Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ....I'm in....

Blog Entries
    I do also want to put in here, that I know that many of you, take a great amount of pride behind the way that you post, its content and grammer ect... And I'm sure that I will reach that phase in my Alchemyforums membership. But this is still a new, invigorating experience, and I am enjoying it far too much to be bogged down by specifics or cohersion at this particular time.

Not to say that I will not reform, and begin, slowly, to, not only behave myself, but also use perfect grammer, sound logics backed up by recorded veiwpoints... ect....

I just cant be bothered, right now. ( I seriously have no time, my lab isnt even set up, which is probably a great factor towards my mania.)
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I know that many of you, take a great amount of pride behind the way that you post...
    I would not call it pride. Rather trying to keep a certain level of excellence. I mean if I come to your house I don't take of my shoes by throwing them around... rather I place them side by side, by the door. That is not pride... but courtesy.

I just cant be bothered, right now.
    Just keep in mind that when your grammar/spelling/punctuation and capitalization is worse than those that have English as their second or third language it can be annoying. Probably more than half of the most frequent posters do not have English as their first language. So make an effort.

After all we are conforming (to your language)... how would you enjoy the forum if we began writing in German, French or Spanish?

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Nice, nice.. all true. Thank you.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    I didnt really mean pride in the modern concept aka ego, more just the old school, self respect aspect of the word.

Blog Entries
    self respect

Blog Entries
    Indeed

Talking about respect and self-respect... I recently did a "private poll" asking several alchemists if they were working with the Lana Terzi method and where they live and which one was their result in terms of quantity as to confirm an idea I had. I posted a summary of the results in the "Solar Path" thread.

Anyway... I obviously talked about other issues with many of them... with one of them, I don't know why, the conversation went to the subject of accidental self-poisonings in alchemy. Persons who died after consuming something that was not meant to be consumed or died during a "crazy" experiment. I had this conversation with someone who is here but doesn't post much. He talked to me about some deaths he knew and then added something that can be relevant for you: "I would not be surprised at all if ElixirMixer comes next"... and I said that I agree.

I recently saw Dev giving you the advice of NOT playing with "mad scientist" methods when it comes to DMT and other substances... some time ago you wanted to consume some sort of acid, can't remember which one.

You mentioned several times that you have a wife and you are planning to have kids with her... Think of them when you are at your lab. You have a weird tendency to do "weird things" which are potentially fatal and may end up with you self-poisoning yourself. Respecting yourself also involves "playing safe" (I would also say that such thing also involves respecting your wife and your future kids). I'm sorry if it sounds rude, it's not the intention... but it would not be cool at all to see someday a "R.I.P. ElixirMixer" post... and if you don't begin to play "safe", then I won't be surprised to see it soon.

Well put Zoas, I second everything you said.
    Except for one thing....as I understand Elixir Mixer already has 1 child.

So Mr Mixer, you owe it to your child not to take any home made elixirs until he is fully grown up (eg 25+).
    By all means, set up your lab and puff away.....but no drinking your potions.

Looks like this thread is turning into an intervention.
    ==================================
    "Show me a stone which can cure cancer in 1 week,
    and I care not whether it transmute base metal to gold."

Blog Entries
    Well, Im sure its soarly needed, as I tested my own immortality today buy dancing in a cloud of HCL NaOH and Ether. Only minor acid burns. Big explosion though. I must be greatful, because Jesus loves me and allowed me to keep my face today.

I will put up a full summury of my humbling stupidity later on today.

Continue intervening, please. I think I need to bite this bullet and grow up.

As long as you're not hurt, any other damage doest matter.

Seems that you just verified by experiment that ether indeed forms explosive peroxides.
    I always wondered if it was an urban myth....but there you go....looks like it's true after all.

IMO, ether can be handled by backyard chemists. From memory.....the explosive peroxides can be prevented by keeping copper metal in contact with the ether. And any existing peroxides can be removed by distilling over iron sulfate.
    "Show me a stone which can cure cancer in 1 week,
    and I care not whether it transmute base metal to gold."

+ Reply to Thread