Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Experience With Binaural Beats

Great Experience With Binaural Beats

About an few hours ago I decided to experiment with binaural beats. I have really enjoyed playing with them in the past. I decided this time I would take them more seriously. This is a report of my experience. Much more happened than I have explained here. Although I felt it easier to just pick out the parts I felt most important.

I made myself a makeshift blindfold out of some tin foil, some kitchen towel, and some cotton pads that I had lying around. I stapled this set up to a tie to secure it to my face. I put the blindfold on, put my headphones in, and lay on the floor.

I had quite a lot of mental noise at first. Some images that were quite fear inducing. I took this as a learning experience to learn self control. I managed my emotions and told myself that I was ready to see. I did not fear whatever my mind would show me.

I then sat for some more time. Until my mind fed me some realisations. I realised that I was talking to myself. Which meant there had to be two in my head. I then thought about who they were. My mind told me that the person I felt was me, the one talking, was the 'on' parts of the brain. The whole as such, 'The Cloud'.

The person I was talking to was the language centre of the brain. Who assured me I could trust him, that his only job was to gather data and feed back to me on the data from other brain centres. He was the link to the body, but I, 'The Cloud', was pure consciousness. He said I could call him Logos if I wished.

He then told me that to show me other parts he would have to be silent, as would I. I did my best to quiet myself. Although I had many questions, at which point I had to again learn some self control.

Then I began to see the room around me. The language centre talked to me again. He was going to talk me through this, although somehow without communicating it, yet communicating it in another fashion. He made me aware that I should stay silent and observe, and that he would only say as much as necessary. It was like at this point he no longer had to talk to me as a voice in my head, but more just gave the me the full message without using language, I just knew what he was saying. Hard to explain really.

He showed me the room and made me aware that this was my internal representation system. That what the visual system did was to save an image of the room, a bit like a cookie, so that it didn't have to keep reloading the room. I came back to darkness. He advised me that this was just a taster.

It then asked me to lay and await the next part. But it may take some time for me to be ready to see it. I began to see spiralling patterns, light images, all still with my blindfold on. It felt like something was materialising. I saw a slightly blue landscape. Like everything was made out of light. And then people began to rise up out of me, at first I was scared as it seemed like there was something other than me about to astral travel from my body. It got up and stood to one side.

Then another. Then another. I began to wonder if this was my ancestors leaving my body. Something reassured me without words, almost saying "just wait". Finally I got up and also left my body. And I was standing with a group of around 8 people. I realised they all looked like me. They began to sing in tune with the binaural beats. A kind of humming noise, deep choral, like homing, it resonated right through me. I began to feel myself lift, like I was being lifted up by this noise, as they all came closer and closer to me and began to circle around me. All of a sudden I became aware of what they were. The different parts of my brain personified. I felt a overwhelming feeling of truth.

They stated that they would always be with me. And that they were going to teach me; if I was ready, and willing to put in the hard work. They told me they were going and I would need to sit in the lotus position. I fell back into my body and went to take my blindfold off to sort myself out. The voice advised me that I should leave it on. It will be a good learning experience.

I sat up, and reached around to get two pillows to put under my arse so that my legs could be lower than me. I have heard this is better for a straighter back. Then I sat there, and began to feel an overwhelming urge to smoke a cigarette. I tried to cancel it out, and began to have an argument with my mind, too much to get into here.

I was then advised that I should smoke one, that I should attempt to roll it with my blindfold on. I did so. I moved my hands around the floor to find the materials. And then once I had them I put them in an organised fashion in front of me. The voice reminded me that this was like my mind, and that I should store information in my mind in a similar fashion to make it easier to find.

I then continued to roll. And it was almost like the voice gave me a little nudge and said, "pretty cool eh?". I found that as I had done this some many times it was easy. I could literally do it with my eyes closed. It was almost like I could see what I was doing by sense of touch. It reminded me that anything could become this easy with practice, any physical movements, or thought processes.

I smoked my cigarette and it told me to relax enjoy the light show, and when I was ready to finish up. I got halfway through my cigarette and felt nauseous. I put the cigarette down and realised that I didn't want anymore. The voice stated that it was willing to give me all the help I needed to stop when ready.

I then felt a strange feeling, I was reminded of Neo in the third Matrix film, and then of the initiation of the free masons. I realised that wearing a blindfold was an initiation right. And that I had just been through it. This was finally the beginning. The beginning of something big. I was about to start the journey of knowing myself.

I went to take the blindfold off, although was advised to stop the music first. When I did, I could still hear the ringing in my ears of the beats. It was like a whole new experience of its own. I was still seeing patterns but different kinds.

It advised me that I needed to make this special. That I would have to practice this regularly. And I would have to set up some rituals, such as turning music off first, that I would have to do the same every time. And that perhaps it was worth getting a mat. And finding a few things I could ritually do before I practiced to get me in the right mainframe.

I eventually when ready took my blindfold off and looked around me. It was like I everything was more real, and yet in some strange way less real at the same time.

I enjoyed this greatly and will be practicing this more in the future. I will most likely update on progress here.
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 08-04-2016 at 12:07 AM.
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

Very interesting have to come back to this later but a questio I have which is slightly off topic.
    Did the "voice" with which you yourself spoke/thought in your mind have a special "sound"? Did it sound familiar to something/someone you know in the real world?

It advised me that I needed to make this special.
    Another way of saying giving it power or raising its vibration. Rituals are, imo, just that giving a certain idea/event/emotion/energy intent and energy. And than there are these "milestones" which symbolize a sort of internal transmutation, not just yet materialized in solid form.
    so maybe you could consider a kind of ritual which you either never in your life will repeat again or on the opposite something which you will never stop again.
    This "task" you set yourself to fullfill any ritual of your choosing is directly congruent to the amount of willpower you can/want to muster on this. This is your intent or will and is what continues to direct energy/focus/consciousness towards this ritual. the energy itself can be something "special/ out of norm" event/intention/action/thought etc like for instance saying to meditate each day for 5 minutes for the rest of your life. This would be a ritual which has a high amount of involvement and energy in itself but a low amount of "cost". On the other hand a ritual like jumping from a high bridge into unknown water only once to symbolize the beginning of a new path has low energy involved( just jumping) but high "cost". Find your balance.
    But remember initiation in former days was very often combined with true danger and harm and some would not make it due to bad luck/fate or lacking personal qualities. Your old live must die so your new can be born this is why the "cut" you can choose does not have to be dangerous( and I would not advise to seek danger!) but must be significant.
    For instance I am preparing a personal "milestone ritual"/ fresh start in about one week+. ( I like full moons for my rituals because they give me a timeframe/consistency in "real" nature and not on a calendar/clock). And to symbolize this fresh start I will do something I never have done, I will shave every last hair on my body...even my eyebrows and will become as "fresh" as a newborn baby without hair which this hopefully will exactly be a spiritual birth

PS: the eyebrows will look funny for about a week and I have no good solution for dealing with it (fake eyelashes shit etc never rather just be laughed at with dignity XD) but this is just part of the "cost" I will pay in order to never forget this starting point.
    Rituals are fun so enjoy yours

Hey JinRaTensei,

Apologies, I wrote a reply to this and I must of not sent it somehow.

The voice is my own. Same voice I usually confer with when mulling things over. My own internal dialogue.

Your ritual sounds pretty intense. Have you done it yet?

I am thinking about just having a regular way that I begin my meditation sessions, and a regular way to end them.

Perhaps lighting a candle, some incense, perhaps having a mat I only use for meditation. Something just to anchor to the idea of a beginning and an end to my meditation.

I have been thinking about what you said though. I am kind of wondering about whether to do a really intense meditation session where I really throw myself in at the deep end. Like maybe meditate for a few days only stopping to eat, toilet, sleep, etc. Or whether to just set up a regular meditation session. Or perhaps even just when my body calls out for it.

Who know? I am going to go with the flow. Let my mind and body tell me what to do.
    Know The Self.

Apologies, I wrote a reply to this and I must of not sent it somehow.
    No problem, really. We all have things to do etc so donīt sweat it if you answer later, never or in any other way. There is no obligation but still appreciation of every interaction between members, at least in my opinion.

The voice is my own. Same voice I usually confer with when mulling things over. My own internal dialogue.
    Interestig for me personal, thank you for your response!

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...rove-me-wrong!

