Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Spiritual Alchemy A Valid Path?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    LOL, its now a cult... Truth vs Hoax.
    The only cult mentality I have experienced in alchemy are from the American lab-focused alchemists and nowhere else.

The only hoax is that there is a Truth!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    The only cult mentality I have experienced in alchemy are from the American lab-focused alchemists and nowhere else.

The only hoax is that there is a Truth!

Editing the original post to suit your convenience, Hmm.......

Blog Entries
    Editing the original post to suit your convenience, Hmm.......
    Huh?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I am in fact an agnostic and an empiricist. You should already have guessed that much from my posts.
    We have common ground then.

So far none, but there are some good reasons why this has not happened yet, the chief being simply self-interest. Most people who discovered the empirical reality of transmutation did not want to "kill the goose that lays the golden eggs" for them by making it known to all.
    This is the problem of modern society up to the current date. People who you can tell think things like "It took me years to learn this stuff, like I am going to give it to you in 30 minutes.” really anger me. Think of where we could be now if they had just shared. And the bafflement of layman by academics using terms that the academic can barely understand themselves, etc. I like the quote of Einstein when he said, “If you cannot explain it simply, then you don’t know it well enough.”

This situation might change, though. So far I have gathered enough demonstrable repeatable evidence to convince me of the reality of the subject. And fortunately for our subject matter, most of the processes discovered by the old "chymists" (not alchemists) only give small amounts of gold and silver, not enough to derive a profit from them (unlike the Philosophers' Stone of alchemy, which can turn many times its own weight of base metals into precious ones), but only valuable to demonstrate the reality of transmutation, and in fact several of them in their writings specifically offered such processes as proof of the reality of transmutation without fear that gold and silver would lose their value (i.e. without "killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.") If or when I decide that I have enough evidence to prove it to the whole world is another matter. So far I too must remain on the fringe and simply limit myself to my personal convictions on this subject.
    Seems we are on the same wavelength here. Information for the masses. Real education, not training for the working class for their dead end jobs.What happened to geometry, chemistry, real history, etc. being part of the syllabus? And of course I believe that demonstrable evidence is important too. Although we have only just gained the ability to prove anything that may happen in the mind, and to be honest it is still a little lacking, but I guarantee we will see jumps ahead very soon.

Which unlike many of the weird claims that others keep bringing up, do not rely on mind-altering substances or some sort of mysterious special Jedi-like powers, and can be repeated by anyone. In other words, REAL EMPIRICAL FACTS.
    Sometimes less is more. You aren't going to make any friends talking like this. Especially being so unspecific.

I do not personally think mind-altering substances are part of the path either. Although I think they can be a tool. Personally, I seem to be able to get similar effects from meditation, and feel that meditation is less likely to unbalance my brain chemistry. Any drug we can ingest is only a trigger for something already within the body.

I would like to know what you think is quackery and what is not. My goal is practically to train to become a Jedi. ;0)P

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    For my ally is the Prima Materia. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Prima Materia around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere! Yes, even between the land and the ship."
    I try to keep an open mind to all things. We are children in the progression of conciseness. We only truly became conscious in a blink of an eye compared to the age of the universe, and perhaps a slightly longer blink compare to the age of humanity. There is still much we do not understand.

It is good and healthy that you remain skeptical, even of transmutation. I am not criticizing you for it. I am a skeptic myself, so I understand your point of view. I merely limit myself here to let you know of my personal conviction, based on repeatable facts that anyone can carry out (no mysterious special "powers" of any kind required), that unlike all those strange "spiritualist", "occultist", "mentalist", or whatever else claims, transmutation is quite real and demonstrable.
    I agree, healthy amounts of scepticism are good. Although I like to say it is important to believe everything, and nothing. If we ignore parts of the reality we live in we may not get the bigger picture. There is a chance that we will find inspiration in the most unlikely places.

Constancy is an important part of deciding what is reality and what is not. And there is consistency to many things that you may, or may not, consider 'mumbo jumbo'.

I am about to go and study psychology at university. The field is moving in leaps and bounds recently, with the advent of newer technology, more and more things are becoming clear. Especially with regard to such things as the benefits of meditation, the effectiveness of hypnosis, how the mind truly works, etc. And there is still plenty of mystery to be found.

I see benefits in doing what some of the shamans do. I found some surprising results during meditation. I recently began talking with myself. Sounds strange I know, but then when we think about the idea of congruence of the left and right hemispheres, and how many great minds had a thick corpus coliseum, and frontal lobe, which are two parts of the brain that still grow throughout our adulthood. The validity of studying these areas, and attempting to work on bettering the brain, or we could say transmuting the brain from one of lesser density to one of higher density, is clear.

I agree that talking of some of the strange things that can have no proof for may seem relatively pointless. But then I find most text relatively pointless due to the unstructured way our language works, and the lack of strong definition of words. At the same time, don't we all enjoy a bit of unprovable philosophy even now and again, a bit of stoner/philosopher talk?

Isn't it more important that we all get on? Rather than arguing with each other over things which neither will change their mind about, and neither can prove as of yet. Better to gradually attempt to help someone through subtle and gentle suggestion. To guide someone to the path, rather than shove them onto it. As we know, you can guide a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

On top of this, as I said before, there is a large chance that you may gain inspiration from unlikely places.

So far I have managed to make small amounts of silver and gold from some metals that I am quite sure through assaying did not contain the slightest visible amount of any of these two "noble" metals, so these are not the result of any supposed "impurities" in the materials used. May God (if he really exists) bless some of those old "chymists" who sometimes actually wrote the plain naked truth and defended it with tooth & nail by actually offering proof of the matter. It is thanks to them that I have been able to also become aware of the empirical reality of the subject.
    I do not doubt that this may be the case. If you say it, I will believe you for the sake of discussion. That way we can have a beneficial discussion for both of us.

I truly wish you the best, and hope that you do find what you are looking for. I honour your wish to be able to eventually share your information with the masses. And I see that your goal seems to be being able to prove transmutation, rather than actually get some gold. Which is a noble cause. Your appreciation for peoples honesty and of sharing their knowledge is something I also share.

I look forward to seeing some of your sharing of your proof and hope that you will perhaps in future open you mind a little to other peoples understandings.

Love and light.

Loki.
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 08-11-2016 at 01:00 PM.
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

Blog Entries
    As for the negativity dwellings, can you not feel the tension? and not from one particular person.

I could pull up all the bits that seemed a bit negative, although that would only do to attract more.

Don't get me wrong, I see the benefits of these kinds of discussions.

But they can be done in a way with less tension.

Perhaps in an inquisitive way?

As other people I am sure have said in the past. If any one of us knew all the secrets that alchemy has to share, I doubt that we would be here on this forum searching for the truth like everyone else. We are all at different levels, and the path is not straight.

Sometimes it takes believing all kinds of things to be motivated enough to find truth. Everyone's path is different. I have believed all kinds of strange things in the past, explored them, and then been lead to a new understanding.
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 08-11-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    Know The Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki Morningstar View Post
    As for the negativity dwellings, can you not feel the tension? and not from one particular person.
    I did not find any tension here, everyone is expressing their views thats it.

Blog Entries
    Fair play, for the sake of peace, maybe I am being over sensitive. It was just a observation on how I felt, and how I figured others may be feeling. I think attacking others beliefs is pointless. Instead I usually come at things I don't understand with curiosity.

It is not so much what is being said for me, but how it is being said.

I think it is important to, as much as possible, raise the good qualities, rather than attempting to hold down the bad. If you try to hold down the bad, it fights against its chains getting stronger and stronger until it breaks free again. If you just hold up the good, and let its light shine on all, the bad through lack of attention withers and disappears.

Creation not destruction.
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 08-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    Know The Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki Morningstar View Post
    Fair play, for the sake of peace, maybe I am being over sensitive. It was just a observation on how I felt, and how I figured others may be feeling. I think attacking others beliefs is pointless. Instead I usually come at things I don't understand with curiosity.

It is not so much what is being said for me, but how it is being said.

I think it is important to, as much as possible, raise the good qualities, rather than attempting to hold down the bad. If you try to hold down the bad, it fights against its chains getting stronger and stronger until it breaks free again. If you just hold up the good, and let its light shine on all, the bad through lack of attention withers and disappears.

Creation not destruction.
    We try to go back into our cocoon when our believes are questioned, I think your response above indicates the same.

My intention is not to change anyone's beliefs but bring out the truth and call the Hoax a Hoax. And, I do not think anyone has used any sort of abusive or arrogant language in this thread.

Blog Entries
    I have no problem with my beliefs being questioned personally. Although there may be others more sensitive than I.

I personally feel if you read back over your statements, it clearly show you attempt to change others beliefs. Not that this bothers me really. It is not so much what you are saying that has bothered me but how you say it. And I only tell you this for your own good. Not for mine. I could just leave this thread and forget about it. No worries.

I wasn't going to do this. But as I feel it may be of some benefit. Please remember, I am doing this but to show you a mirror. It takes me more effort to do it than to ignore it.

or whatever mumbo jumbo you want to call it.

Come out or you will end up only fooling yourselves.
    Mumbo Jumbo, not sure it was necessary to call inner alchemy that. And beings you don't seem to have any understanding of it, I would personally come at it from an angle of interest. Words like mumbo jumbo are bound to p*** people off.

As for the second statement. Come out or you will end up fooling yourself. This is not an attempt to influence others?

No, you are way off the true path.
    You know the true path? It seems arrogant to state that someone else is way off the true path. Again, likely to rub people up the wrong way.

Also, this Inner Crap seems to be argued by those who do not get generally what Prima Materia is.
    Inner Crap? Yet again, could have used better wording. Don't get what Prima Materia is? Hey guys, we can all give up the search Dwellings knows what the Prima Materia is! You can see how this comes across right?

There are plenty of other times when I personally feel you have done the same. Although I will not go further. And please remember I do this out of love, I have no other intentions.

Insight into yourself and how you effect others is, in my opinion, a big part of Inner Alchemy. It is about transmuting yourself to attract the relationships you want.

Love and Light.

Loki.
    Know The Self.

Blog Entries
    We try to go back into our cocoon when our believes are questioned, I think your response above indicates the same.
    Same goes for you I think.

...but bring out the truth and call the Hoax a Hoax.
    I say it again: the Truth is the Hoax.

Why don't you join a forum about that deals only with Flat Earth Theory and try and get the owners of that forum to close it down and create threads calling Flat Earth theory a hoax... do it and report back your response/success.

Alchemy Forums deal with all forms of alchemy, not only "lab" alchemy... there are forums out there on the Internet that focus only on lab stuff. We have a section in this forum that deals only with Ormus. Personally I think Ormus is bullshit... yet I created that section for those that want to talk about Ormus. There is nothing wrong with questioning something, but here is an example...

In the Shamanism section of the forums there is a thread called: Is psychedelics a valid path?

Now that is the right way to go about it.

Creating a thread called: The Psychedelic Hoax... well that won't go down well with all those that spend time in that part of the forum.

Really what you need to do is study warfare tactics. LOL.

Last edited by Awani; 08-11-2016 at 08:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread