Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Mineral Identification Key

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    This is a cool thread. A few years ago now when I first started trying to decifer the stone, I was looking for all kind of minerals.
    I am sure there are other minerals besides Black Mica that could fit the descriptions of Fulcanelli but i am having trouble finding them. It is tough!
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    ...black, scaly, flaky, crumbly and lamellar like leaves of the book...
    It can't be allegorically a mineral? Or is it literally a mineral? In your opinion.

Shit could fit the above... but I guess that is more "last" matter than "first".

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

My understanding is the closed book represents the raw mineral matter, straight out of the mine and the open book represents worked on mineral matter. In the end it is not important what i think but what Fulcanelli has written:

Oh, i forgot to add the other name for black mica is Glitter. I mean like "G" you know!

Blog Entries
    Another good thread, TI.
    Here is a line of inquiry I have been following for the past while:

Black Oxide of Manganese.

There is a substance called the black oxide of manganese; it is a very black-looking mineral, but very useful, and when made red-hot it gives out oxygen. Here is an iron bottle which has had some of this substance put into it, and there is a tube fixed to it, and fire ready made, and Mr. Anderson will put that retort into the fire, for it is made of iron, and can stand the heat.
    Text from The Chemical History of a Candle by Michael Faraday; Lecture IV, paragraph 10.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 06-11-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

From Wikipedia:

The origin of the name manganese is complex. In ancient times, two black minerals from Magnesia (located within modern Greece) were both called magnes from their place of origin, but were thought to differ in gender. The male magnes attracted iron, and was the iron ore now known as lodestone or magnetite, and which probably gave us the term magnet. The female magnes ore did not attract iron, but was used to decolorize glass. This feminine magnes was later called magnesia, known now in modern times as pyrolusite or manganese dioxide. Neither this mineral nor elemental manganese is magnetic. In the 16th century, manganese dioxide was called manganesum (note the two n's instead of one) by glassmakers, possibly as a corruption and concatenation of two words, since alchemists and glassmakers eventually had to differentiate a magnesia negra (the black ore) from magnesia alba (a white ore, also from Magnesia, also useful in glassmaking).

It is interesting that Iron was considered male and manganese was believed to be female iron. Makes sense if we are thinking about the Little King or Regulus but the problem is that Crystal Habit is not sheat-like like a book but more of radiating needle like nature similar to Stibnite.

More proof from Fulcanelli. This time from his "Dwellings of the Philosophers":

Maybe this one?

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Fulcanelli writes of the first matter:

Where is this quote from? (It's not from "Dwellings Of The Philosophers", or if it is it is a different translation)

The only references to Epiphany in my version of "Dwellings Of The Philosophers" are as follows:

1: https://i.imgur.com/fzNefTt.png
    2: https://i.imgur.com/Sr66KhK.png

+ Reply to Thread