequence was for the UN-created seed-matter to become fixed and perfected over a gentle fire, over the course of a few days only.

I can't say what the two matters are, I can only assume there is a possible variety that meets the requirements.
    Or there are no two matters but a single matter fulfilling all the criteria mentioned.

"Is there a third way?"

"Yes, but only by means of special tools. No pelicans, distillation apparatus or crucibles. Probably the most ancient and secret among alchemical ways, the third way mainly involves fields of physical forces, which are unknown to the most orthodox ways. This way has much in common with the so called Ars Brevis, or brief art, although cannot be considered a synonym."
    Alchemy begins where there are no pelicans or distillation apparatus, it is the first way. Don't know why Labryrinth guys have written so.

I find their answer odd for some reason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Like This?

Yeah, something like that.

Alchemy begins where there are no pelicans or distillation apparatus [...] Don't know why Labyrinth guys have written so.
    The quote also says "no crucibles".

ICH also claims to describe "how to prepare the universal tincture without (glass) vessels."

"(...)wie die (...)Universaltinktur ohne Gläser (...)zu bereiten.."

Yeah, something like that.

Where there more than 1 fireplaces in that dream as the picture above or only a single one which you were trying to ignite?

Regarding crucibles, they are used, so I left it out deliberately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings;
    Where there more than 1 fireplaces in that dream as the picture above or only a single one which you were trying to ignite?
    One fire.

Don't know why Labyrinth guys have written so. I find their answer odd for some reason.
    Regarding crucibles, they are used, so I left it out deliberately.
    The quote is whole in the way it is was posted, because it refers to a different approach, which is also without crucibles (or at least not necessitating them).

+ Reply to Thread