Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: One in purpose

Blog Entries
    If indeed the earth we live on is a Jammertal... Then the soldier/captain is the selfish one... he gets an early exit ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Another example, that gives a slightly different viewpoint to this topic would be a soldier in war, who draws the attention towards himself (with the high probability of dying), to give his team members the opportunity to flee and survive. Or a captain who is the last man standing on the ship before it sinks, to organize the flight of the passengers and other crew members.

Blog Entries
    Often selfishness is seen as a lack of consideration for other people. Like cutting in line instead of waiting for your turn. But such acts is not really selfish because "how does it serve the self" to have a group of people send negative energy your way?

Or if we start a business and I secretly take more of the money for myself, because I am selfish... I should have more... it does serve me short-term, but eventually I will loose more in the long-term. So with all this in mind it is not really selfish... more self-damage...

LOL.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    If indeed the earth we live on is a Jammertal... Then the soldier/captain is the selfish one... he gets an early exit ticket
    With "Jammertal" I was only quoting some of our favourite alchemists like ICH, Siebmacher and the GuR guys, who got that term from the bible of course (in short: bad body full of original sin - good spirit/soul as the true, clean and pure). You sure know of what I'm speaking.

And BTW, why is it that you often try to ridicule examples that won't fit to your claims? I only try to give additional viewpoints to the topic. Or is it not like that and it has something to do with a planet that is moving into the opposite direction than usual? That means from a geocentric worldview.

Blog Entries
    And BTW, why is it that you often try to ridicule examples that won't fit to your claims? I only try to give additional viewpoints to the topic. Or is it not like that and it has something to do with a planet that is moving into the opposite direction than usual? That means from a geocentric worldview.
    I wasn't aware of this... If this is what comes across, I apologize. But my "style" is often to give alternative interpretations to alternative viewpoints... Possibly even more so when Mercury is Retrograde

If you knew me in person, it would be a very different experience... Believe it or not, I'm actually a very nice guy. Maybe bit "challenging" at times and not the most flexible person, but altogether quite palatable

With "Jammertal" I was only quoting some of our favourite alchemists like ICH, Siebmacher and the GuR guys, who got that term from the bible of course (in short: bad body full of original sin - good spirit/soul as the true, clean and pure). You sure know of what I'm speaking.
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ICH View Post
    "Man is composed of body, soul and spirit, each principle has its property; the outer body or person is a living death, a dark blanket, a dead grave; it is the curse, the dwelling wall between God and the souls. The man who with all his heart loves this living death, and carries out its will, and after the teachings of Christ does not hate it, he is a child of hell; Satan has his seat in him and sends away the divine light from the soul, and so it darkens forever. If only man would kill this living death while being alive, kills it under the cross, so that this old carcass becomes a fertile field in which a precious pearl resides, a good thing, a pure noble Salt body, which, when the dust of the underlying elements cursed by their transient nature are lain down (for the elemental flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, for it is born of curse) on the day of resurrection, will rise up in Christ; it becomes a house of purified souls by means of Christ's blood, whereby the body and the soul are once more illuminated by the light of God and become equal to the angels of God, as Christ teaches. His body is then a pure Salt, a good thing, his soul a Fire, his spirit is a divine light and power, which is light, Fire and Salt, or body, soul and spirit, a new image born by the spirit of God, to the triune God as eternal praise."

I wasn't aware of this... If this is what comes across, I apologize. But my "style" is often to give alternative interpretations to alternative viewpoints... Possibly even more so when Mercury is Retrograde
    Understood. Thank you for this explanation! I'm curious. Can a planet in retrograde be an excuse for bad behavior? Is it possible to give it the responsibility of my (bad) actions, instead of taking the responsibility myself?

If you knew me in person, it would be a very different experience... Believe it or not, I'm actually a very nice guy. Maybe bit "challenging" at times and not the most flexible person, but altogether quite palatable
    As you said somewhere else: Maybe we'll see.

Of course.
    Neglecting the practical aspect of this part by ICH (it's actually a quote from somewhere else, if I remember correctly), it's interesting that according to the text, if you follow the teachings of christ and love your body, you are allegdly a child of hell.

Now the only possibility to escape satan and hell seems to kill the body under the cross, while still being alive (and doing the opposite of what Jesus teaches).

In the past quite some people flagellated and tortured themselves (e.g. their sinfull bodies in the name of what they believed was god). Do you think autoaggression can be a key?

Buddists (as far as I understand them) think they must overcome their physical body (together with it's needs) through meditation, as it will be useless in the afterlife anyway.

In harmonizing the opposites of my axis example some posts ago, you get "knowledge of despair". Unless those two won't breed happiness as a third thing, said concept of happiness seems to be lacking there (maybe it's somewhere in between near "hope").

To get to the point: The body imo is all that's fun: Sex, eating, aso.. Even meditation is experienced as comfortable, because of muscle relaxation and the decrease of blood pressure and pulse. All the emotions are felt through the body. Without the reactions of the body, there'll be no fear. Same with joy and happiness.

Some hardcore lutheran protestant pietists preach(ed) excactly this: Joy=body=bad

Considering the strong connection of pietism and the GuR (including ICH here), can this be

a) just an expression of protestant believe system
    b) the urge/need of self-punishment
    c) useful for practical labwork only
    d) a universal path to free your spirit/mercury (commune) e) a paradoxon?

I'm curious. What do you think?
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 3 Days Ago at 03:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Understood. Thank you for this explanation! I'm curious. Can a planet in retrograde be an excuse of bad behaviour? Is it possible to give it the responsibility of my (bad) actions, instead of taking the responsibility myself?
    Mercury Retrograde does not cause "bad behavior" and should not be blamed for it. What it does is mess with communication (more than during "usual times"), interpersonal and otherwise.

I don't take the "body"-related quotes as "religious". I believe the religious cover is just that: a cover. The body can be fun, but entropy is always lurking...

Did you know that light cannot interact with itself? I read some studies that light is not really existing in "time" as we know it. More like an everlasting present.

To "generate" time, it needs MASS, so it needs to do so by proxy (starting at the quantum level, with neutrinos, electrons and up).

When Fulcanelli mentions "The End of Time", perhaps there is a deeper meaning to this...

"Suffering" is not really what we consider it to be. It's not a stand-alone, isolated feeling. It requires a larger context/continuum to be properly understood.

Suffering is the "sine wave", alternating between gradients. Let's say, ecstasy on one extreme and despair on the other.

Happiness HAS to be defined by it's opposite(s)/oppo-sames, otherwise we wouldn't have any way to know we feel it, no point of reference.

So suffering is not just suffering, suffering is the whole fluctuating wave-function, across the entire spectrum/continuum of feelings. It's all the same "feeling" basically, differing only by degrees. How can we tell where "cold" ends and "warm" begins on a thermometer? How can we tell where "pleasant" ends and "happy" begins? Not may degrees of separation between "hate", "dislike", "like" and "love"... Suffering is not just "suffering". Suffering is the entire Up & Down riding of the waves, the ebb and flow of the entire function.

PS: No, I have no desire or intention to flagellate myself
    Last edited by Andro; 3 Days Ago at 04:01 PM.

I just saw a film about modern version of Robin Hood, he married and his wife became pregnant. That Robin Hood happened to get a huge heritage from his mother and he gave it all away to other people, and he never stopped his way of life.

Result? Efforts of his mother were wasted, and Robin Hood never worked a single way of his life so he never knew value of money. His son was born without father, because father had to constantly hide from law, and his wife and son had no roof over their head, because father was so selfishless and gave away all his belongings to the needy.

I also noticed an interesting paradox in life, when those who cry for justice and selfishness the most, they are the most unreliable and will betray you in the very moment of need. On other side, outwardly cynical and "egoistical" people are those who will save you when everyone else turned away from you.

I am interested to hear what people can say about situations and paradoxes like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    I also noticed an interesting paradox in life, when those who cry for justice and selfishness the most, they are the most unreliable and will betray you in the very moment of need. On other side, outwardly cynical and "egoistical" people are those who will save you when everyone else turned away from you.
    My own life experience has led me to very similar conclusions. It's not really absolute, but it has been true in my own experience, more often than not.

If/when I meet someone who claims that his/her life purpose it to "help other people", I don't walk away. I fucking run

Did you know that light cannot interact with itself?
    With "light", do you mean electromagnetism in general, as what we perceive as light is but a small part of the spectrum? Energy can be an expression of waveform and frequency (of electromagnetism) and with Einstein you get the connection of energy and mass. Time indeed seems to be different from what we experience near black holes (who have a lot of mass).

I confess I never really got the possibilities of Schroedinger's equation, which is a necessity imo to fully understand quantum mechanics, so I can't really say something about that.

I read some studies that light is not really existing in "time". When Fulcanelli mentions "The End of Time", perhaps there is a deeper meaning to this..
    Besides this you think?

Blog Entries
    I mean light BEFORE it becomes energy and/or mass (via proxy). As in E=MC2

Fulcanelli's "The End of Time" sounds to me not like some apocalypse doomsday & subsequent "ouroborian" system reset, but more like the end of Entropy.

LIBERATION.

+ Reply to Thread