Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is enlightenment a trap?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    True, but I like to think that playing the game necessarily means the game is playing you at the same time.
    "Make the money, don't let the money make you
    Change the game, don't let the game change you" - Macklemore

It also works as:

Make the game, don't let the game make you
    Change the game, don't let the game change you

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Actual non-duality in the hyperdimension is more like a firewall.
    I need your definition of 'hyperdimension'. Just to get a baseline.

You then become a being of light in the neversphere
    I will also need your definition of 'light' and of 'neversphere' - to better understand what you mean.

what I'm saying is quite accurate.
    How do you know?

Cognitive dissonance will rarely allow anyone to accept it, though.
    Merely talking about it (or even thinking about it via the conscious mind's channels/receptors), already distorts/corrupts 'it', IMO.

----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 12-08-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    How do you know?
    I have been outside this dimension.
    I'm not talking about a dream I once had, or a "metaphorically I was outside this dimension, while I sat cross legged on my bedroom floor"... I mean I navigated out of my mind, left my body, and found the place we go outside that (where our soul goes when our bodies die).
    It's something that is very hard to explain, and generally tends to bring a lot of flak and scrutiny if posted about on an online forum.
    For this reason it's something I'd rather PM about.

If I were to tell you everything, dissonance would kick in and you would not believe it. (similar to the scene in Dr.strange, where he meets the ancient one for the first time)
    And unfortunately people never do believe it (why would they? most things talked about on the interwebs are gross ficticious imaginarium contructs, rarely do we find miracles of truth);
    if you were to listen objectively, however, the information would be of massive use to you.
    To anyone, in fact.
    I could tell you how to get there yourself, if you wished to go; how to navigate the realm there, if you wished for some directions for the afterlife, or just tell you about it's physical properties to help you better understand the properties of our current dimension.

It's not new information, however. It's something you already know. We all do. You just don't remember at this place in space-time.

When I went to the "hyperdimension" (the place our soul exists outside our mind-body) I remembered the place, I had intuitive feelings about things, I had emotion.
    These are all things our soul can feel.
    It seems our mind-bodies have evolved AROUND those abilities of the soul, and over time shaped our vessels to fit accordingly.

As I've said you have no reason to trust this information as gospel, but if you did keep it in mind it would surely help you at some point on your journey.
    But as this is someone else's thread, I'd rather not hijack it - and will happily continue talking about it by PM.

Blog Entries
    It's something that is very hard to explain, and generally tends to bring a lot of flak and scrutiny if posted about on an online forum.
    For this reason it's something I'd rather PM about.
    Well you have come to the right place then. We have a lot of posts and threads on this subject bordering on over exposure almost. So I wouldn't hide in PM.

I and a few others have posted pretty private things very openly.

I have been outside this dimension.
    I have as well on multiple occasions and I know a few in this forum who has too (but I cannot verify anyone elses experience). And each person has done it in different ways.

But as this is someone else's thread, I'd rather not hijack it - and will happily continue talking about it by PM.
    Just create a new thread.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    zoas23 mentioned in another thread that he does not think Ayahuasca can achieve enlightenment. This is true, because enlightenment is what is faced at the threshold of the experience... enlightenment is something one befriends. Something one lets in to one life, like a new lover. It is not something one becomes.

I think enlightenment is very misunderstood in this sense. Do I claim to be enlightened? All I know is that the Light is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    zoas23 mentioned in another thread that he does not think Ayahuasca can achieve enlightenment. This is true, because enlightenment is what is faced at the threshold of the experience... enlightenment is something one befriends. Something one lets in to one life, like a new lover. It is not something one becomes. I think enlightenment is very misunderstood in this sense.
    Well put!

"Enlightenment" (oh how I hate this word!) is something we come to know, not 'become'.

I have only flitted through this thread and so if I repeat someone else's post I apologise in advance.

In reply to the OP, I believe life to be a test, and one we will keep repeating until a certain outcome is reached.

Imagine, if you will, that we could bare children into another world where they will stay until they reach a maturity that allows them to live in peace with everyone else. So now you can be sure that the individual entering your society will be free from lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride; is this enlightenment? Can you imagine what a world like that would be like to live in?

Now think of the technology we already have today, think of life support and virtual reality; in the not too distant future this could be realised, our children could live virtual lives over and over until they realise what is best for them and the society they are about to live in. Then and only then will they be ready to join us.

War is a test, famine, disease, crime...etc is all a test; money and other material things are temptation. How will you react to it? Time is virtual, everything you see including your own avatar is virtual.

We are all children, god is not a person but a society. You will be judged and the meek shall inherit the Earth.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 08-16-2017 at 07:30 PM.

It seems that the word "enlightment" is definitely connected to some highly dangerous practices, which dissolve the very essence of practitioner into the nothingness. Their "enlightenment" can be compared to the overdose of alcohol or cannabis - the condition of total unawareness.

On the other hand, there is a path to much higher awareness, where not only you don't lose your ego, but you seem to start comprehending so much more about this world as well as your position in it.

From how I see it, there are many kinds of Initiations and some authors randomly pick some such Initiation and call it "enlightenment". Let's say someone purified Muladhara and Svadhistana and acquired some mystical experience - he started to push this experience as "enlightenment" and he pushes agenda of "abandon your ego, etc.", and thus he can't move above that point himself, as he needs to have good self-awareness to purify Manipura. Such teachers are themselves caught in illusion of "enlightenment".

Surely purifying those 2 lower Chakras is possible by abandoning yourself (or as they say - dropping off one's desires), surely you will get some great mystical experience from that, but then you are stuck and can't move any further. Simply because you denied existence to the self.

That's how I see it. There are so many unusual things in existence, I feel it is very stupid to abandon it all and dissipate in some "entity" forever, killing any desire to do anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Imagine, if you will, that we could bare children into another world where they will stay until they reach a maturity...

We are all children... You will be judged and the meek shall inherit the Earth.
    It fits with the Bible:

Jesus, however, said, "Let the little children come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom from heaven belongs to people like these."

Yes, but Jesus is of the trinity and hence god the son, thus society...and sending the children too soon is like sending cakes that are doughy in the middle

Society doesn't want doughy children lol

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread