Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: People of the Ucayali

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Does this concept only apply to people or would you include trusts, corporations, etc? Would we have countries, states, cities or do they have a shelf-life as well?
    That is good idea. Why not?

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Just started reading People of the Ucayali by Eakin, Lauriault and Boonstra. A book that describe the culture of the Shipibo-Conibo people...

(...)

And then this, which I really love:
    ...many of a person's possessions are destroyed at his death...house was burned... bow and arrows, canoe, and clothing are... burned or thrown into the river... when a woman dies... pottery made by her is broken; her clothes, pieces of cloth she wove, and even her weaving equipment are thrown out or burned...
    Are you sure that it's the RIGHT interpretation?

I mean it because there are lots of culture that do similar things, but the SENSE is quite different. I.e, quite often it is the idea of giving the person some things to take to the afterlife rather than "destroying" something.

Blog Entries
    The Egyptians buried the dead with the stuff to take with... and maybe you are right... however this group of people of the Ucayali are in relationship with Ayahuasca. So they would "know" that there is no reason to bring a bow and arrow.

Also even if valuable, if they wanted to bring stuff with them to the other side, then why not burn the chainsaw? The Egyptians brought gold even. Basically it does not fit, I don't think-

So I am pretty sure. And even if I am wrong it does not matter.

I still support the concept that I put forth.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

In matters of the destruction of the body: The old Zoroastrians had "towers of silence". Those were places, where they exposed the corpses of the dead to scavenging birds, in order to prevent contact between the cadaver and earth as well as fire (which were considered sacred).

A very sustainable way to get rid of biological waste matter and feed other creatures. An optimal system.

+ Reply to Thread