Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Spiritual Alchemy A Valid Path?

Blog Entries
    Yeah and politicians and presidents were meant to serve the public and not rape and steal and murder and lie at every turn. Shit happens.

And what is the point of making the Stone with only physical methods? What is the point of doing that other than just having a geeky adventure (which is fine, we all need hobbies)?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    And what is the point of making the Stone with only physical methods? What is the point of doing that other than just having a geeky adventure (which is fine, we all need hobbies)?
    To me, it is not an adventure but it is as important as my life & I take Alchemy very seriously.

Alchemy at its base level provides with a means of producing truckloads of gold by using a little amount of red powder known as the Philosopher's stone. This is the basic definition of alchemy.

I want to ask:
    How can by merely meditating chakra kundalini Inner Alchemy or whatever mumbo jumbo you want to call it can you end up with insane amounts of Gold?
    @dev:
    I do not think you need to be told what an adjective/adverb does to a statement. Read this with your previous responses to my original post, you will get why I wrote so.

Alchemy at its core is the study of nature. Hence it is a physical science not spiritual as many will argue. Also, this Inner Crap seems to be argued by those who do not get generally what Prima Materia is.
    Last edited by Dwellings; 08-10-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Yeah and politicians and presidents were meant to serve the public and not rape and steal and murder and lie at every turn. Shit happens.

That's what alchemy is and always was, why question its goals and methods? If it is not to one's liking, then seek another pursuit. But do not try to "hijack" alchemy and claim it was really about mysterious mind powers that no one has ever proved they exist in the first place. Now that would be an excellent situation to ask your question: And what is the point of making the Stone with "mental" methods for which there is no proof whatsoever that they even exist in the first place?

Besides, if such mental powers did really exist, I can't imagine anyone wasting his time making the Stone. A person possessed of such mental powers would have pretty much anything he wanted already, would have a blast everyday of his life and have most his time already occupied doing other things, like going around looking for hot chicks and mentally convincing them that you are the man of their dreams:

**SAID A LA OBI-WAN KENOBI** "The clown you are with is not the man you are looking for, dump him. I am the studliest stud of your wildest dreams, the one you have been fantasizing with all your life, you will invite me to your apartment tonight..."

Alchemy: Jedi Knights Need Not Apply (because they are already plenty busy doing a million other amusing things with their amazing mind powers)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Alchemy at its core is the study of nature. Hence it is a physical science not spiritual as many will argue. Also, this Inner Crap seems to be argued by those who do not get generally what Prima Materia is.
    Does "Nature" not have a "spiritual" cause? (Hermetic Law of Causality)

I see Alchemy as involving Spiritual Principles practically applied (inside the "Alchemical Crucible" and laboratory) in & to the realm of physical matter, thus taking it beyond mere chemistry.

What, in you view, are the attributes of the "Prima Materia" (generally)?

You quoted Ab Roek earlier. If I'm not mistaken, both of you have openly admitted not to have performed practical laboratory work yet. It could be interesting to hear your perspectives after commencing the practical Work.

For me, it's fascinating to observe how physical matter can have its properties radically altered when treated alchemically. Or even matter "mysteriously" appearing where there was none before.

The Work in itself doesn't seem to require any "spiritual mind powers". However, a deep, primordial (dare I even say Gnostic) inner-standing of Spirit (and its manifestations, attributes and affinities in the physical realm) seems to be necessary in order to uncover the mysteries of the actual Practical Work.
    Last edited by Andro; 08-10-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Would you consider things like "hallucinogenic visions" or astral travel or generally everything "Mumbo Jumbo Jedi Mind trick" what shamans worldwide are doing daily?
    What about healing/regeneration(self remission/spontaneous self healing), precognition or knowledge one should not have according to physics?

What about dreams if they tell us things about "reality" also fake?
    What about mushrooms and DMT ?
    What about remote viewing?

Where exactly is your line between "reality" and everything else?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    Would you consider things like "hallucinogenic visions" or astral travel or generally everything "Mumbo Jumbo Jedi Mind trick" what shamans worldwide are doing daily?
    What about healing/regeneration(self remission/spontaneous self healing), precognition or knowledge one should not have according to physics?

What about dreams if they tell us things about "reality" also fake?
    What about mushrooms and DMT ?
    What about remote viewing?

Where exactly is your line between "reality" and everything else?
    All those are valid in my own experience (except that I'm not familiar with psychedelic substances, which I don't use for shamanic work or for anything else).

But these are not "Alchemy" in the classical/canonical sense of the term, although the same rules generally apply to every area of research and inquiry.

But these are not "Alchemy" in the classical/canonical sense of the term, although the same rules generally apply to every area of research and inquiry.
    I guess that can be the case but to me it does not matter. I view it all as "cultivation" and only rely on the laws which rule everything else. So like you mention if the same rules apply than there can be no practical achemy without inner alchemy or even if it would not be called inner alchemy it would still work and be "real"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That's what alchemy is and always was, why question its goals and methods? If it is not to one's liking, then seek another pursuit. But do not try to "hijack" alchemy and claim it was really about mysterious mind powers that no one has ever proved they exist in the first place. Now that would be an excellent situation to ask your question: And what is the point of making the Stone with "mental" methods for which there is no proof whatsoever that they even exist in the first place?

Besides, if such mental powers did really exist, I can't imagine anyone wasting his time making the Stone. A person possessed of such mental powers would have pretty much anything he wanted already, would have a blast everyday of his life and have most his time already occupied doing other things, like going around looking for hot chicks and mentally convincing them that you are the man of their dreams:

**SAID A LA OBI-WAN KENOBI** "The clown you are with is not the man you are looking for, dump him. I am the studliest stud of your wildest dreams, the one you have been fantasizing with all your life, you will invite me to your apartment tonight..."

Alchemy: Jedi Knights Need Not Apply (because they are already plenty busy doing a million other amusing things with their amazing mind powers)
    Ah. I see. Ok. Well I don't waste time with teenager arguments, nor with those that repeat a question as an answer. Enjoy matter. Since that is all you see, that is all you will ever get. I am going to use the ignore function. With a simple button I can manipulate my forum reality. Wonderful is it not.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    If you looked a bit into this inner crap maybe you would be less inclined to waste energy about trying to convince the converted that it is a hoax. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JinRaTensei View Post
    So like you mention if the same rules apply than there can be no practical alchemy without inner alchemy or even if it would not be called inner alchemy it would still work and be "real".
    Alchemical Elixirs can be powerful supports/additions/enhancements to the Inner Work one is performing. Many ancient traditions (such as various Martial Arts, etc...) have Alchemical 'Back Rooms', usually accessible only to the highest initiates. Even one account of a Dzogchen master who was witnessed to achieve the 'Rainbow Body' reveals that he partook of the 'Blessed Medicine' prior to disappearing from the physical realm.

+ Reply to Thread