Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Re-Interpretation of the Emerald Tablet

Blog Entries
    I have problem wrapping my head around the frequent use of "limitation". Can you elaborate.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    If during a mushroom ceremony the Mind is trying to wrap itself around the infinite, limitless expanse and sensation of the Sensational... then in this context the "limitation" is the "mushroom ceremony". As long as this limitation -- or definition -- exists, in either ritual or mindset or subconscious influence, a person will never be able to go beyond the "mushroom ceremony" limitation.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing!

I suppose the most important part of the "limitation" comes through on the mental plane. How do we define 'God'? We cannot give 'Him' any one attribute, and it's best to circumnavigate 'His' definition through the negative.

It is not a plant. It is not an animal. It is not a mineral.

But It is within these things.

This is a very common approach, which expresses the idea of "limitation" I've been experiencing lately.

I suppose the main point "limitations" is trying to express is the difference between ego-experience and... "Self-experience"?

At least, that is my current interpretation of this re-interpretation...

So, in the theme of the thread, the One Thing adapts itself to manifest as "mushroom ceremony" or "I am not a plant"...

Haha if that makes sense.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    The first time I came across the "law of limitation" was in a conversation with a Demonologist, expressing his experiences evoking either Lucifer or some other "Lord of the Earth".

Limitation also deals quite heavily in "fixation".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Haha if that makes sense.
    No. Still trying to wrap my head around what you mean exactly.

I suppose the main point "limitations" is trying to express is the difference between ego-experience and... "Self-experience"?
    If we continue with the "mushroom ceremony" allegory I feel that when you have a big enough dose you will have, what Terence McKenna calls, a boundary dissolving experience. You loose the "ego" bit and enter a "limitless" perspective (which I guess could be the true self). So in this scenario where does the "limitation" aspect appear?

Sorry if I'm slow to get your point.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    You loose the "ego" bit and enter a "limitless" perspective (which I guess could be the true self). So in this scenario where does the "limitation" aspect appear?
    In this situation the "limitation" is on the fixt point of experience, so it appears behind both the ego-perspective and the limitless-perspective as the individual's unique experience -- before ceremony, during ceremony (to whichever degree a dissolution occurs), and after ceremony.

Sorry if I'm slow to get your point.
    haha, and I swear there's a point to these ramblings... maybe..
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 12-10-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    The experience is limited to my own direct experience. No one else can experience what I have experienced. If this is what you mean then I agree.

All things arise from an adaptation of One Thing, and everything is an adaptation of this One Thing according to Its limitations.
    Which would make this mean:

All things arise from an adaptation of One Thing, and everything is an adaptation of this One Thing according to Its limitations, which is the level of the individual that is using/working/making the One Thing.

?

Hell I don't know. Sometimes an "idea" is not possible to put into language, and sharing it with others might infect it with "stupidity"... perhaps better if you let it dissolve and coagulate internally till its ready and easier to present in a child level language. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Which would make this mean:

All things arise from an adaptation of One Thing, and everything is an adaptation of this One Thing according to Its limitations, which is the level of the individual that is using/working/making the One Thing.
    I agree with this particular adaptation

perhaps better if you let it dissolve and coagulate internally till its ready
    Haha, I suppose this was a test to see if the "idea" is ready. To see if it can melt like wax without smoking.

+ Reply to Thread