Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect

Most people I have discussed this with feel there are changes in the Bible. One passage comes to mind in Acts 12:4. Many feel the word Easter replaced Passover, particularly in the KJV. I honestly cannot remember if Easter was always the word or not. I would lean towards not...as Easter would not have been the term used for that time of year in the first century, at least I don't think so. Also, why would the translators insert a "pagan" holiday term into the Scriptures? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    If I'm right and this is the movie I'm thinking of, then I've been trying to locate it (its title) for more than 10 years!

I'll check now if this is the one...

Edit: No, it's not the one I was looking for... But it sounds very similar... romance reality loop, etc... The one I'm looking for involves some broken glasses at their meeting(s) at the vacation chalet, before he closes the door on her and vanishes... and a VW beetle... maybe you know it...

---------------------------------------------------------------
    I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...on-1990.16367/

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Most people I have discussed this with feel there are changes in the Bible. One passage comes to mind in Acts 12:4. Many feel the word Easter replaced Passover, particularly in the KJV. I honestly cannot remember if Easter was always the word or not. I would lean towards not...as Easter would not have been the term used for that time of year in the first century, at least I don't think so. Also, why would the translators insert a "pagan" holiday term into the Scriptures? Who knows?
    That's (probably) not exactly a "Mandela Effect"... but you are right.
    The KJV of 1611 uses the word "Easter"... the NKJV of 1975 uses "Passover".

Remember that the KJV is simply a translation and it's actually a very bad translation with a lot of problems that inherited from the vulgate, which was used as a reference, even if the Greek text was used too. (the "Easter" problem is not present in the vulgate, which simply transliterated the greek word into Latin as "pascha"... which was already a transliteration from the hebrew "pesach" [P S Ch]).

So the word actually changed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...on-1990.16367/
    YES! That's the one! Thank you!

A very 'reality loop/mindfuck' type of movie... 'The Lorelei Effect'

I can't find a download of it anywhere...

YES! That's the one! Thank you!

A very 'reality loop/mindfuck' type of movie... 'The Lorelei Effect'

I can't find a download of it anywhere...
    Gonna help you with that during the weekend... A person who is very close to me (a.k.a. my girlfriend) is into a lot of ultra-secret forums dedicated to sharing movies which are kept even more secret than the Philosopher's Stone itself... where she finds all the *impossible to find* movies. So I'll ask her to find it... if it exists somewhere on the internet, she will find it for sure (it's her secret skill).

The first time I saw her, she was wearing a beautiful witch hat and playing the sax (in an artistic performance)... I can perfectly describe the hat. She says that she never wore a hat like that in her whole life and that she wouldn't have wore one even if she had one (and she doesn't have one).

Blog Entries
    Some of my friends on FB are having a mental breakdown concerning C3PO and his silver leg in the original Star Wars movies. According to them he never had a silver leg, but apparently now he does. I personally never thought about it other than the fact that I always remembered him to be all gold.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Some of my friends on FB are having a mental breakdown concerning C3PO and his silver leg in the original Star Wars movies. According to them he never had a silver leg, but apparently now he does. I personally never thought about it other than the fact that I always remembered him to be all gold.
    I used to like Star Wars a lot and we have more or less the same age... and I assume your friends have more or less our same age too.

I think I can explain this one!

When Star Wars was released in 1977, George Lucas negotiated with the Film Company that he was going to retain the copyright of the merchandise of the film (and almost the whole of its profits). He acted wisely because the film was a success, but the revenues of the merchandise was even bigger, specially the Action Figures... and he created a parallel "industry" to the movie, which was based on selling toys.

I have just used google and with several searches of the original Action Figures of c3pO released in the 70's and early 80's.... and in most cases, the Action Figure of C3P0 was released as "all gold" without a silver leg.

Some examples of different versions of the official action figures of that time:

I didn't know that C3PO had a silver leg... BUT I had a "big version" of a C3P0 action figure (I still have it, though I recently gave it to my niece as a gift) and his two legs are golden.

Why they made the toys with 2 golden legs? I have no idea, maybe because it was easier or because it looked more attractive... but I'd say that for the people of our generation the toys were more relevant than the movie (maybe we watched the movie from 1 to 3 times... but had the toys with us every day... or had a friend who had the C3P0 toy).

My guess is that if George Lucas had decided to release all the Action Figures of C3P0 with an antenna in its forehead, then we would remember that C3P0 had an antenna in his forehead.

I remember a conversation with you about how the ancient Greek statues were painted and also about Plato's cave and VR... it's interesting how the TOUCHABLE objects we see are more important in the reconstruction that our memory does than the Virtual Images (a movie, VR... or even a description in a book).

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    There is another now about the Queen song "We are the champions" that everyone thinks ends with the phrase "...of the world". But it does not!

Although it DOES end like this in the famous live version.

So I call BULLSHIT on the Mandela Effect. I just think it stems from confusion. I would not put much weight to it.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I've liked Queen since age 16. "We Are The Champions" ALWAYS ended with "We are the champions" on the album version (I had ALL Queen albums on Vinyl).

But these are anecdotal and (if you ask me) rather lame arguments for proving or disproving shifts in reality perception. Such shifts happen ALL the time, but we (mostly) never notice them, because once such a shift occurs, it comes with its own correspondingly adjusted history, so it appears like it's ALWAYS been like this.

To actually be aware of such a reality shift, one would have to be consciously aware of both timelines, the 'previous' one and the 'new' one, as being equally valid. Also, such shifts can occur on an individual level or on a more massive scale, depending on the nature of the shift.

There are various 'tricks' and 'hacks' to 'jump' between realities on an individual level, but I won't go into details here...

Also, something such reality shifts may have in common is a coupled pair of events that might be considered traumatic (big heartbreak, loss, etc...), encapsulating the transition/cross-fade period on both ends. Such a a transition/cross-fade period can last from seconds to years.

Blog Entries
    Such shifts happen ALL the time, but we (mostly) never notice them, because once such a shift occurs, it comes with its own correspondingly adjusted history, so it appears like it's ALWAYS been like this.
    I agree with this. But the Mandela Effect groups I think are similar to Flat Earth groups... lost in their own delusion/simplification.

But perhaps so are we.

+ Reply to Thread