This is a thread I had started not to long ago regarding this matter, I am still trying to fully understand why the "voice" with which I think sounds exactly like how I perceive my voice to sound when I speak externally through my mouth. Up to this point you are the first person I came across who seems to think in the same way.
    Allthough personally I still donīt quite believe that other people are so different in thei way of thinking and that I maybe was not able to express clearly enough what I wanted to show.
    Also the concept of "daimon" could be interesting for you as well in this regard. Because according to other members and sources this "internal dialog" is a form of "true" or "false" genius. (genius more as in state of being/thinking than a social label for ego vanity it is today).

Your ritual sounds pretty intense. Have you done it yet?
    Nope.I will do it next week at full moon. But I decided to not shave my eyebrows because I no longer need to in order to feel completly "reborn" in a way.
    For me this is the most drastic ritual I have done so far but it is also not just for spiritual reasons but also health reasons. So I am in the process of changing my whole diet, buying water distillers,juicers, colloidal silver makers etc to start a completely new chapter of my life.
    The reason I choose such a drastic (first world drastic an african spiritualist would not stop laughing about the white mens "drastic" ^^ ) ritual is because I almost literally have no discipline. I have, imo, enormous endurance but no discipline because I have no will power for what I do not care for/about and sadly I almost care about nothing earthly/worldly anymore.
    So thats the fix I am going for, creating caring emotions through personal investment to change my mindset. Because mindset is focus and focus is energy/consciousness direction. Where the spirit focus the material will follow. So this is the most basic reason for doing the ritual the way I choose.

Same goes for you if you wish so. Think about what you want to achieve and also think about why you have not already achieved it and start from there. That way no matter which ritual you finally decide to do or even do none of all your focus and energy will be brought to where you want it to go. Your goal is already established. The rest is just you figuring out how to keep the focus which is you figuring out how to continue the flow of energy and consciousness.
    Emotions for instance are great signs of energy and determination is a great sign of consciousness.

I am going to go with the flow. Let my mind and body tell me what to do.
    I see you understand

Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    No problem, really. We all have things to do etc so donīt sweat it if you answer later, never or in any other way. There is no obligation but still appreciation of every interaction between members, at least in my opinion.
    Thank you for your kindness and patience Jin. It sometimes takes me a little while to put together what I wish to say.

I am still trying to fully understand why the "voice" with which I think sounds exactly like how I perceive my voice to sound when I speak externally through my mouth. Up to this point you are the first person I came across who seems to think in the same way.

Although personally I still donīt quite believe that other people are so different in their way of thinking and that I maybe was not able to express clearly enough what I wanted to show.

Also the concept of "daimon" could be interesting for you as well in this regard. Because according to other members and sources this "internal dialog" is a form of "true" or "false" genius. (genius more as in state of being/thinking than a social label for ego vanity it is today).
    With regards to the voice inside your head. I agree, I perceive it to sound like the voice I use externally. Although if I listen to a recording of myself I quickly realise it is not the case.

I would have to agree. I am not sure I fully believe that other people are so different myself. I am open to the idea. Although I think often times, some people are so used to their internal dialogue they take it for granted, practically forgetting it is even there.

I agree the concept/archetype of the “daimon” is very interesting for me in this regard. My goal is psychological individuation. I wish to create and strengthen my relationship with my subconscious. A good way to do this it seems is to create a imaginary "daimon". Which I have been attempting for some time, and it seems may have come to fruition recently.

I have, imo, enormous endurance but no discipline because I have no will power for what I do not care for/about and sadly I almost care about nothing earthly/worldly anymore.
    I my opinion it is not worth beating yourself up over. So long as you have some small amount of focus, which it sounds like you do. These things will happen in time. It is often like a snowball effect. Better to enjoy the journey than stress yourself out about how fast you are getting to the finish line. Just focus on what you do care about, in the same way that all roads lead to rome, all caring/passions/things lead to the 'all' eventually.

Even the smallest flickering flame, with consistancy, will melt the whole candle.

Your goal is already established. The rest is just you figuring out how to keep the focus which is you figuring out how to continue the flow of energy and consciousness.
    It seems it is, and I think I know what my next step will be. I think in just over a weeks time, I shall be having a three day meditation. I am going to do my best to stay under for the whole three days, other than eating, toilet, and sleep. I think I may not even bother with the binaural beats and just get noise cancelling headphones. I am concerned about what that length binaural beats may do to my hearing. Although I may use them for an hour or so intermittently throughout the meditation.

Hopefully, I will eventually learn to change my own brainwaves the Theta at will. This way I will no longer have to rely on binaural beats.
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 08-12-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Know The Self.

+ Reply to Thread