Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    One proof the Flat Earth folks have is: if the Earth is spinning why don't we feel it moving.
    Probably due to the fact that when you throw a ball in the air while travelling 60mph in a car it doesn't fly backwards.

If you threw the ball out of the window it would appear to fly backward in relation to you, but to someone in the street it would be travelling at great speed in the same direction as you.

At the equator people are travelling at about 1000mph in relation to the Earths axis. They would certainly know the world had been spinning if you suddenly stopped it

In the pic above I'm at about 12,000ft and you can see the curvature even from there.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 05-25-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Ghislain as I mentioned before I am neither a flat earth beliefer nor a globe earth one.All I say is that there are things which violate the rules of the world and its science we all have been taught.Since I do not know more than that I neither can proof to you that the earth is flat nor that it is a globe ^^.

But I can try to share the observations I have gained regarding your questions

JinRaTensei In a "flat-earth" theory how would one explain satellites orbiting the globe showing pictures of know geographical areas continuously with no end?
    no satellites and photoshoped pictures.all communication said to be done via satelitte is supposedly transmitted through highly advanced transmitter towers on land developed from prototypes of nikola tesla.the technology has been around for about 100 years

When pictures were taken of Earth from the moon why did it not depict the whole layout of the world in all its glory.
    How could it? the earth is said to be a globe and the moon is said to be almost 400K km so how could a picture from the moon show the entire world no matter if flat,round or whatever?due to the angle of the shot every object would seem 2 dimensional and flat.

But I dare you! if we truly have been to the moon/space dozens of times as have the russians than find me a single real not computer made photo from earth in all the history and science books,all videos there is not a single picture of earth which is not a photoshoped fake not a single one.if you look closely you can even see how 70% of all pictures of earth from space have one and the same cloud structure copied and pasted 7 times in each single image due to laziness.

if all it took was a astronaut to take a selfie with his handy than how come we don´t have a single real picture

Why does all the mathematics for a rotating globe in relation to all that is around us work.
    does it? or does every math,science,chemistry has a point where they have to guess or more formally called they have to use constants,variables and assumptions.black matter,pi,and all the other constants which have to be what they are so that our modern science can function don´t people find it funny how science can have these things? or how people can just accept 97% of the universe being unknown black matter and pretending with it being labeled black matter it is all the same and can easily be used for mathematics in quantumphysics......if you don´t know what the fuck it is than how can you calculate and call it something other than guessing and fantasy.
    the moon for instace is not 400k km away because the first rocket measured the distance but because it has to be 400k km away to fit current science.

btw talking about rockets...how does a object move in vacuum like space is supposed to be when the minimum requirement for any kind of movement is the ability to have some matter to reject from like air...how does a gasoline fueled rocket do this magic trick which is impossible to the laws of our beloved science.

Why do ships sailing away always disappear over the horizon?

There are many more questions like this, but as it is not something I have put my mind to perhaps mine are a bit weak.

How thick is this flat earth?

What is on each side of this flat earth?

What happens when I come to an edge of this flat earth?

I do not know and the speculations regarding the edge is even a bit to wild for my taste but it is believed like in almost every religion also mentioned that at the outer most edge of the world one would find a giant dome or fishbowl encircling us from the heavenly waters...which is believed what space truly is,liquid...

but these are mere thoughts nothing one can check and observe and verify or falsify like the things I mentioned before

btw: awesome picture I am jealous because of never having sky dived ,each time I checked in germany one needs a special license to dive alone or have a trainer shove his dick at you in a tandem jump constantly which makes it sky falling and not sky jumping ^^

as of the curvature what kind of a lense does your camera have a rectangular or a oval one? I would guess the later if not I guess the curvature has been proven although I still would not belief that the two suns thing and the seeing objects in the distance can merely be put off so easily and take further examination,imo.
    Last edited by JinRaTensei; 05-25-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    There are many phenomena that can explain seeing vessels at greater distances than one would expect due to the horizon effect.

have a look HERE.

The two sun thing can be scientifically explained too due to refraction...why were these events not reported by the many observatories around the world?

When we see a massive sunset on the horizon are we to believe the sun just happened to come much closer for that moment in time?

Ghislain
    It's called Sun Dogs... and it's not new. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dogs (the most usual phenomenom would be to spot 3 suns instead of 1.... but 2 can happen too).

I don't really agree with JinRa here and I'm quite close to the position of Dev, but I love how JinRa dared to defend an idea that for almost anyone is absurd... because such thing made me connect OTHER ideas.

For some reason the idea of a "hidden sun" and a "hidden part of the Earth" made me think of the very early Pythagoreans and their model for the Solar system ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythag...nomical_system ) with a hidden "Anti-Earth" (or "Counter-Earth") and the universe spinning around an Axis of a Central Fire (which is not the visible sun, though the visible Sun reflects the light of this fire)...

And then I remembered the thread of True Puffer [the BEST name anyone had in this forum... it's one of those names that makes anyone think: "I wish I could have thought about it before!!!" ... even if he decided to switch to T.I., which is nice, but not as amazing as T.P.).... The thread of Alchemy in Magical Grimoires.... and I thought of this "Central Fire" and how it was quite *forgotten* by the following neo-pythagorean lines that existed after the early pythagorianism.

And I remembered that the one who brought back the idea of the Axis of Central Fire is Pasqually in his Treatise of the Reintegration of Beings (and then Saint-Martin in many books, always following the ideas of Pasqually)....

And whilst I don't think the early pythagorean model of the universe makes much sense, I LOVE the idea of the "central fire"... and I thought that it could be of interest to True Initiate (either reading the few fragments of Philolaus or reading Pasqually or Saint-Martin).

zoas23

It's called Sun Dogs... and it's not new. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dogs (the most usual phenomenom would be to spot 3 suns instead of 1.... but 2 can happen too).

I don't really agree with JinRa here and I'm quite close to the position of Dev, but I love how JinRa dared to defend an idea that for almost anyone is absurd... because such thing made me connect OTHER ideas.
    thank you for that piece of information very interesting!although it also makes me a little sad...how mysterious would a world with 4 suns be ^^.have to look deeper into this.and although the existence of sun dogs does not automatically disproof the multiple sun theory it is far more likely and logic...curious name to call it sun dog, helios canis or so o0.
    also thank you for not considering me to be an complete idiot for holding every theory as possible as the next one as long as not falsified!

For some reason the idea of a "hidden sun" and a "hidden part of the Earth" made me think of the very early Pythagoreans and their model for the Solar system ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythag...nomical_system ) with a hidden "Anti-Earth" (or "Counter-Earth") and the universe spinning around an Axis of a Central Fire (which is not the visible sun, though the visible Sun reflects the light of this fire)...
    hearing things like this subconsciously always have to think of hitlers or rather himmlers SS.many don´t know that the SS stands for Schwarze Sonne or black sun, which is believed to be some esoteric agenda regarding an inner earth sun giving of electricity not warmth as the normal sun is supposed to...it is said that this black su is the heat/light/power source for the inner earth inhabitants of shambala(positive good) and agartha(negative evil).people like nikolas röhrig and his himmalaya expeditions tie into this.
    no idea if the nazis used pythagoras for their thesis but i find them strangely similar

the idea of the Axis of Central Fire
    microcosm = macrocosm if there truly would be a axis of central/inner fire in the universe it would not be to far fetched to assume that there would also be a inner axis of fire inside planets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    thank you for not considering me to be an complete idiot for holding every theory as possible
    Neither do I. And I agree that every theory is possible. The main purpose of me creating this thread in the first place was because I have been debating this topic on other forums, on facebook and elsewhere for a while now. I wanted to debate it on "home turf" so to speak.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

thank you dev very kind of you!it is not that I feel sad or something when somebody disagrees with me but just that I automatically "defend" myself in such situations so sryy for maybe coming of a bit strong in this regard.one of my flaws I achieved in this society surrounded by people who look at you as if you are crazy or satan himself if you mention things like alchemy,spirituality,conspiracies etc. got to get used to the fact that this seems to be a haven for intellectual misfits as I am sure society would view this community...the rest will think we are all old men with long beards trying to make gold out of rocks in dark basements XD.

Blog Entries
    Well you got to use stealth when talking to normal people. But personally I like the look on their face. Just today I told a co-worker I am going to a conference in Romania about consciousness. She laughed at the idea and did not really understand why one would do such a weird thing. I laughed back.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

XD true I learned the stealth thing early on...only problem being I neither want to lie nor do I feel ashamed for my opinions so I always have an urge to just be open with people...but we all know where that would lead to XD

each time I hear anything of Romania I think about wanting to visit the castle of Vlad Tepes which is said to not only be haunted(tourist catch) but also send of very strange energies and vibrations and that one should never spend the night alone in the subterranean rooms of the castle ^^

always thought Romania to be one of the most "magical" parts of europe with if I am correct the biggest forest of europe...Romania must have many spots where modern men have never said foot on,adventure ^^

Blog Entries
    Romania is amazing. Beautiful. Backpacked once for a month. But be sure to go to the real castle. There is a fake one "Bran" that all the tourists go to. I followed the trail of Vlad Tepes when I was there. In fact that was the reason I went.

just awesome!

+ Reply to Thread