Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: About Shamanism

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I have not read a word of it, simply posted it because the cover says in visual language what I strongly feel: that shamanism is the original alchemy, in the same way that alchemy is the original chemistry. Go to the source. I do own the book.
    Impossible to disagree with the statement, though other things got into the mix too (on the path from Shamanism to Alchemy).
    The cover of the book is surprising, though in a strange way... To see the two snakes forming a helix is easy in that cover and the caduceus is almost there (the stick in the middle is suggested only, but that's fine).
    But I say it is surprising because even if the Serpent was (is) important in several traditions of the Americas... I doubt you will find this specific arrangement in ANY pre-colonial American tradition (It looks Sumerian, it was also used by the Greeks, there's also Far East examples... but I don't really know any pre-colonial American example).

I was going to blame the publisher, because I don't think you'll find this design in any Amazon tradition... so I went to amazon.com (the other Amazon!)... and it is self-published.

It can be an "artistic license", but if I am not wrong, there isn't any American (non colonial) tradition that actually uses that symbol.

Other than that, I do not disagree with the point though (that Shamanism came before alchemy and alchemy can be considered as an offspring of Shamanism, that's true).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    It can be an "artistic license".
    Yes, it is contemporary. It speaks to me. No historical foundation.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies Schmuldvich.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    I cannot agree with this at all, with what little I do know of the Renaissance.
    Well, not sure I agree myself. But one thing always leads to another.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread