Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where I am (time travel)

Blog Entries

Where I am (time travel)

When I was about 6-7 years old I was sitting on a big rock in my Grandmas town. And I decided I was going to start an experiment.

I closed my eyes and focused on that moment in time. And I decided that the next time I opened my eyes I would be in the future, and I would have to "see" and "understand" where in the future I was, what I was doing and such things...

I did this exercise many times since, as recently as yesterday. I do it annually at least. I can never recall any of the previous ones because that is not the point. I only need to recall that first one.

So - for instance - yesterday I closed my eyes and I focused (again, as I have done so many times now) on that day when I was a kid with my eyes closed. When I feel I am back "there" I open my eyes again and I "see" where I am and I see it with new eyes.

Doing this so often, for at least 30 years now, has re-inforced the playful/game-like nature of life. And it always grounds me in that little kid. I am the kid always, and when I close my eyes and go back there I just leave this present "grown" avatar. It is hard to explain...

It is kind of some sort of personal time travel excersise. I don't know what value it might have to anyone else.

Just thought I would share it.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

And it always grounds me in that little kid. I am the kid always, and when I close my eyes and go back there I just leave this present "grown" avatar. It is hard to explain...
    It is kind of some sort of personal time travel excersise. I don't know what value it might have to anyone else.
    Thank you, dev!

Personally more important than the exercise itself is the awareness your account of it brings to me. I had forgotten that I have done and still do a somewhat similar exercise since I was about 10 years old.
    I called it "time capsule" and not time travel because at that time I saw a movie where the protagonist dug in a so called "time capsule" ( a box with letters) as a child to come decades later back to the same place and dig out the "time capsule" and see if his life progressed in the ways described in his childhood letters.

The difference in "my" time capsule being that at certain points in life I "meditated" on the specific moment in time I currently was experiencing, trying to encapsule every emotion, every feeling and thought of that particular moment and than making it what I called/call a "save point" like saving game data in a computer game.

Once this was done my exercise was not to imagine how my future would be but to try to let my future adult self "travel back in time" to this point.
    I always thought it was a fairly easy concept to imagine time travel and the relativity of time by imagining yourself in the future but that it was much harder to imagine your future self, which does not exist at this point, to travel back to the here and now.

Just like you describe dev, I tried to leave my current avatar/awareness but just in the opposite direction not imagining the child inside me but the godly supreme being which I shall one day become (hopefully ^^ ) and therefor due to time being relative already am but just not aware of.

I imagine that my future self can visit these save points in my life and help my current self accelerate the process or send me important information I need for current growth.

Funny thing how powerful awareness is, I had "forgotten" this for the last couple of years and due to this it was no active part of my journey.
    Your thread made me remember again and therefor was like time travel in itself, for me. Thank you again , there are no coincidences in this global circus. ^^

Blog Entries
    Sounds nice. Whatever works, works!

I have also written a few letters to my future self when I was about 16. Still have not read them, and cannot recall what was in them... but I guess it is time to open them soon. LOL!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I have also written a few letters to my future self when I was about 16. Still have not read them, and cannot recall what was in them... but I guess it is time to open them soon. LOL!
    I bet you are in for a good laugh XD. Nothing more funny than what ones self strongly believed to be important as a child. ^^

Dear future dev,

no matter what you do, do not forget the most important thing of all, booty!!!
    You have to sleep with as many women as you can and then some.
    Also make lots of money and get a cool job like being an astronaut or professional athlete.

Ahh, before I forget donīt become some weirdo who believes in ghosts, immortality and other crazy people stuff, not cool yo bro!!

Sincerely, yours Lord Dark Saber Master Destroyer Dev ^^

Blog Entries
    LOL!

But I am afraid I might disappoint you... lots of money or women have never been a driving force ever in my life... but like I said I cannot recall details (they were written over 20 years ago)... I might make a brief report in the forums when I eventually read them.

I do seem to recall that they were more of a philosophical/spiritual nature rather than bucket list kind of content... which is weird because at the time of writing I had just become an atheist. LOL! I was in the Bible belt of America at the time, so my atheism might have just been a revolutionary position.

I do have a bucket list I wrote as a 10-12 year old... that I read recently. It was about a 100 things listed, and actually most of them I have completed (I don't look at the list ever, I just happened to complete many of them without realising it).

Some like going to the Moon and such things are still on there, undone...

Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    Sincerely, yours Lord Dark Saber Master Destroyer Dev
    The letters are written in RED INK so we shall see... lol...

Last edited by Awani; 06-08-2016 at 08:55 PM.

But I am afraid I might disappoint you... lots of money or women have never been a driving force ever in my life
    Rather positive reinforcement. ^^

I was in the Bible belt of America at the time, so my atheism might have just been a revolutionary position.
    It is hard for me to imagine what kind of societal breaking such a step would have meant for you and neither do I want to intrude or digress further from topic but
    in Germany people would consider that norm, other society other skeletons and paranoia. ^^

The letters are written in RED INK so we shall see... lol...
    Badboy in the making. XD

Blog Entries
    I have recently managed to finally get my driving license. Since this is a new "step" in life (being able to drive alone wherever I want to) it was natural for me to do my little time travel technique. Although I haven't been able to do it as well as I want to... for it to fully work I need to have my eyes closed a bit longer than I dare to when I am driving. So I have not fully "felt" it yet. But safety first. LOL.

+ Reply to Thread