Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: An Alchemical Dream

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious: This is a description of reducing the starting matter to its 'first matter' (prima materia, proton hyle) by the action of the Philosophical Mercury.
    In this case, this 'deleting of code' process in fact results in the emergence/appearance of 'Our Mercury'.

The involvement of 'Mercury' is not as one of the initial ingredients, but as the 'end result'. Again, in this case/approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    In this case, this 'deleting of code' process in fact results in the emergence/appearance of 'Our Mercury'.

The involvement of 'Mercury' is not as one of the initial ingredients, but as the 'end result'. Again, in this case/approach.
    I think this depends on the terminology you use.

Prime matter can be called Mercury (as opposed to form or Sulfur), but what I meant was the universal solvent. This must of necessity carry the principle of undifferentiateness itself, to be sure.
    Last edited by Michael Sternbach; 06-19-2016 at 04:59 PM.

This is from the website of an amazing Italian lady with whom I had the privilege to conduct some private email exchanges in the past.

The FAQs section on her site, after dealing with the 'Wet Way' and the 'Dry Way', adds the question: "Is there a third way?"

And the reply is:

"Yes, but only by means of special tools. No pelicans, distillation apparatus or crucibles. Probably the most ancient and secret among alchemical ways, the third way mainly involves fields of physical forces, which are unknown to the most orthodox ways. This way has much in common with the so called Ars Brevis, or brief art, although cannot be considered a synonym."
    Hello Andro, What about to use some word or a sentence or a prayer or an invocation? What i mean is something like put a vaccum flask in a tripode and then wait for the full moon, then in a certain hour speak the word or the sentence or the prayer or the invocation. Do this for one day before the full moon, in the full moon and one day after the full moon, three days. But the question could be, which word, sentence, prayer or invocation to use?

Perhaps the fire is that word ( vibration, movement) and the waterfall is the precipitation of SM into the flask.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Hello Andro, What about to use some word or a sentence or a prayer or an invocation? What i mean is something like put a vacuum flask in a tripod and then wait for the full moon, then in a certain hour speak the word or the sentence or the prayer or the invocation. Do this for one day before the full moon, in the full moon and one day after the full moon, three days. But the question could be, which word, sentence, prayer or invocation to use?

Perhaps the fire is that word ( vibration, movement) and the waterfall is the precipitation of SM into the flask.
    Having recently re-watched X-Men - First Class, I would suggest that whatever you say/pray, do it in a state that is the mid-point between Serenity and Rage... That's where the cool stuff happens

This anger and rage point is very interesting. There have been many occasions when I have been standing in my little lab room reviewing ongoing work: that seemingly unbidden feelings of anger and rage have risen up in me from no apparent source. My response is to psychologically sublimate them by shifting my mind to spiritual contemplation and a precarious balance, a battle even, between these occurs. Time can fly by as I stand there subject to two contending forces.

Not sure this is directly lab Alchemy but what you observed Andro is interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Not sure this is directly lab Alchemy but what you observed Andro is interesting.
    Internal alchemy, yes. The base emotions, anger, rage, lust, etc. are all connected to our sexual energy.

Serenity, tranquility, enlightenment etc. are connected to our 'spiritual' energy.

The Taoist Tiger and Dragon, or the western Sulphur and Mercury.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

If the emergence of these two forces (Tiger and Dragon) is a common event in practical Alchemy. I can see why the saying ora et labora is mentioned frequently. Though for me it is more et operam praestare magicae - labour and perform magic, generally of the Franz Bardon variety.

Having recently re-watched X-Men - First Class, I would suggest that whatever you say/pray, do it in a state that is the mid-point between Serenity and Rage... That's where the cool stuff happens
    Yes, always in the midle. But, which is the word we need to speak? like Moses when God suggest to him to speak to the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    But, which is the word we need to speak? like Moses when God suggest to him to speak to the rock.

God gave moses the ROD and told him to speak to the FACE of the rock in front of AARONS TRIBE while holding the rod in order to receive water from the stone. Moses STRUCK the rock instead, twice in anger to prove that god could produce water from the rock (why twice, didn't it work the first time???) and water came forth, but god was angry that moses disobeyed him by hitting the rock instead of speaking, so he had AARON brought up to a mountain where AARON died as a punishment, and then AARONS TRIBE cried for 30 days.

There is a parallel storyline here - water from the face of the rock and water from the faces of aarons tribe. Aarons tribe is being disobedient towards moses, and moses is being disobedient towards god. God punishes Aarons tribe by having aaron die, just as moses punished the rock by hitting it. The water that came from the rock is called "strife" - because although it quenches the thirst of people and their animals for a while, it did not quench a deeper thirst, and so they continued to suffer afterwards in their journey. The same word is used originally in hebrew for both ROD and TRIBE. Moses was to hold the rod and speak, as in he was supposed to hold the tribe and speak, but he punished them instead just as he punished the rock. Both incidences led to water being released. The same story is being told twice, once in the micro (moses-rock-tribe), once in the macro (moses-tribe-god), and we are shown that they are linked (as above...)

As for the word that god wanted moses to speak in order to get water form the face of the rock, it was that he wanted moses to "treat me as holy" in front of the congregation. It was a word of sanctity and worship.

I think there is a story being told here that doesn't really have much to do with rocks and water, but intentions and actions and results.

Something else interesting about the staff (rod), but this is a bit of an aside: known as the w3s-staff, it's design looks like a long tuning fork with a feathered head on the opposing end. Think static electricity and harmonic vibrations. It's design is also a "hook" on one end and a "Y" on the other - meant for navigating through bushes (push pull staff).

Many interesting avenues of exploration here, and keeping with the spirit of what this thread is originally about, I think this story is showing us something more meaningful than first appears. This double story that is self referential on different scales is something that is innate to the code - but we are usually sidetracked in the illusion of what the code is saying (the message,) instead of what the code is saying about its own nature (the medium). The idea of sanctification of god is an act that cuts through the nature of the code to connect directly to source (through da'ath), but this was something moses was not capable of doing, or at least something he did not want to do. The code itself will always contain multi-leveled meaning, as it's in its nature. Something to do with the arrangement of the synapses versus the arrangement of ideas that live in the fields created by the synapses. That superimposition of the organic with the ... electric. The sanctification cuts through this because it bypasses it all-together.

Can it be that the code contains an awareness of the source, and no matter what it does it cannot reference anything without also referencing this unreferenceable source? I think so. I think this is why we can find meaningful explanation in many stories, fairy tales, etc... that all speak towards that one thing that cannot every be spoken about and must be kept secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Natura View Post
    Can it be that the code contains an awareness of the source, and no matter what it does it cannot reference anything without also referencing this unreferenceable source? I think so. I think this is why we can find meaningful explanation in many stories, fairy tales, etc... that all speak towards that one thing that cannot every be spoken about and must be kept secret.
    Or could it be that there are no secrets, but the one thing has no words that can describe it and thus it is left to metaphors and similes?

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread